Page 17 of 73 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I guess that it is the proper fan-boy thing to publicly state that I got my shipping notification today, too, after ordering yesterday. I signed up for tracking updates, via the USPS. Gotta say it here, on P-F, as I do not use the book that zucks.

One downer, is that I think the City Special I have is probably version 1, so not as readily Enigmable. (I got my City SPecial pre-owned, during the long drought when Phlster was showing the J-Frame version to be out-of-stock.) I would probably want to carry something bigger than a J-Snub, with the Enigma rig, anyway, but my wife would probably want to try the Enigma with a J-Snub.
    You’ll need a dark wing or mod wing, but your city special should work.

Looks like these are rolling out to GenPop at a good clip.

Not ordered yet, but am very interested in any feedback, even second hand, from female purchasers. Especially in terms of fitment as regards hip and, uh, female-specific upper body parts. Also location in terms of holster o'clock i.e. do these seem to work well at traditional AIWB location, or moved closer to strong side perhaps to hip. And lastly, as to belt-less pants experience over the Enigma; what works well, what does not work well. Asking for a friend. TIA.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Looks like these are rolling out to GenPop at a good clip.

Not ordered yet, but am very interested in any feedback, even second hand, from female purchasers. Especially in terms of fitment as regards hip and, uh, female-specific upper body parts. Also location in terms of holster o'clock i.e. do these seem to work well at traditional AIWB location, or moved closer to strong side perhaps to hip. And lastly, as to belt-less pants experience over the Enigma; what works well, what does not work well. Asking for a friend. TIA.
    The PHLster Concealment Workshop on FB has a bunch of ladies participating. #enigma on Instagram will get her a bunch of good videos. An enigma search on YouTube also will yield some very good videos by ladies as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhughes View Post
    The PHLster Concealment Workshop on FB has a bunch of ladies participating. #enigma on Instagram will get her a bunch of good videos. An enigma search on YouTube also will yield some very good videos by ladies as well.
    Much obliged. I will pass this on.

I have not gotten mine in the mail yet, but I was doing some research on them and found a video showing a comfort modification to the enigma:

Not sure if it is needed but they sell it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    I have not gotten mine in the mail yet, but I was doing some research on them and found a video showing a comfort modification to the enigma:

Not sure if it is needed but they sell it here.
    A banana hammock for your Enigma.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    A banana hammock for your Enigma.
    That is really funny because the material is from some sort of bra!

I really don't know (I would say it isn't) if this is necessary, but some folks have sensitive skin and it may make it more useful for someone.

Got mine in today and just set it up during work. Been wearing it for about four or five hours now and so far I'm very very impressed. Using it for my model 49 in a city special. I can't get this thing to print if I try. I haven't even played around with the adjustments yet. I dont know if i even need to.
    Last edited by snow white; 01-28-2021 at 08:22 PM.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I’ve been running one for several weeks now. I have had one issue with it; the belt rides up in the rear. It’s not always but sometimes it rides up several inches. I stopped wearing synthetic undershirts and that seemed to help.

In terms of printing it absolutely disappears the gun even when wearing jeans. I have been carrying the 365xl with the enigma. I was only carrying the 365 with a belt. The comfort level exceeds normal carry methods on the belt line. If I can figure out the belt riding up issue I don’t see myself ever wearing on a belt again.

This set up seems to work the best Name:  162927EA-A6EC-4154-8162-297FECCF6AA8.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  53.9 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    That is really funny because the material is from some sort of bra!

I really don't know (I would say it isn't) if this is necessary, but some folks have sensitive skin and it may make it more useful for someone.
    I'd be lying if I told you I haven't been slightly concerned about wearing a webbing jock strap holster. I'm on the Enigma wait list, but I'll be damned if I'm buying underwear for a holster. If I'm not tough enough, somebody here will end up with mine.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

User Tag List