Page 10 of 73 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great post.

I think I recall a video indicating the Enigma was targeted for Appendix carry. I’m wondering whether it will work in less than AIWB ish positions, or is it really only an AIWB design.
    Im still getting mine dialed in. I am not an expert. The only issue I would see would be that the flat piece may not curve enough to round your hip.

I’ve had mine since a little after Thanksgiving. In sweats pants I love it. Any gun I want to carry I can. No belt necessary. Sig P226? No problem. It also conceals extremely well with a tucked in shirt. And I’ve tried a lot of options in they regard. So far my favorite Gun to carry with Enigma has been my 365 in a phlster classic. My only issue so far has been when wear dress pants or jeans there is a ton of pressure put on the holster. Between the holster and chassis there just a lot up there. I think going up a pant size would fix this, but I’d prefer not so that. In sweats this is not an issue. I have tried using a VG2. Not having the extra length and bulk made it 100x more comfortable. I don’t recommend people carry this way from a reholster and potential retention issues but it proved to me that less holster will help. It appears most people are not having this issue. So I’ll have to keep messing around with it.

Overall I love it though. Tux (no belt option), sweat pants, and deep concealment this thing shines. I think for normal belt carry I won’t be changing.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by xmanhockey7 View Post
    I’ve had mine since a little after Thanksgiving. In sweats pants I love it. Any gun I want to carry I can. No belt necessary. Sig P226? No problem. It also conceals extremely well with a tucked in shirt. And I’ve tried a lot of options in they regard. So far my favorite Gun to carry with Enigma has been my 365 in a phlster classic. My only issue so far has been when wear dress pants or jeans there is a ton of pressure put on the holster. Between the holster and chassis there just a lot up there. I think going up a pant size would fix this, but I’d prefer not so that. In sweats this is not an issue. I have tried using a VG2. Not having the extra length and bulk made it 100x more comfortable. I don’t recommend people carry this way from a reholster and potential retention issues but it proved to me that less holster will help. It appears most people are not having this issue. So I’ll have to keep messing around with it.

Overall I love it though. Tux (no belt option), sweat pants, and deep concealment this thing shines. I think for normal belt carry I won’t be changing.
    Did you carry AIWB or IWB in your jeans or dress pants before you got the enigma?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Back in stock as of this writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Back in stock as of this writing.
    And, “out of stock,” as I type this. That quickly.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Missed the first wave, but successfully got one ordered yesterday, interested to try it.
    If it works with beltless bottoms like sweat pants and shorts, it'll fill an important niche for me.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Any fat guys using this yet?

I didn’t even get an email this go-around...

Got an email yesterday, had one ordered 5 minutes later.

My normal carry is an AIWB G19, with an AIWB spare mag on the other side. The Enigma doesn't have a place for a mag carrier, so what are you guys doing, just throwing a spare magazine in your pocket? Not carrying a spare?

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Got an email yesterday, had one ordered 5 minutes later.

My normal carry is an AIWB G19, with an AIWB spare mag on the other side. The Enigma doesn't have a place for a mag carrier, so what are you guys doing, just throwing a spare magazine in your pocket? Not carrying a spare?

I have the buckle on the right side instead of the left (I'm a righty) and put a Snake Eater Tactical burro pouch for a spare mag.

User Tag List