Page 3 of 73 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Runners belt meets thigh rig, and they have a a child. (See SpiBelt and Nathan Performance VaporKrar, for examples of high-end runners belts.) To be clear, I am not minimizing the efforts of Phlster, or Phlster’s craftsmanship, but saying that the concept is valid.

I have been experimenting with carrying some very interesting things, using SpiBelt and Nathan Performance products, though the cover garment has usually been an oversized moisture-wicking shirt or hoody, but pulling one’s trousers over something like this makes perfect sense, too.
    Last edited by Rex G; 11-18-2020 at 10:17 AM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Clearly, something is wrong with me. I'm not feeling wildly ecstatic.

Will look forward to reviews here and further images since I don't do social media.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    I like it because you can leave it on when using the restroom(I don't have a colon so I'm in the restroom more than colon-enabled people), but I need a light equipped design. The Flex didn't work for me as well I as was hoping.
    --Jason--

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Clearly, something is wrong with me. I'm not feeling wildly ecstatic.

Will look forward to reviews here and further images since I don't do social media.
    I hope it's a success because I like innovation and Phlster.

On the other hand, I get pretty much all the benefits of this thing just wearing a gunbelt with my usual holster on my skin. The thigh loop to keep it from riding up looks interesting and kinda uncomfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I hope it's a success because I like innovation and Phlster.

On the other hand, I get pretty much all the benefits of this thing just wearing a gunbelt with my usual holster on my skin. The thigh loop to keep it from riding up looks interesting and kinda uncomfortable.
    Yeah am wondering how that will be received by females. Besides the obvious lack of ah exterior plumbing, they are also shorter waisted and have hips which tend to angle inward.

After watching the full video I will for sure be getting one. I personally see this as the future of carry and think it will completely replace carrying a belt mounted holster for me. They were not exaggerating when they said the photos of the “models” wearing it will look photoshopped. It potentially offers greater concealment and adjustability than anything else out there.

Seeing the pictures and the release video I was a 7/10 excitement. After watching the full hour video detailing all the features and designs I am a 10/10.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I look forward to hearing from any left-handed early adopters.

I'll be interested to try it. It looks like it could address some of the issues I've been having with dipping my toes into the AIWB stream, particularly by decoupling holster ride height from belt/pants ride height, and allowing negative cant without pushing the grip down into the belt and compromising my ability to get ahold of the gun.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Good idea (especially for something in G43/G48 weight range) and the elastic straps look pretty stout. Eventually, I got used to pants with belt loops so I don't wear sweatpants anymore but I'd love to be able to wear those bird dog/built-in underwear style shorts in the summer (doesn't work well at the moment as the drawstring allows a lot of holster shifting). Something like that would be cool for running but normally elastic = bouncing = chafing. Looking forward to reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by BobLoblaw View Post
    Good idea (especially for something in G43/G48 weight range) and the elastic straps look pretty stout. Eventually, I got used to pants with belt loops so I don't wear sweatpants anymore but I'd love to be able to wear those bird dog/built-in underwear style shorts in the summer (doesn't work well at the moment as the drawstring allows a lot of holster shifting). Something like that would be cool for running but normally elastic = bouncing = chafing. Looking forward to reviews.
    The belt strap isn't elastic, according to the video

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

User Tag List