Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    This part caught my attention. Did you mount the Floodlight on an Enigma?

I have been awaiting the WML-specific-compatible version of the Enigma, to try my Floodlight with it.
    Big nope!
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Big nope!
    OK, that is what I thought, but, I was hopeful. Thanks.

Maybe I’ll just install my City Special onto my Enigma, in lefty configuration. (It has been years since I fired a J-Frame right-handed.) It seems a shame to waste the Enigma’s potential on a mere J-Snub. I was going to try it with my Eidolon, but even if I remember where I hid it from myself, I seem to remember it had had a sharp edge at the bottom, resulting it its being relegated to being a glorified trigger guard cover, for safer storage of a loaded weapon, rather than a carry rig.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Double-tap deleted.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter

(It has been years since I fired a J-Frame right-handed.) It seems a shame to waste the Enigma’s potential on a mere J-Snub.
    I am considering ordering an Enigma compatible holster for my model 60. As the temps heat up I may use it since I sold my 43. Then again I may continue to carry my 26 or 19 as for now they just work. I just cant help but think that once temperatures and humidity climb that I will be looking for a lighter option.

edited to add
    Of course once temps climb I do find my shirt tucked less so it may not be as much of an issue

Maybe I’ll just install my City Special onto my Enigma, in lefty configuration. (It has been years since I fired a J-Frame right-handed.) It seems a shame to waste the Enigma’s potential on a mere J-Snub. I was going to try it with my Eidolon, but even if I remember where I hid it from myself, I seem to remember it had had a sharp edge at the bottom, resulting it its being relegated to being a glorified trigger guard cover, for safer storage of a loaded weapon, rather than a carry rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I am considering ordering an Enigma compatible holster for my model 60. As the temps heat up I may use it since I sold my 43. Then again I may continue to carry my 26 or 19 as for now they just work. I just cant help but think that once temperatures and humidity climb that I will be looking for a lighter option.

edited to add
    Of course once temps climb I do find my shirt tucked less so it may not be as much of an issue
    In my case, buying my second and third SP101 revolvers, in 2002, put my J-Frames mostly out of business. By then, shooting .38 in J-Frames right-handed was really starting to hurt, as a corner, at the edge of the frame, was right at my first thumb knuckle. This is/was with “boot” type grips. Adding oversized Pachmayr grips, or other wrap-around grips, would have made a J as large as an SP101.

I’d like to try a Ruger LCR, for fit, if I can find one in stock, anywhere locally. In two weeks, when some substantial money lands in my bank account, adding an LCR, and ordering an LCR City Special, is an option.

A Floodlight will enable me to tote my railed S&W 3913 TSW, or G19x, with an X300. That is a lot of bulk to be concealing at the AIWB position, but if I go up a size or two, with my preferred trail-running shorts, and wear a loose shirt, it should conceal well enough, at least after dark, when I do most of my fitness-pace walking, in the hotter parts of the year.

I’d stand in line, in the rain, for a City Special sized to accommodate an SP101 or K-Snub.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

In my case, buying my second and third SP101 revolvers, in 2002, put my J-Frames mostly out of business. By then, shooting .38 in J-Frames right-handed was really starting to hurt, as a corner, at the edge of the frame, was right at my first thumb knuckle. This is/was with “boot” type grips. Adding oversized Pachmayr grips, or other wrap-around grips, would have made a J as large as an SP101.

I’d like to try a Ruger LCR, for fit, if I can find one in stock, anywhere locally. In two weeks, when some substantial money lands in my bank account, adding an LCR, and ordering an LCR City Special, is an option.

A Floodlight will enable me to tote my railed S&W 3913 TSW, or G19x, with an X300. That is a lot of bulk to be concealing at the AIWB position, but if I go up a size or two, with my preferred trail-running shorts, and wear a loose shirt, it should conceal well enough, at least after dark, when I do most of my fitness-pace walking, in the hotter parts of the year.

I’d stand in line, in the rain, for a City Special sized to accommodate an SP101 or K-Snub.
    I am expecting memes soon of guys with Roland Specials on their Enigmas.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hop in line, you can join the fun too!

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/shop...earing-enigma/

I don’t doubt it! I am not a big guy, so doubt I could make a Roland Special truly well-concealed. I mostly want to try my slim 3913 TSW at AIWB, and few, if any, of the top-tier Kydex benders seem to be making holsters for such a rare bird as the railed 3913 TSW. The Bawidamann Gotham and the Phlster Floodlight are what I have, on hand, for AIWB carry with an X300. (The Gotham is quite bulky!) I have never thought it worth the trouble, to routinely carry with a WML inside my britches, but I am really liking this recently-acquired 3913 TSW, it vetting is successful, whenever this darned panic-demic ends. (Until after my wife gets her second vaccination, we are both staying away from shooting ranges, and most other public places, as she has several serious co-morbidities.)

I actually have the pieces/accessories, so could make a Faux-land Special, on a G19x, though my KKM barrel and comp are for Gen3/4 slides, so that would mean using a tritium-only-triangle RMR, on a Gen4 slide, with a Gen5 slide plate. I bought this particular RMR for a specific application, on a long gun, so do not plan to actually assemble such a Faux-land combo.
    Last edited by Rex G; 03-16-2021 at 12:33 PM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Next Enigma accessory: A Sam Brown-style diagonal over-a-shoulder strap, to help support the weight of Roland and Faux-land Specials.

Maybe man-kini-style Hold-Up-Your-Enigma straps?

For women, parhaps, straps to attach the Enigma to the bra?

Don’t tread on volcanos!

As I understand it, the Floodlight uses a wing attachment with the same screw hole pattern as non-WML holsters, so you should be able to physically attach a Floodlight to a standard Enigma. It's not optimized for a light bearing holster, so it probably won't conceal well.

(Info I've gleaned from PHLster product roll out videos. I don't have any direct knowledge.)
    David S.

User Tag List