Page 20 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by DougNg View Post
    Someone else asked how are people carrying spare mags in the Enigma, we use Snake Eater Tactical Burro pouches.
    Any chance you could post a picture of how you have the mag pouch attached? I’ve considered something like that but have a hard time picturing it in my head for some reason.

How is the concealment/comfort with that set up?

I was actually just thinking about that as I'm absolutely going to get another enigma for my G 19. I was thinking the a ten speed pouch would work well but looking at the burro I think I like the construction of that better for this purpose.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

As mentioned in an earlier thread I tried moving the slide down and in. I am going to try thus for a day or two before further tweaks. The only other issue is if u drive over an hour I find the grip digs under my rib cage. On several drives I've just removed the gun but I'm thinking there is a balance point between NPE concealment and comfort. It will just take a while to find.

Name:  20210130_125125.jpg
Views: 900
Size:  74.4 KB
    Quick snapshot of how im using the enigma. I definitely want one for my g19.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I just finished a 5K ruck march wearing my Enigma. It wore pretty well except that my waist belt was causing some pressure on the sights on my gut. The leg strap also will need to be adjusted a little tighter... it rode down a little and started to make the holster feel like it was getting pulled down my pant leg. It never shifted, but that is what it felt like.

Mine arrived today. I was NOT looking forward to putting it together as I hate assembling furniture and shelving, especially for the first time. It didn’t help that YVK called to say there goes the rest of my evening and to expect to spend 2-3 hours messing around.

I pulled the video up, referenced a few pages back, and dug in with a vengeance. Think I had it together and on, outside my pants, within ten minutes. My reaction is that while it won’t replace regular appendix for me, this is an absolute game changer and every serious gun person should have this in their kit. Under things like Prana Zion pants and shorts, which have a webbing belt, this is awesome.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I did sand the edges to round them over. I’ll keep an eye on it to see if it causes issues.
    An edge on the Enigma made a small cut on my middle knuckle, where I contact the edge when drawing. I put some female Velcro there to protect my knuckle from the edge.

Name:  658FCF32-DF6B-481D-86D1-7F733558AB2C.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  64.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    An edge on the Enigma made a small cut on my middle knuckle, where I contact the edge when drawing. I put some female Velcro there to protect my knuckle from the edge.

Name:  658FCF32-DF6B-481D-86D1-7F733558AB2C.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  64.4 KB

Same here. I use moleskin I have a larger hand so instead of stopping on the usual soft edge of my belt/pant line, I get that wicked edge.

I made a small tweak on my Enigma, and decided today was the day to wear it. Drove to the airport, flew a helicopter and hiked so far, all with comfort and satisfaction.

I like that you can quickly slide it higher or lower to prioritize concealment or drawing.

Name:  A77C20DF-379E-4C6D-963E-5349824D7F08.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  C303FC06-48E1-40DA-B4E3-CE2C16F36A64.jpeg
Views: 690
Size:  93.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I made a small tweak on my Enigma, and decided today was the day to wear it. Drove to the airport, flew a helicopter and hiked so far, all with comfort and satisfaction.

I like that you can quickly slide it higher or lower to prioritize concealment or drawing.

Name:  A77C20DF-379E-4C6D-963E-5349824D7F08.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  C303FC06-48E1-40DA-B4E3-CE2C16F36A64.jpeg
Views: 690
Size:  93.5 KB
    I’ve always worn my holsters lower for concealment. I’ve found with the enigma it seems to work better higher but with my shirt tucked. I have to wear my shirt tucked 5-6 days a week so for me this is a bonus.

User Tag List