Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New York State Bans High Capacity Thanksgiving Dinners

New York State Bans High Capacity Thanksgiving Dinners

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/us/sh...rnd/index.html

NY state limiting private residences to no more than 10 people. That’s a common sense reasonable number of relatives to have over for thanksgiving. No one needs more than 10 people for one holiday dinner.

Sheriffs around the state refuse to enforce this executive action from Emperor Cuomo.

Given its NY, I thought their magic number has been dropped to 7?

Site Supporter
    Let’s hope people ignore this crap. Freedom and the health of society are on the line these days.

First off, great thread title.

So we limit gatherings to 10 people. Instead of 1 gathering, a family has 3. Uncle Joe goes to one for brunch, one for dinner, and one for late night drinks. Say Uncle Joe is infected?

Of course this doesn’t compare to the number he infected when they forced nursing homes to let him in...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/17/us/sh...rnd/index.html

NY state limiting private residences to no more than 10 people. That’s a common sense reasonable number of relatives to have over for thanksgiving. No one needs more than 10 people for one holiday dinner.

Sheriffs around the state refuse to enforce this executive action from Emperor Cuomo.

We have a restrictions on gathering limited to people who you live with in your home. Not 10, not 5, just who is with you anyway. So far till the 23d but likely to be extended through holidays.

This is in a state that has a full GOP control at every govt level, that resisted mandates for as long as they could, and that Trump just won by 21%. And that has very large extended families.

Funny thing is that, seeing how we're setting all kinds of records, daily cases, daily hospitalized, ICU use, and deaths, nobody seems to be complaining much. Common sense, eh?
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The table can fit 10 chairs, but only 7 people can sit at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    We have a restrictions... Common sense, eh?
    If it was common sense, you wouldn't need restrictions.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    If it was common sense, you wouldn't need restrictions.
    Apparently you don't subscribe to the line of thought that I first saw on LF - common sense - so rare it should be a supper power.

Until recently I wasn't much worried. Both of my sons, however, were bitching heavily about the folks they worked with refusing to wear masks. They work at a paper mill. At latest count they tell me that two of their co-workers have died, at least one is in ICU, and numerous workers are off for the mandated two-weeks because they've tested positive. At this point everyone on the machines are working 12 to 16 hour shifts, and they are just about to the point of putting one machine off-line because of man power. One son is fearful that at that point the plant will be shutdown.

So, yeah, 'muh, rights' trumps everything may not be the best way to roll.
    Last edited by DDTSGM; 11-18-2020 at 11:28 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    We have a restrictions on gathering limited to people who you live with in your home. Not 10, not 5, just who is with you anyway. So far till the 23d but likely to be extended through holidays.

This is in a state that has a full GOP control at every govt level, that resisted mandates for as long as they could, and that Trump just won by 21%. And that has very large extended families.

Funny thing is that, seeing how we're setting all kinds of records, daily cases, daily hospitalized, ICU use, and deaths, nobody seems to be complaining much. Common sense, eh?

The GOP has been less than impressive during this time as well.

Do you all believe that people should be arrested for violating these orders?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    The GOP has been less than impressive during this time as well.

Do you all believe that people should be arrested for violating these orders?
    Not who you asked, but if deaths can be traced to violations of the orders hell yes. It’s criminal negligence.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Apparently you don't subscribe to the line of thought that I first saw on LF - common sense - so rare it should be a supper power.
    I have noticed that many Lightfighter folks apparently have prodigious supper powers.

User Tag List