Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New York State Bans High Capacity Thanksgiving Dinners

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    You are taking a simple issue of primary responsibility and stretching it to ridiculous lengths.

If I host a gathering in violation to public health guidelines and someone gets sick from COViD, I am negligent. It’s no different that an guest drowning in an unprotected pool on my property. Infection is a clearly foreseeable occurrence.

A hospice nurse friend who has cared for numerous COViD patients for their last few days posted this. I don’t completely agree, but it’s much closer to reality than not and it’s easier than typing it out.

Attachment 63343
    If people find that graphic compelling, I sure hope she doesn't move off of COVID to subjects like personal vehicle ownership, use of alcohol or ownership of firearms!

That graphic relies on the much used logic of, "if it saves just one child, we must ban...."
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Have I walked into a Monty Python skit?

Wear a fucking mask. Be ethical in your interactions with others.

It’s not hard.

You’re advocating for criminal punishment. I’m trying to see how far you would go.

The virus scares you, what you advocate scares me.

I do agree with you that we should be ethical in how we treat others.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It would be good to have supper powers. It's hard to figure out what to have for dinner every day.
    Its hard to stay on a diet when these posts are around.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    You’re advocating for criminal punishment. I’m trying to see how far you would go.

The virus scares you, what you advocate scares me.

I’m advocating criminal prosecution in the case of criminal negligence, a clearly defined concept. If you hold a party and are aware people are sick, even if they are not diagnosed with COVID - you’re negligent. And the same applies with torts for civil negligence, too.

The virus does not scare me at all because I realize control is within my power.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Zincwarrior View Post
    Its hard to stay on a diet when these posts are around.
    Food for thought.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    This is not directed at you in particular, but I really hate it when people say something is "ethical." To pick two extremes, the golden rule and "do as thou wilt" are both ethical systems, but they'll likely lead to radically different outcomes. Without defining what ethical system is being referred to, saying something is "ethical" is a meaningless statement.

Site Supporter
    Cuomo was on, raising the Covid levels in Erie County and some of Niagara do the increasing levels of infection. On Thanksgiving, he mentioned that after Thanksgiving in Canada - an earlier date - they had a large increase in cases due to their holiday.

Now that might offend some of you who think Covid is hoax but cured with HQC plus being a plot to control mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    This is not directed at you in particular, but I really hate it when people say something is "ethical." To pick two extremes, the golden rule and "do as thou wilt" are both ethical systems, but they'll likely lead to radically different outcomes. Without defining what ethical system is being referred to, saying something is "ethical" is a meaningless statement.
    I’m a Pagan, and follow “an it harm none, do what thou wilt.” I think most people would follow something similar as their own ethics.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Cuomo was on, raising the Covid levels in Erie County and some of Niagara do the increasing levels of infection. On Thanksgiving, he mentioned that after Thanksgiving in Canada - an earlier date - they had a large increase in cases due to their holiday.

Now that might offend some of you who think Covid is hoax but cured with HQC plus being a plot to control mankind.
    How *dare* you interject actual reality into an argument about personal liberty and the right to fuck over our neighbors?
    Ken

Have I walked into a Monty Python skit?

Wear a fucking mask. Be ethical in your interactions with others.

It’s not hard.
    I am concerned that we are entering an age of insane government restrictions and the resultant mental health issues that are occurring.

CDC:

Elevated levels of adverse mental health conditions, substance use, and suicidal ideation were reported by adults in the United States in June 2020. The prevalence of symptoms of anxiety disorder was approximately three times those reported in the second quarter of 2019 (25.5% versus 8.1%), and prevalence of depressive disorder was approximately four times that reported in the second quarter of 2019 (24.3% versus 6.5%) (2). However, given the methodological differences and potential unknown biases in survey designs, this analysis might not be directly comparable with data reported on anxiety and depression disorders in 2019 (2). Approximately one quarter of respondents reported symptoms of a TSRD related to the pandemic, and approximately one in 10 reported that they started or increased substance use because of COVID-19. Suicidal ideation was also elevated; approximately twice as many respondents reported serious consideration of suicide in the previous 30 days than did adults in the United States in 2018, referring to the previous 12 months (10.7% versus 4.3%) (6).

Mental health conditions are disproportionately affecting specific populations, especially young adults, Hispanic persons, black persons, essential workers, unpaid caregivers for adults, and those receiving treatment for preexisting psychiatric conditions. Unpaid caregivers for adults, many of whom are currently providing critical aid to persons at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19, had a higher incidence of adverse mental and behavioral health conditions compared with others. Although unpaid caregivers of children were not evaluated in this study, approximately 39% of unpaid caregivers for adults shared a household with children (compared with 27% of other respondents). Caregiver workload, especially in multigenerational caregivers, should be considered for future assessment of mental health, given the findings of this report and hardships potentially faced by caregivers.

User Tag List