Page 24 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    One of mine was missing the buckle. They were great to deal with and responded to the email in like 10 minutes and shipped one out the next day. One is set up with a 43X that is promising but I still need to play with how I have it set up. The other will be set up for a Shield for my wife. I'd like to get another for my around the house J Frame as well.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Clearly, you are not as smart as you look.

I am buying a few more, now that I know how to assemble them — or at least that is my story and I am sticking to it.
    I was thinking about trying to get an extra belt strap. I wanted to cut the primary one and melt the end so it wouldn't hang out.
    But I wanted another one just in case I do outdoor draw stuff where I put it over clothes and jackets and need more girth.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Clearly, you are not as smart as you look.

I am buying a few more, now that I know how to assemble them — or at least that is my story and I am sticking to it.
    I just used the Phlster assembly and adjustment videos, step by step. I didn’t freak out when my kit didn’t have the exact same screws at in the video and I hoped that the screws I received did have a minute coating of Vibratite or Loctite.

I’ve got mine setup for a low ride, deep concealment like yours. I used a Phlster holster I bought specifically for this and my G48 with a 507K on a Brownells slide.

#RESIST

Since I definitely am not as smart as I look, I used the video and a picture of an assembled rig to help me visualize what should go where.

This is my final configuration.

Name:  F2EB7D10-500A-421A-A28D-A94A8181C542.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  61.7 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    I was thinking about trying to get an extra belt strap. I wanted to cut the primary one and melt the end so it wouldn't hang out.
    But I wanted another one just in case I do outdoor draw stuff where I put it over clothes and jackets and need more girth.
    I’m not gonna talk you out of buying another, but a heavy duty rubber band would probably handle the excess belt.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I’m not gonna talk you out of buying another, but a heavy duty rubber band would probably handle the excess belt.
    That’s exactly what I’m doing now.
    But at a 31” waist there’s a lot of extra belt.

Maybe I’ll just trim it to 34 or so to compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by JCN View Post
    That’s exactly what I’m doing now.
    But at a 31” waist there’s a lot of extra belt.

Maybe I’ll just trim it to 34 or so to compromise.
    I trimmed mine and left 5-6 inches of extra.

Any idea on when these will actually be available to buy? No offense to PHLster I just have lost all interest in unobtanium stuff that requires me to follow Instagram daily or run a bot to buy or miss out on the limited drop. I'm sure the reason they sell out so fast is that they are fantastic like the rest of PHLsters stuff, so not crapping on the product itself, it looks awesome.

But I'm not exactly sure if I need one, and I'm willing to pay money for it, but not willing to pay a massive amount of energy on top of it, so if these are ever going to come out and actually be in stock, I'm down, but in skimming this thread over time, it sounded like maybe this was going to be a limited edition thing. I used to get very stressed trying to get limited edition drops of knives, keychain tools, knuckles, etc and I'm done with that. Anyone have an idea on if they'll be a regularly stocked thing, and how long it might be? Another 6 to 18 months maybe?

Sanch,

We're not running this as a limited edition item, and are stocking them as fast as they can be made - we're already two orders of magnitude greater in production than our initial intent, and we're still playing catch-up. We've had to tremendously realign production priorities, front-loading materials, and optimizing production; and we're still floored by the level of interest and the speed of sales.

I don't know how to best guide you, as relates to possible purchasing; but one of these days we'll clear the notification list and have a recurrent in-stock surplus. We'll get there, but I cannot speak to timelines: that's a question for the market itself.

Having previously been a maker crafting each unit by hand, in a very low-volume\slow-burn sort of pace; this is quite the contrast.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Sanch,

We're not running this as a limited edition item, and are stocking them as fast as they can be made - we're already two orders of magnitude greater in production than our initial intent, and we're still playing catch-up. We've had to tremendously realign production priorities, front-loading materials, and optimizing production; and we're still floored by the level of interest and the speed of sales.

I don't know how to best guide you, as relates to possible purchasing; but one of these days we'll clear the notification list and have a recurrent in-stock surplus. We'll get there, but I cannot speak to timelines: that's a question for the market itself.

Having previously been a maker crafting each unit by hand, in a very low-volume\slow-burn sort of pace; this is quite the contrast.
    So you're telling me......you guys haven't immediately filled an entire Amazon warehouse ready to ship to hundreds of thousands of people instantly who demand instant gratification and service.....I dont understand.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

User Tag List