Page 62 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Does this system allow you guys to move the pistol around when driving so as to not have the pistol pinned under seat belt? This is actually my biggest reason for not doing AIWB exclusively is most of my carry revolves around trips in the car and I've seen the horrible results of getting in accidents carrying AIWB when the seat belt puts force over the surface area of the pistol in your abdomen... it's not pretty and things get crushed massively. The seatbelt is designed to load your hips exclusively, AIWB defeats this design feature sadly. AIWB can be carried in car but it shouldn't be in practice unless you can get the weapon clear of the seat belt and keep the lap belt on the hips.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Does this system allow you guys to move the pistol around when driving so as to not have the pistol pinned under seat belt? This is actually my biggest reason for not doing AIWB exclusively is most of my carry revolves around trips in the car and I've seen the horrible results of getting in accidents carrying AIWB when the seat belt puts force over the surface area of the pistol in your abdomen... it's not pretty and things get crushed massively. The seatbelt is designed to load your hips exclusively, AIWB defeats this design feature sadly. AIWB can be carried in car but it shouldn't be in practice unless you can get the weapon clear of the seat belt and keep the lap belt on the hips.
    This is the first I have heard that AIWB can be detrimental in a vehicle accident. Can you please provide some additional information on these incidents?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    This is the first I have heard that AIWB can be detrimental in a vehicle accident. Can you please provide some additional information on these incidents?
    I no longer can find the source of documentation I had, so it's not something I can share ATM. That said, you can verify seatbelts must only contact the hip bone to avoid injury quite easily.

I'm pretty sure someone on this forum who got into a car accident while carrying AIWB. I don't remember him having any internal injuries, just some bruised ribs maybe?

There is a little information near the end of this article discussing potential injuries.

https://www.activeresponsetraining.n...appendix-carry
    You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequence of your choice.

I was finally able to land an enigma! A local guy at my range was shooting from one and wound up having a spare to sell. It came with some aftermarket thigh strap that was mentioned earlier in this thread I think but I forget the name.

I’ve been trying it out for a week and the thigh strap keeps falling down off the my thigh and then creating an annoyance as it keeps me from extending my leg properly when walking.

I’ve tried different tightness and height adjustments but havnt figured out what works yet. The main problem is that it’s a massive pain in the dick to adjust the leg strap. So if I want to try making it slightly tighter, I waste 5 minutes on that task because the strap loops through various things and isn’t a single adjustment point. I have to undo girth hitches or whatever that knot is called.

Anyone have advice on how the leg strap should be adjusted? Or if it’s really even needed if the waist strap is tight enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I was finally able to land an enigma! A local guy at my range was shooting from one and wound up having a spare to sell. It came with some aftermarket thigh strap that was mentioned earlier in this thread I think but I forget the name.

I’ve been trying it out for a week and the thigh strap keeps falling down off the my thigh and then creating an annoyance as it keeps me from extending my leg properly when walking.

I’ve tried different tightness and height adjustments but havnt figured out what works yet. The main problem is that it’s a massive pain in the dick to adjust the leg strap. So if I want to try making it slightly tighter, I waste 5 minutes on that task because the strap loops through various things and isn’t a single adjustment point. I have to undo girth hitches or whatever that knot is called.

Anyone have advice on how the leg strap should be adjusted? Or if it’s really even needed if the waist strap is tight enough?
    I had some issues with the same falling and then restricting forward leg movement initially. I kept adjusting and found that higher worked better with it falling in the natural crease of my leg and holding high on the inside thigh where the leg gets slightly narrower. I use the original early leg leash and haven't had issues since figuring it out. The Mule strap is wider if that is what you have so there may be different help. Join the FB PHilster enigma group for all the help you could need and pictures or video for better clarity.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

You may need to try it under your legs to the back of the belt.
    I grabbed a picture from the facebook group.
    --Jason--

Enigma Express, With Holster Pre-Attached

Phlster sent an e-mail, regarding the new option of ordering an Enigma with a City Special or Skeleton holster already attached.

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...select-holster

In-stock, at the time I am typing this, 0938 Central Daylight Time.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Any recommendations for holster shell for P320c/TLR7A? Henry's doesn't do Sig light bearing, JM doesn't do Enigma shells with lights. Closest I've gotten is ANR Appendix Light Bearing, then taking off the belt attachment. Anyone have better ideas?
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

User Tag List