Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by js475 View Post
    I plan to pick one of these up the next time they're in stock. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a good way to carry a fixed blade with this thing? I'd like to carry something like a Shivworks push dagger AIWB on my support side, but the buckle looks like it could interfere with sheath placement. Has anyone tried something like this with any success?
    I’m working on something and will post up pics when I get a chance. Right now I’m using the options size-reduction buckle attached to the grip-side of the chassis because I’m a skinny dude.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    I plan to pick one of these up the next time they're in stock. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a good way to carry a fixed blade with this thing? I'd like to carry something like a Shivworks push dagger AIWB on my support side, but the buckle looks like it could interfere with sheath placement. Has anyone tried something like this with any success?
    So put the buckle on the other side.

Site Supporter
    Right now I’m experimenting with an old school mini-culloden and some paracord “belt loops”. I like it ok, but it’s riding about 1” higher than would be ideal. For reference my navel is about even with the rear sight on the glock.

Name:  89CF1095-A427-491D-9478-08631557EC75.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  8F948F36-87C2-479D-9FF9-6D383D8965EF.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  37.5 KB

You might want to go take a look.
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    You might want to go take a look.
    Thanks! They were OOS when I checked a few hours ago, so they must have just updated the site.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Right now I’m experimenting with an old school mini-culloden and some paracord “belt loops”. I like it ok, but it’s riding about 1” higher than would be ideal. For reference my navel is about even with the rear sight on the glock.

Name:  89CF1095-A427-491D-9478-08631557EC75.jpg
Views: 866
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  8F948F36-87C2-479D-9FF9-6D383D8965EF.jpg
Views: 1115
Size:  37.5 KB
    That's pretty much what I'm looking to do. Do you think I'd be able to clip a sheath on the belt portion with a DCC clip?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    So put the buckle on the other side.
    Huh, I wasn't sure whether or not you could do that. I'll have to try when I get mine.

Site Supporter

That's pretty much what I'm looking to do. Do you think I'd be able to clip a sheath on the belt portion with a DCC clip?

Huh, I wasn't sure whether or not you could do that. I'll have to try when I get mine.
    I don’t currently own anything with DCC to try. My informed guess is it should work, but the webbing is really thin so depending on personal preferences it may or may not shift too much for you. Personally I like a sheath that can move a little bit and it’s how I normally have things set up, but I know some people hate it.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 03-23-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Site Supporter
    Got one of mine set up for a P365 today. Wearing it around the house and really liking it. I've read some complaints about the Enigma not having enough knuckle clearance, not sure how much that varies holster to holster, but I have plenty using a DSG Hitchhiker.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Does your sro sit behind the front axl plate? I'm running a holosun and for how I'm ordering to wear it, the rds face is touching the top of the plate. I wondered about an sro as ill be grabbing one soon.
    Here is the pic. Holster is a JMCK 2.0.

Name:  CB4E0612-A2AF-4640-85CB-B010A0896C46.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  34.7 KB

Got my enigma today. It feels pretty comfortable so far just wearing it around the house. One potential negative I've noticed is the edges on the plastic piece are a little rough. I wonder if they could have wrapped or coated it with some kind of soft material or rounded out the edges a bit more. We'll see if that ever becomes an issue when I wear it for an extended amount of time.

I played around with wearing a fixed blade on my support side. Clipping the sheath to the belt portion works, but it's not ideal. The webbing is too thin to stabilize it, and without a leg strap on the other side the sheath can ride up a bit on the draw. One possible solution could be to directly attach the sheath to some of the existing holes on the enigma. Unfortunately none of my sheaths have holes that line up with the holes on the enigma, and doing so would also put the knife too close to the pistol. Does anyone make something that could act as an "extender" that could attach to the enigma and then have a knife sheath screwed onto it? I feel that could be a good solution for those who want to wear a knife with the enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Here is the pic. Holster is a JMCK 2.0.

Name:  CB4E0612-A2AF-4640-85CB-B010A0896C46.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  34.7 KB
    Thanks. Your image help me visualize how much improvement I would see, if I stop trying to carry blocky Glocks AIWB, and get a Beretta, like yours. (If that is not a Beretta, please correct me!)
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List