Page 70 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20606869707172 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    Is anyone using a Levo Bumpster instead of a leg leash? Thoughts if so?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    As a secondary source; from a friend with one. The bumpster is great for the use cases/alternatives as described on the Levi page but will almost certainly fight for right of way with male anatomy.

My wife’s friend loves it for short-shorts, her husband tried it for about thirty seconds and stopped.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

The leg leash was a weak point in the enigma system. I got rid of it because of all the troubles with it loosening /unsnapping at inconvenient times. Instead I took a DCC clip and attached it to the face side over the wing. It grabs and also solves the problem of the waist of the pants riding up higher preventing from a good draw. Just adding the Dcc clip made it a better setup for me as well as the Levo cover kit. I think it is called the papoose.

I recently switched to the Bumster and like it much better. I’m going to order more for my daughter and I when she gets me her measurements. I’ve worn it lifting and to yoga and it’s easier to deal with than the stock leash.

I made my own version of the Bumster and it's so much better than the leg leash... As in I never even think about it as I wear it.
    As for the interference comment, I don't get that either. The strap starts out to the side of your business and passes underneath across the taint, and mine clips to the side in the back (about 4:00) so it never tries to ride up my butt crack.

Its been 9 months since an update. Is everyone still happy? Has anyone found any hacks since the last mention?

I still love mine. I have 3 and if I’m leaving the house I have one of them on. I don’t use other holsters at all unless it’s for a j-frame and I’m just lazy to put the enigma on.

I have one Lightbearing Express with Glock + ACRO + P2, one non light bearing express that I swapped to a JMCK shell for a G17 that I use for various size Glocks depending on the day, and a standard model with JMCK G17 shell that I use if I’m doing something active or range days just to cut down the sweat on the two I normally use.

I get way better concealment with the Enigma vs anything else I’ve tried, I find them more comfortable (with the sporty belt), and they work with any pants.

I like the express face better than the standard, but like a longer holster so I’m using the JMCK even though they say not to. The dimensions of the holsters are basically identical other than barrel length so I don’t anticipate any issues, but I haven’t been running this one that long yet. Concealment wasn’t impacted by changing the shell.

The sport belt should be standard. The regular belt is seriously awful, and the sport belt makes such a huge difference. Just order it along with the enigma.

I don’t use a leg leash at all. I didn’t find it super uncomfortable, but I just found it unnecessary since I added a DCC clip. I can go a whole day at the range doing draws and I don’t get any movement.

I added the DCC clip because I’d run into situations where some pants would shift on top of the enigma resulting in the gun being too low below the belt line to get a good grip. The DCC clip keeps my pants and belt positioned where I want them so they don’t impede my grip, and also prevents shifting when drawing as mentioned previously.

Phlster doesn’t recommend the clip since it makes part of the package externally visible and won’t work for deep carry positions where the holster is deep beneath the belt line. I don’t use it for either of those scenarios, so those aren’t concerns for me.

The only downside is that they are difficult to put on without taking your pants off. If you are constantly going places where you have to disarm and then rearm it may not be a good choice for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I like the express face better than the standard, but like a longer holster so I’m using the JMCK even though they say not to. The dimensions of the holsters are basically identical other than barrel length so I don’t anticipate any issues, but I haven’t been running this one that long yet. Concealment wasn’t impacted by changing the shell.
    I didn't know you weren't supposed to do that. The only downside I can see is maybe your chosen holster doesn't lead to a correct ride height with the Express plate, but like you I've found my JMCK holster works fine. My dad had an Express for a J Frame he ended up not liking, so I got just the Enigma system from him because I don't own any J Frames, and he kept the City Special. I use it as my primary 1911 carry now with a JM 2.0 I already had. It works great.

I only plan on buying Express models in future, but lucky for me the only Enigma currently on my buy list is one for an LCR, so I'll use PHLster's holster for that. Same if I end up with an 856 at some point and want an Enigma for that.

There's a DCC clip on the outside of my Enigma too but it's for a mag carrier, clipped to my pants under my belt for just a little more security than having it riding only on the Enigma. I find it helps for day-to-day use to keep the pants about where they need to be for a good draw. If I was taking a class or doing really draw-intensive practice I'd switch back to a Tenicor traditionally mounted on a belt, but for dry fire and my typical range trip the Enigma is stable enough.

Also I'm one of those people who gets along fine with the stock leg leash.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I still love mine. I have 3 and if I’m leaving the house I have one of them on. I don’t use other holsters at all unless it’s for a j-frame and I’m just lazy to put the enigma on.

I have one Lightbearing Express with Glock + ACRO + P2, one non light bearing express that I swapped to a JMCK shell for a G17 that I use for various size Glocks depending on the day, and a standard model with JMCK G17 shell that I use if I’m doing something active or range days just to cut down the sweat on the two I normally use.

I get way better concealment with the Enigma vs anything else I’ve tried, I find them more comfortable (with the sporty belt), and they work with any pants.

The sport belt should be standard. The regular belt is seriously awful, and the sport belt makes such a huge difference. Just order it along with the enigma.

I don’t use a leg leash at all. I didn’t find it super uncomfortable, but I just found it unnecessary since I added a DCC clip. I can go a whole day at the range doing draws and I don’t get any movement.

I added the DCC clip because I’d run into situations where some pants would shift on top of the enigma resulting in the gun being too low below the belt line to get a good grip. The DCC clip keeps my pants and belt positioned where I want them so they don’t impede my grip, and also prevents shifting when drawing as mentioned previously.

Phlster doesn’t recommend the clip since it makes part of the package externally visible and won’t work for deep carry positions where the holster is deep beneath the belt line. I don’t use it for either of those scenarios, so those aren’t concerns for me.

The only downside is that they are difficult to put on without taking your pants off. If you are constantly going places where you have to disarm and then rearm it may not be a good choice for you.
    Have run a dcc clip for years love it. If you want to deep conceal just unclip.and use enigma behind beltline

Can you post a photo of how you are using thevDCC clip?

User Tag List