Page 5 of 73 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    The thigh loop to keep it from riding up looks interesting and kinda uncomfortable.
    Understanding my considerable bias towards the design, the 6 or 7 year run of that feature has had quite the opposite reception: it's innocuous to the point of being forgotten, for most users. The hardware is flat and low-profile, and the webbing doesn't have particularly defined edges.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Good idea (especially for something in G43/G48 weight range) and the elastic straps look pretty stout. Eventually, I got used to pants with belt loops so I don't wear sweatpants anymore but I'd love to be able to wear those bird dog/built-in underwear style shorts in the summer (doesn't work well at the moment as the drawstring allows a lot of holster shifting). Something like that would be cool for running but normally elastic = bouncing = chafing. Looking forward to reviews.
    There isn't any elastic used in the Enigma, at all. That is a deliberate choice.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    There isn't any elastic used in the Enigma, at all. That is a deliberate choice.
    I thought this product looked kinda familiar and then on page 5 ...here you are.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Color me intrigued but I cannot help but wonder if this is 85.00 ( min if you do not already own a compatible holster) better than just looping up my already owned holster on a MM tactics belt around the waist carrying AIWB, pulling on some elastic waisted shorts/pants and moving on out.

Alternatively, I have a couple of pair of superlight weight tennis shorts with belt loops by Puma and Adidas. They are as light or lighter than a typical gym short. Lace up the belt and I can still squat, work out, ambulate vigorously and otherwise move to my heart's content.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Color me intrigued but I cannot help but wonder if this is 85.00 ( min if you do not already own a compatible holster) better than just looping up my already owned holster on a MM tactics belt around the waist carrying AIWB, pulling on some elastic waisted shorts/pants and moving on out.

Alternatively, I have a couple of pair of superlight weight tennis shorts with belt loops by Puma and Adidas. They are as light or lighter than a typical gym short. Lace up the belt and I can still squat, work out, ambulate vigorously and otherwise move to my heart's content.
    I think it will be better, but worth the $85 will probably depend on how often you plan to use it and how much you value getting every last bit of concealment.

I would think it would be a bit slimmer than just running a belt under your shorts since it connects to the holster without clips or loops that would be necessary with using a belt. For some people that combined with a little more adjustability might make a noticeable concealment difference. I would also hope it’s more comfortable against your skin than a nylon belt.

I’m leaning towards picking one up since I spend a majority of my time not wearing a belt these days but would prefer to have more gun than a pocket revolver.

I am also interested in trying it as a replacement for my normal belt setup since it could provide a little more flexibility since I wouldn’t have to work around belt loops. I also don’t have a butt so if I can remove the weight from my pants maybe they’ll stay up better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    I like it because you can leave it on when using the restroom(I don't have a colon so I'm in the restroom more than colon-enabled people), but I need a light equipped design. The Flex didn't work for me as well I as was hoping.
    This. I am “colon-enabled,” but tend toward I.B.S., so being able to keep the belt in place, while dropping the trousers, is a good thing.

This does not mean that I will spend money on this rig, as I have yet to see how it does anything that I cannot do with my existing products, and, being retired, have to pay attention to where those dollars go.

Plus, it is a bit difficult to understand why Phlster has chosen to promote products through media that I ignore, with extreme prejudice.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post

This does not mean that I will spend money on this rig, as I have yet to see how it does anything that I cannot do with my existing products, and, being retired, have to pay attention to where those dollars go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G

Plus, it is a bit difficult to understand why Phlster has chosen to promote products through media that I ignore, with extreme prejudice.
    These two points are not unrelated.

On topic, I sent a link to the video to The Boss and will post her reaction.

I might buy one but I need to get a wing holster first. I'm more of a JMCK George kind of guy.

Phlster has some pretty innovative stuff. I haven't used any of them but they certainly are not scared of thinking out of the box. I will probably get one even just to support their innovation.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

For those who do not like zuckers, it appears that Phlster has a yew-tube channel.

Edited to add: Seeing the video, I am thinking that this rig is “worth it,” so will probably order one, for my wife. I may not be able to justify the expense of one for myself, too.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-19-2020 at 02:40 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Jules
    Runcible Works

User Tag List