Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody know if the Enigma will work with the Tenicor Certum or Velo holsters assuming one uses the fixed retention kit hardware? Torn between getting one of those or using the Phlster fixed retention holster, the Skeleton. I really don't like that it is black though, when I can have the Tenicors in the sexy Shivworks gray instead. Now I can order a gray belt from Phlster for the Enigma, trying to stay away from black and I have a tan NRA edition 365 that I intend to carry with the Enigma.
    The Tenicor holsters won’t work since they don’t use a claw.

Go with the Enigma shell from JMCK. They are by far the best option I’ve used and come in gray.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Anybody know if the Enigma will work with the Tenicor Certum or Velo holsters assuming one uses the fixed retention kit hardware? Torn between getting one of those or using the Phlster fixed retention holster, the Skeleton. I really don't like that it is black though, when I can have the Tenicors in the sexy Shivworks gray instead. Now I can order a gray belt from Phlster for the Enigma, trying to stay away from black and I have a tan NRA edition 365 that I intend to carry with the Enigma.
    You can get the Levo Papoose cover in gray which covers the whole Enigma system. The Skeleton Holster is nice, but I would prefer color options and a full body shield like the JMCK shell. We may get the JMCK shell for my wife.
    Be Aware-Stay Safe. Gunfighting Is A Thinking Man's Game. So We Might Want To Bring Thinking Back Into It.

The Tenicor Certum has a camming bar, why would the camming bar work less well than a claw? The fulcrum is in the same position as a claw.

Quote Originally Posted by jellydonut View Post
    The Tenicor Certum has a camming bar, why would the camming bar work less well than a claw? The fulcrum is in the same position as a claw.
    The enigma attaches via the claws screws as anchor points for the chassis. The tenicor holsters don't have screw holes at that position.

John Hauptman did have an IG experiment showing tenicor holsters working on a light bearing enigma though. I tried it with mine and it is workable but suboptimal in my opinion, unless one had both a lb enigma and tenicor already, and needed to make do.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

DSP is correct, in that Tenicor holster by and large are not compatible with the Enigma, given the absence of the traditional and ModWing-based hole pattern.

That said, several Tenicor holsters are compatible with the Enigma LC, even if the holster itself isn't light-bearing; the hole patterns align.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/how-...earing-enigma/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH6Lrxel...d=25aofnolkhhc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWIsKglnEE/
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    DSP is correct, in that Tenicor holster by and large are not compatible with the Enigma, given the absence of the traditional and ModWing-based hole pattern.

That said, several Tenicor holsters are compatible with the Enigma LC, even if the holster itself isn't light-bearing; the hole patterns align.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/how-...earing-enigma/

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH6Lrxel...d=25aofnolkhhc

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQWIsKglnEE/
    This is the same conclusion I reached. Phlster does not actually recommend such experimentation, but if one wants to tinker, the version for pistols with WMLs is the one to order, and that is what I did. Of course, if my experiments fail, that is on me, so I would not expect to have any return privileges. (I have several ideas that I want to try, including uses the Enigma to tote highly-valuable items that are not firearms, in areas where firearms are forbidden; in effect, a traveler’s money belt on steroids.)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I don’t use my enigma as my exclusive holster but I do use it o”when wearing gym shorts while doing yard work or stuff. JMCK enigma shell is great.

The Levo papoose is a great addition and think it is mandatory. There is no reason why the enigma has to have such sharp edges and such. In its stock form it is more uncomfortable then a regular AIWB belt holster. The leg leash could benefit again from Levo designs. I had problems with it from the beginning and see that it is redesigned now. I don’t need the leash.

Either way it is a nice design idea that I am kinda meh about but JMCK enigma shell and Levo designs came through and made the product/concept better.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Phlster does not actually recommend such experimentation...
    Nah dude, it's totally fine. Plenty of people are running around with Certums\etc attached to Enigma LCs. Other than potentially folding the attachment tab for the leg leash, it's pretty well-explored as of this writing.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Nah dude, it's totally fine. Plenty of people are running around with Certums\etc attached to Enigma LCs. Other than potentially folding the attachment tab for the leg leash, it's pretty well-explored as of this writing.
    Good to know. I do not use the forms of social media where much Enigma information is shared, so I was just going by what was stated on the main site, at the time I bought the version for WML pistol holsters. I carefully eyeballed the images, and decided to go for it.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    I just got mine, for the LCR 9mm.

HATED IT until I watched all the youthingy videos on setting it up, now it is my favorite holster/blaster for when I really don't feel like carrying a gun. Both gyms, the neighborhood grocery store, answering the door...The Mrs., who frequently gazes longling at my body and then asks if I am gaining weight fully approved of the concealment in my gym clothes, which included an almost see through WallyWorld Deadpool "Maximum Effort" T-shirt.

Gonna need another for the Glocks...

And maybe a more appreciative wife.

But I got 29 years invested in this one,...

The wife, not the holster.

pat
    Last edited by UNM1136; 09-03-2022 at 03:10 PM.

User Tag List