Page 33 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

I didn’t see the new holster on their website, hopefully soon.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

@GJM - give it a few more days, Jon's been working hard on the update of his Skeleton, and they should be up soon for purchase. I for one really love what the revision brings to the table.

@Caballoflaco - a buckle-selector\kit-builder is somewhere beyond the horizon, but it's on the roadmap. Just gotta dig our way out of the current state of demand.

We explored vertical-slits and arc-slits to expand the ride-height range as well as adjusting cant variance through the holster\faceplate interface; but the second-order effects kiboshed the idea. We then consolidated on the flanking hole patterns for height and angle adjustments. A lot has to do with faceplate\wing interactions and engagement, and optimal performance for grip-tuck and grip-access were achieved through a locked-in engagement. (This then ties in with certain holsters having less available standoff between the faceplate and the frontstrap, given how the hole-pattern's displacement; but that segues into Jon updating the Skeletons in remedy.)

@Up1911Fan - a cutout there during initial production can lead to face-plate distortion\warping under significant belt-tension, and doing it post-production is generally no-bueno for the material used here.

Re: holster-length: for traditional belt-attaching AIWB carry, I'm also in the "more holster length is generally more-betterer, irrespective of slide-length" camp, caveated to the rise of the lower-body garment; but things somewhat diverge when one steps over to the deep-concealment\stand-alone realm. It's a matter of slightly different paradigms in play. Jon'll have both P365 and P365XL length holsters available soon enough.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post

Re: holster-length: for traditional belt-attaching AIWB carry, I'm also in the "more holster length is generally more-betterer, irrespective of slide-length" camp, caveated to the rise of the lower-body garment; but things somewhat diverge when one steps over to the deep-concealment\stand-alone realm. It's a matter of slightly different paradigms in play. Jon'll have both P365 and P365XL length holsters available soon enough.
    Absolutely, my Floodlight hides better and more comfortably than any other AIWB I own, including my Classics. The counter-leverage from the extra length keeps everything tight through the range of motion, and generally helps keep the muzzle pointed outboard of my body when reholstering.

I sure hope a Pro for the VP9 is in the works.... just sayin’.

Site Supporter
    Something others have probably been doing but I haven’t seen posted here:

I have the leg leash adjusted so that the buckle is on top, but biased to the inside of my thigh. When I want to take off my gun I can just reach in my pocket and unbuckle through the fabric which makes removal that much quicker. (Not that it was hard before hand)

Eta: I’ve also been using a .060 kydex holster I folded myself, and the lack of any blocking or buckles on top of the gun has made a minor, but notable difference in concealment vs the ptd loop I ran on my old rig. I think people are going to really like the slick rigs a couple of holster makers have teased.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It should. My stuff has always been based on a 3/16" rubber spacer, the rest of the market uses 1/4". The kits will have spacers to work with both. Waiting on the thinner ones to be cut for us, getting like 10,000 of them, and then some testing with other brands to confirm.

As for price, not 100% certain yet. The initial workup looks to be able $8.
    So these are still in the works? Will there be an email notification from your newsletter once they can be ordered or do I need to just check here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    So these are still in the works? Will there be an email notification from your newsletter once they can be ordered or do I need to just check here?
    They've been in the works since 2016, there was just a more of a need and more requests now. I'm hoping to have the parts my mid-week next week.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is there a solution to the belt riding up on the back?
    I'm sure there is something on the Facebook group but I'm on a hiatus
    I have found that if I drop the holster just a little and tighten the belt that it doesnt ride up as bad.

I received my Skeleton for the 365, and mounted it on an Enigma. It is a simple, cost effective, small footprint holster that plays well with the Enigma. I am not sure that it conceals that much better than, for example, a Phlster Pro for the 365/XL, but it definitely has less volume in your pants.

I also received a Floodlight IWB for the X300, and set it up for my PDP Compact and an X300. It more or less works but takes a lot of room in your pants, and I don’t see it as a regular every day EDC option for my body style. With the blocky PDP slide with the cheese grater serrations, you want to lube the slide and light up some, at least initially.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I also received a Floodlight IWB for the X300, and set it up for my PDP Compact and an X300. It more or less works but takes a lot of room in your pants, and I don’t see it as a regular every day EDC option for my body style. With the blocky PDP slide with the cheese grater serrations, you want to lube the slide and light up some, at least initially.
    This part caught my attention. Did you mount the Floodlight on an Enigma?

I have been awaiting the WML-specific-compatible version of the Enigma, to try my Floodlight with it, but if a standard Enigma will work, well, I can try it, now.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List