Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by willie View Post
    My pain medication must be fogging my brain. Honestly, I can't comprehend where or how this thing fits on your body. It sounds like you have to unzip your pants before you can draw the pistol.
    Don’t over-think this. The whole Enigma rig can be considered one layer of “clothing.” Then, one simply dons another layer of clothing over the Enigma. Your outer layer, be it trousers, skirt, kilt, dress, bathrobe, kaftan, or whatever, is simply independent of the Enigma. For some folks, the Enigma may be a base layer. For me, I’d rather the Enigma be a middle later, though now that I have a Floodlight-compatible Enigma, a.k.a. Light-Bearing Enigma, I might wear the rig outside my trail-running shorts, with a long-tailed sun hoody covering the rig.

The Enigma is like a belly-band rig, in that it can be worn below one’s normal belt line, at one’s normal belt line, or above one’s normal belt line. The draw is upward, not sideways, like one would do to reach the weapon via the trousers’ zipper opening.

The Lucky Gunner and P&S you-tube videos explain it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxG3aW2cS88

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gR77wwJvmE
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Or you can wear it all by itself, buck-ass naked... The ultimate tactical fig leaf.
    I recommend the Light Bearing version for better coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Or you can wear it all by itself, buck-ass naked... The ultimate tactical fig leaf.
    I recommend the Light Bearing version for better coverage.
    Those with a very big gun would have to carry a very big gun to conceal their very big gun.

Site Supporter
    Bucky, I would be concerned about putting a Glock bullet through my ding-a-ling, but you make a good point. One of my buddies put a bullet through his right testicle. His experience makes me use a 3 o'clock carry position.

Wore my Enigma for the first time most of the day Saturday. It printed slightly more than my DSG so I need to work on the adjustments and see if I can get it to tuck a little better. I really liked the independence from wearing on the belt. I did notice that by the end of the night the web belt was cutting into me pretty good and I’m still a little tender and have marks two days later. I probably over tightened to try and tuck it in better.

Finally got the in stock notification, and snagged one with only 9 left in stock, received it today. Slapped it all together and have worn it for a few hours with zero adjustments made (was in a hurry), I’m in love so far, but will tinker with adjustments tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was able to snag a standard enigma.

How is the clearance with the grip? Seems from the pictures that there is not much clearance unless stepping up to the JM custom enigma shell.

Question

Does anybody know if JM Custom Kydex is planning to make a Shell for the Light bearing Enigma? Want to set mine up for my 43X Roland style pistol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackbag View Post
    Does anybody know if JM Custom Kydex is planning to make a Shell for the Light bearing Enigma? Want to set mine up for my 43X Roland style pistol.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....=1#post1217688

User Tag List