Page 7 of 73 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Sorry if a dumb question, but where/how does the holster mount on that harness?
    The wing claw (or an adapter spacer) mounts in the two screw holes in the very bottom? \ : /
    David S.

I've been a long time Smart Carry user for things like running. The concept works and works well. This system seems to fill a similar need and between what I already know about appendix carry, things like the Smart Carry, and PHLster products, I'm sure it will be a big hit and work well. I'm probably in for one.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The wing claw (or an adapter spacer) mounts in the two screw holes in the very bottom? \ : /
    Yep, 14:00 discusses mount options for holster:

Also, mentioned at 23:00 it’s completely ambidextrous. Woah.

Meh. I've been doing something very similar for 2-3 years now for running: kydex holster w/soft loops, on a nylon cargo strap w/ slip-type nylon buckle. Works great. Belly band works fine too, just a little sweatier.

Looks like a nice plug-and-play option for folks though, if they wanna pay the 85 bucks.

I'm sure they'll sell, but honestly, just doesn't look worth it to me. And I definitely would not want that leg strap goin' on.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I have to admit I questioned the same. I would have placed an order at the release of the video and will order as soon as available. The idea you mention would not leave my head. Yesterday morning I attached my JMKydex 2.0 to my wilderness 5 stitch under my pants with a shirt tucked over and went about my day. Does it work? Yes it did. My feedback is I think the enigma will be better.
    The reasons why.
    The enigma will be a set and forget with a buckle. Yesterday took awhile to find the sweet spot of height and tension. Of course as soon as I remove the belt I would have to find it again.
    The enigma leg strap I originally questioned I now see how it could prevent the holster from riding up especially on the draw.
    The enigma I believe will also be thinner and less bulky.
    I’m not saying I won’t try my set up again before the enigma arrives. I will say I swapped out to my smart carry yesterday at lunch.
    Having worn a belt with board shorts, as in "under the shirt, behind the board shorts", I disliked it mucho: It slides around, the holster isn't attached securely enough to the belt without the drag of the fabric, etc... The drawstroke, especially after moving (think jiujitsu), is a crap shoot, etc.

This, hopefully, answers so many questions for me...

It seems you can sign up for a wait list on their website. Those who sign up for the waitlist will be notified first.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Sold out in minutes

Sadly it sold out in minutes with a restock scheduled “before Christmas.”

Excited that the need/demand is evident.

Bummed the initial offering was gone so quickly. Wish they went with a preorder model then email notification and/or refresh your Instagram model for release announcement.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

I set up notifications for their PHLster Concealment Workshop FB group so when the first guy that posted "I got one" I knew it was time to order. Managed to snag two, one for me, one for the wife.

It'll be replacing her Dene Adams corset holster that she's been using for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    Sadly it sold out in minutes with a restock scheduled “before Christmas.”

Excited that the need/demand is evident.

Bummed the initial offering was gone so quickly. Wish they went with a preorder model then email notification and/or refresh your Instagram model for release announcement.
    Perhaps Phlster should find a more-capable vendor, to make their stuff. “Out of stock” is all too familiar, at the Phlster site.

Nobody who notifies only via insta-zuck is going to be selling me anything.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-25-2020 at 11:24 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

My understanding is that the Enigma sold out 20 minutes after the email notification went out, and that the next purchase availability will be in mid-December.

Vendor stuff and business predictions are tricky. While I was 45 minutes to late to snag myself an Enigma, I’m happy to wait, and confident that I’ll get equipped eventually.

We’ve all had to learn a new sort of patience and unpredictability during this year.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

User Tag List