Page 37 of 73 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks. Your image help me visualize how much improvement I would see, if I stop trying to carry blocky Glocks AIWB, and get a Beretta, like yours. (If that is not a Beretta, please correct me!)
    I didn’t think it would, but it does conceal better than my 19. The round hood of the SRO also conceals better than pointed/blocky RMR/508/509. The 507 is close as it’s slightly rounded on top but not circular.

I’ve been waiting for the papoose from Levo to come in stock - have I been missing the drops or are they simply not obtainable at the moment?
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by guymontag View Post
    I’ve been waiting for the papoose from Levo to come in stock - have I been missing the drops or are they simply not obtainable at the moment?
    I have one I’m planning to give away here in the next week or so.

I switched to the slim buckle options so once I get my new ones I’m going to pass this one on to someone who can use it.

I’ve been in contact with John quite a bit over the last few weeks, and his time is limited due to still being in the Navy which is likely slowing the supply. I know he’s also been working on improving the design and a design for the light bearing model.

It is really an awesome product and worth the wait.

Y’all do know that an old sock, or two, with a couple of extra holes cut, can do what the Papoose does, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqREMKaPBF0
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-31-2021 at 10:09 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

At least run the sniff test before attempting. Athlete's foot on your bird sounds pretty unpleasant.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Y’all do know that an old sock, or two, with a couple of extra holes cut, can do what the Papoose does, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqREMKaPBF0
    It can do what the Papoose does in the same way a plastic grocery bag can do the same thing my wife's expensive purses do. I usually have to dodge some type of object being thrown at me when I use that analogy though.

The Papoose took away all of the hot spots that I was experiencing, and made the actual belt portion more comfortable. More importantly, it does so without the ability to bunch around the holster opening which could cause issues when reholstering which would be a major concern for me if I had a bunched up old sock around my holster.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    At least run the sniff test before attempting. Athlete's foot on your bird sounds pretty unpleasant.
    Or, jock rash on one’s toes, I reckon. Fungus among us.

Personally, I like wearing an oversized Ex Officio T-shirt, between my skin and any hardware, so no sock or Papoose seems necessary. I have not yet assembled my Enigma, but have occasionally worn an AIWB holster, and a belt, completely separate from the trousers. Actually, a JMCK George, on a Mastermind Tactics belt, does quite well, belly-band style, over such a T-shirt, and completely underneath, and not connected to, the trousers or athletic shorts, or, without a lower garment, under a robe, or such.

I started wearing Ex Officio T-shirts, while wearing body armor, under my police uniform shirt. They worked noticeably better than Patagonia Capilene, or Under Armor, of that time. (I know that Capilene got better, since then; don’t know about Under Armor.)

Edited to add: To be clear, I am not saying that an having a JMCK George, plus a belt, makes an Enigma unnecessary. The leg leash, and other things about the Enigma, make it the better choice, for a wider range of conditions and activities.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-31-2021 at 11:33 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I already recommended this to my buddy that likes his basketball shorts. I'm a straight jeans-and-a-belt guy all the time, but I'm curious about how much better it conceals than standard AIWB.

One downside--there is no way in hell I'm donning this thing to work. We're given the indulgence of being able to stow our heaters in our lockers. for obvious reasons, I remove both gun and holster (I think most everybody does), and it doesn't look like I'd be able to get the holster off the Enigma. While I think there's a fair number of dudes that would go, "Hey, Dude has a 'nigma", there's also a fair number of deputies that are dumb and have shit gear themselves. I don't feel like hearing about my fetish gunbelt, and also it looks like it'd be a pain in the ass compared to just unsnapping my holster.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    It can do what the Papoose does in the same way a plastic grocery bag can do the same thing my wife's expensive purses do. I usually have to dodge some type of object being thrown at me when I use that analogy though.
    I suspect many of us can not claim the high ground. For work, a 5.11 Rush12 with add-on water bottle and "oh shit" kit pouches. A Maxpedition Fliegerduffel for a weekender bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise_A View Post
    I already recommended this to my buddy that likes his basketball shorts. I'm a straight jeans-and-a-belt guy all the time, but I'm curious about how much better it conceals than standard AIWB.

One downside--there is no way in hell I'm donning this thing to work. We're given the indulgence of being able to stow our heaters in our lockers. for obvious reasons, I remove both gun and holster (I think most everybody does), and it doesn't look like I'd be able to get the holster off the Enigma. While I think there's a fair number of dudes that would go, "Hey, Dude has a 'nigma", there's also a fair number of deputies that are dumb and have shit gear themselves. I don't feel like hearing about my fetish gunbelt, and also it looks like it'd be a pain in the ass compared to just unsnapping my holster.

I suspect many of us can not claim the high ground. For work, a 5.11 Rush12 with add-on water bottle and "oh shit" kit pouches. A Maxpedition Fliegerduffel for a weekender bag.
    I have found a 26 or 19 in a JMkydex 2.5 attached to an enigma with my shirt tucked in prints less than with shirt untucked or with the holster simply attached to a belt. I dont know why it just works.

Site Supporter
    I noticed this morning that some loose fibers have started to show around the top edge of the Tetris panel on of the enigma. I didn’t sand or alter the plate in any way; but I have been wearing it daily for the last 3-4 weeks and I’m wondering if my pants combined with work related dirt that gets everywhere has been enough to abrade the melted edge.

I’ll post up photos this afternoon, but @Archer1440 or @runcible can I safely re-melt the fibers, or do something else to reseal the edge of the plate. I’m also a honking something like liquid electric tape applied to the edges might provide a sacrificial abrasion barrier, or maybe just some adhesive moleskin?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

User Tag List