Page 16 of 73 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Some of us are in that second queue, still awaiting our first Phlster Enigma.

I did finally manage to acquire a J-Frame Phlster City Special, which has been another long-term out-of-stock unicorn, by finding one pre-owned, at that evil bay place.
    About their emails. I was on the wait list for a City Special and finally got an email with a link. The link was non-functional. After I emailed, they fixed the link and I was able to order. When it arrived, it had some obvious differences. At some point during the emails, they put the new, improved City Special on their site. It's supposed to work better with the Enigma, which I don't have.

My take from all of this is that their site/emails could be a lot better.
    Last edited by Hambo; 01-27-2021 at 08:43 AM. Reason: English...do you speak it?
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    About their emails. I was on the wait list for a City Special and finally got an email with a link. The link was non-functional. After I emailed, they fixed the link and I was able to order. When it arrived, it had some obvious differences. At some point during the emails, they put the new, improved City Special on their site. It's supposed to work better with the Enigma, which I don't have.

My take from all of this is that their site/emails could be a lot better.
    Hey on a side note, the new city special. Are those closed or open bottom, ie would a 3 inch lcr fit with some barrel poking out the bottom?

Thanks, Jason

I never got an email stating that my order was received, but I did get an email saying my order was shipped. I am pretty excited to get this. I have been an early adapter of a lot of PHLsters stuff and I liked it all.

I ordered last night, after seeing they were available here, and it shipped this morning. Doesn’t get better than that!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I guess that it is the proper fan-boy thing to publicly state that I got my shipping notification today, too, after ordering yesterday. I signed up for tracking updates, via the USPS. Gotta say it here, on P-F, as I do not use the book that zucks.

One downer, is that I think the City Special I have is probably version 1, so not as readily Enigmable. (I got my City SPecial pre-owned, during the long drought when Phlster was showing the J-Frame version to be out-of-stock.) I would probably want to carry something bigger than a J-Snub, with the Enigma rig, anyway, but my wife would probably want to try the Enigma with a J-Snub.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Ndbbm View Post
    Hey on a side note, the new city special. Are those closed or open bottom, ie would a 3 inch lcr fit with some barrel poking out the bottom?

Thanks, Jason
    Mine is for a J-frame, and it's closed at the bottom. Looks like the LCR is the same.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...olver-holster/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Mine is for a J-frame, and it's closed at the bottom. Looks like the LCR is the same.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...olver-holster/
    Thanks

Jason

Since the QR links in the package are either dead or lead to adjustment instructions, is there a manufacturer's link to how to set this thing up? Like where to place those spacers, etc? Sorry, I am not too bright. I've been looking at the buckle for 20 min and still don't understand how it connects to both pieces.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Since the QR links in the package are either dead or lead to adjustment instructions, is there a manufacturer's link to how to set this thing up? Like where to place those spacers, etc? Sorry, I am not too bright. I've been looking at the buckle for 20 min and still don't understand how it connects to both pieces.

@CleverNickname, thank you, saved me some time.

I've been effing around with this thing for a 3 hours now. As a disclaimer, I have very high concealment requirements. I first tried a G26 in a Dark Star Orion holster. I may have sat it too high on my waist so it could've been done better but the overall bulk was excessive. I then tried a G43X with a 507. I don't have a winged holster for it so I ordered a Phlster Pro together with the Enigma. This holster is a reversible design with ambi tuck-in integral muzzle level pads and therefore is considerably bulkier than a G43x AIWB righ can be made. Even with that I was able to conceal this gun very well. It basically gives me an option of much slimmer top garments. Haven't tried to tuck the shirt in. I'll probably get a JMCK or Mastermind rig, if that gets back in stock, instead for overall slimmer package but, overall, so far so good.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List