Page 65 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Awesome thanks!

I will pick one of the papooses up and give it a try.

I like the enigma concept and idea but I dont find it doing anything my belt holsters can’t do already except be more uncomfortable.

Enigma Shield 9mm Gen1 W/ TLR-6

Hello,

I've looked through all of Phlster's recommended light bearing holster recommendations but I haven't been able to find one that fits either of my carry guns:

Use: EDC
    Gun: Shield Shield 9mm Gen1 W/ TLR-6, threaded barrel, XS Big Dots, Extended mag
    Holster: T-Rex Arms Gen 1 sidecar

Use: Exercise/ landscaping/ Sweat Pants
    Gun: Taurus TCP 7380 (.380acp)
    Holster: Smart Carry Gun + Mag holster

I'd love to use the Enigma with the Taurus since it's a much lighter gun. I understand it's not a great gun but it's been proven reliable with 100s of training rounds and my carry ammo with Mecgar mags. I'm not willing to go without my TLR-6 on my EDC. Does anyone here have any ideas for how I might get into either standard or light bearing Enigma with these guns? I normally jog with the Taurus but I'm not completely happy with how difficult it can be to draw from. I'm not against running with the shield but I just don't have a good non-belt option.

The best I've found has been We The People Holsters with the additional "holster claw" option.

Any help is appreciated. I'd love to go on a run with the dog more often.

EDIT:

I double checked the list for the non-light bearing vendors and I might have found one for the Taurus.
    https://shop.roundedgear.com/products/iwb-kydex-holster
    Last edited by trajiiic; 12-30-2021 at 04:15 PM.
    "Follow me!"

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    Hello,

I've looked through all of Phlster's recommended light bearing holster recommendations but I haven't been able to find one that fits either of my carry guns:

Use: EDC
    Gun: Shield Shield 9mm Gen1 W/ TLR-6, threaded barrel, XS Big Dots, Extended mag
    Holster: T-Rex Arms Gen 1 sidecar

Use: Exercise/ landscaping/ Sweat Pants
    Gun: Taurus TCP 7380 (.380acp)
    Holster: Smart Carry Gun + Mag holster

I'd love to use the Enigma with the Taurus since it's a much lighter gun. I understand it's not a great gun but it's been proven reliable with 100s of training rounds and my carry ammo with Mecgar mags. I'm not willing to go without my TLR-6 on my EDC. Does anyone here have any ideas for how I might get into either standard or light bearing Enigma with these guns? I normally jog with the Taurus but I'm not completely happy with how difficult it can be to draw from. I'm not against running with the shield but I just don't have a good non-belt option.

The best I've found has been We The People Holsters with the additional "holster claw" option.

Any help is appreciated. I'd love to go on a run with the dog more often.

EDIT:

I double checked the list for the non-light bearing vendors and I might have found one for the Taurus.
    I'm pretty sure the linked holster won't work because it doesn't use a wing. I don't know for sure, but I'm afraid you might struggle finding a decent holster for that Taurus combo.

ETA: That said, you may find that your S&W Shield works fine in that role once mounted to the Enigma. I suspect you'll have an easier time finding a decent holster for that.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by trajiiic View Post
    EDIT:

That vendor does sell a wing as an add-on, so it should work. That said, they don't show it with the correct hardware, but that's easy enough.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Worked my way through 64+ pages due to a recurring interest in AIWB. I'm currently using a Certum at 4:00. When I try an AIWB experiment with same I simply can't sit down without the Staccato C beavertail digging in. I'm not skinny but don't have a gut at 6', 195 lbs. I'm assuming I would need a holster with a sweat shield or similar that would soften those features. Any/all suggestions welcome. FWIW I'm pretty set on getting down to 180 but I don't see that as making much of a difference wrt the beavertail. Whether I could make an Enigma work is almost a separate issue; I'm at the range 3/week where I have to remove EDC gear, practice with competition gear, and go back to EDC. I could lower my pants to R&R an Enigma setup, but taking shoes/boots and trousers on/off would be a non-starter. Still, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Worked my way through 64+ pages due to a recurring interest in AIWB. I'm currently using a Certum at 4:00. When I try an AIWB experiment with same I simply can't sit down without the Staccato C beavertail digging in. I'm not skinny but don't have a gut at 6', 195 lbs. I'm assuming I would need a holster with a sweat shield or similar that would soften those features. Any/all suggestions welcome. FWIW I'm pretty set on getting down to 180 but I don't see that as making much of a difference wrt the beavertail. Whether I could make an Enigma work is almost a separate issue; I'm at the range 3/week where I have to remove EDC gear, practice with competition gear, and go back to EDC. I could lower my pants to R&R an Enigma setup, but taking shoes/boots and trousers on/off would be a non-starter. Still, I'm interested.

Just guessing on your situation but do you have this problem with regular belt AIWB holsters? Maybe the holster is placed to low for your body type or too much tuck.

Any more info on your setup and maybe some other can give a crack at helping.

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    I don’t think a higher sweat shield would stop the beaver tail from poking you, at least on any good holster. A sweat shield that stopped a beaver tail from poking you, like with most of those hybrid holsters, would interfere with getting a good master grip during the draw.

An Enigma wouldn’t require you to remove your shoes or completely remove your trousers. You could take the Enigma off without even lowering your pants as long as you could undo the leg leash through your pants fabric. You would need to lower your pants to put the enigma back on when you were done shooting your competition setup at the range, though.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Does anyone know of a compatible holster that will will work for a 3" k frame?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    JM Custom makes a WC 2.0 that works well, and I think he can also make an enigma shell (fixed retention).

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/ES-E...l-Holster.html
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

User Tag List