Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    The more I use it the more annoying the leg leash has become. Do you have a recommendation between the two?
    I slightly prefer the Rego Concepts because it’s a little lower profile and I like to wear it higher and tighter on my leg so the stretch works better for me. If you like to wear it a little lower or looser the Levo would probably work better since it’s quite a bit softer. I’d suggest grabbing their secondary garter too since it will prevent it from sagging in the back when worn on a looser setting.

Here's my LB Enigma set up along with my leg leash solution...

-Henry Holster Spark that I trimmed back to flush fit the KKM for just a little more room in the pants. Velcro pad built up for a bit of wedge. Changed out ModWing for a LightWing.
    -Darkstar Gear Koala and a 24rd Glock stick w/ +2 basepad. Velcro pad built up to create standoff against holster sight channel for RMR clearance... It rides like a sidecar holster without any of the negatives.
    -Mastermind Tactics tourniquet pouch with a CAT-T
    -Shoulder strap pads added to belt for comfort
    -"Leg Strap Solution"... I started with the Mule Tape leg leash from Levo Designs knowing the Phlster strap was less than ideal. While the Mule Tape Leash was an obvious improvement it was never perfect... Any time I got active it would start slipping down. The Bumster design was later released by Levo as an alternative design, running the strap from the faceplate under the crotch and to the back of the waist belt. I saw that I could easily modify my Mule Tape Leash to create the same design and it works about 1000 times better now... I don't even notice it's there and it actually keeps the holster in place much better than the leg leash ever did. The only negative of this approach is that the strap runs across the gooch so it can get a little funky on sweaty days... For now I just pop it off and hand wash it in the sink every night. I plan to make a second strap and just start tossing them in the wash.
    I highly recommend anyone struggling with the leg strap to try out some version of the Bumster idea.

Pics...

I just ran across this used Enigma + JMCK Glock 19 holster listed on Reddit in case anybody is looking to pick one up at a discount. I don’t know the seller, but they have 22 positive transactions over there which is a good sign.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GunAccessor...tm_name=iossmf

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    The frustrating thing is there’s no reason they couldn’t have people backorder it. And even not charge their credit card until it’s ready.
    This. I would even let them charge me and then ship it when it is available. I really can't believe it has gone on this long. No doubt because of COVID or the chip shortage...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I was for a while but it didn’t seem to help. I don’t have emails ring my phone 24/7, I set notifications to open the email app so I’m not bombarded by notifications all day of things like midway’s latest free shipping deal.

So by the time I see the email a few hours later, it’s out of stock. And then I have to re-add my email again to their list since it’s a one-time thing. You get one email once it’s in stock and then their program assumes you never want in stock emails again.

The frustrating thing is there’s no reason they couldn’t have people backorder it. And even not charge their credit card until it’s ready.

I don’t know Phlster personally but I do know several knifemakers and other associated custom makers who intentionally do limited release drops for marketing buzz so the whole things turns me off. People value things more when they’re artificially scarce and I’m not saying Phlster does that, but it turns me off when it happens. Enough people with BLM signs have set cities on fire and looted and terrorized drivers on roadways that when the Target cashier has a BLM face mask on, I get turned off regardless of how noble her intentions might be.

I guess I could get a whole new email account, just for Phlster stock notifications, allow that app to buzz me when it gets email and set my alarm to wake up at 4am everyday to be ready for the East-coast time drop. It just seems silly to have to go through this to buy a holster.

I should have just paid double on eBay over a year ago but I didn’t want to feed the scalpers who profit off the limited drop silliness and now it’s been out so long I feel dumb to overpay on eBay. Since either any day now he’s finally going to catch up on demand (unless he’s intentionally restricting product) or will release a V2 and I’ll feel stupid for having overpaid a scalper.
    Neither Jon nor I do backorders\preorders anymore, and that is for cause. It doesn't improve anyone's experience, and consistently worsens it for everyone.

We're not hoarding or restricting supply to increase perceived value, nor have we increased prices as is called for in your scenario; more so, it is unkind of you to imply that we are dishonestly doing so. Hundreds of Enigmas go up most every day, as quickly as they can be produced, packaged, and ready for customer shipment: the amount of work and partnerships put into scaling production is absolutely crossways to your implication of artificial scarcity. That we've put all of this effort only to be slagged by someone unwilling to so much as use an in-stock notification feature doesn't feel good, dude - especially since people whom signed up Friday evening received their notifications Monday noonish, and new stock was going up all through the weekend.

If you don't desire our product sufficient to use the waitlist and give it 72 hours, that's totally ok - but there's nothing that we can do as makers that can accommodate that level of intractability.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    This. I would even let them charge me and then ship it when it is available. I really can't believe it has gone on this long. No doubt because of COVID or the chip shortage...
    Neither Jon nor I do backorders\preorders anymore, and that is for cause. It doesn't improve anyone's experience, and consistently worsens it for everyone. Expanding on that, the moment that money has exchanged hands queries as to ETA begin, delays are easily perceived as breaches of contract and provoke additional queries as to ETA and personalized justifications, may have customers cancel and reorder the same item multiple times requiring refunding and recharging of their cards, if not prepaid will inevitably have customers elect not to pay at the conclusion of the preorder, and so forth - it alienates everyone involved from everyone else involved, and even in an absolutely on-time and on-target scenario, no one feels better for having gone that way.

The waitlist isn't perfect, but it's the most equitable option we've been able to find and implement by far - every revision or replacement to it that we've heard advocated for either loses a core quality or does not exist. Until that reality changes, the waitlist continues and we are grateful for those customers whom use it.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    the moment that money has exchanged hands queries as to ETA begin, delays are easily perceived as breaches of contract and provoke additional queries as to ETA and personalized justifications, may have customers cancel and reorder the same item multiple times requiring refunding and recharging of their cards, if not prepaid will inevitably have customers elect not to pay at the conclusion of the preorder, and so forth - it alienates everyone involved from everyone else involved, and even in an absolutely on-time and on-target scenario, no one feels better for having gone that way.

The waitlist isn't perfect, but it's the most equitable option we've been able to find and implement by far - every revision or replacement to it that we've heard advocated for either loses a core quality or does not exist. Until that reality changes, the waitlist continues and we are grateful for those customers whom use it.
    Fair enough. As I said before, I don't know anything about running a business and was not intending to say how you should run yours. It is just frustrating getting a notification and clicking on the link to find out it is not in fact in stock, which has happened at least five times so far. As fate would have it, I received another one last evening and of course they are out of stock this morning. I only check email in the morning so I guess if you are sending out the notifications in the evening I will be out of luck until you can get enough in stock to last that long.

Fair enough. As I said before, I don't know anything about running a business and was not intending to say how you should run yours. It is just frustrating getting a notification and clicking on the link to find out it is not in fact in stock, which has happened at least five times so far. As fate would have it, I received another one last evening and of course they are out of stock this morning. I only check email in the morning so I guess if you are sending out the notifications in the evening I will be out of luck until you can get enough in stock to last that long.
    Or, and this is a pretty crazy idea, you could check your email more than once a day?

The regular is back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Or, and this is a pretty crazy idea, you could check your email more than once a day?
    So I have gotten 6 notifications in the last 6 months, including one Monday and one last night. That would be a lot of extra email checking with some pretty dismal results. I know this may sound foreign to a lot of people, but I don't spend all day/night looking at my phone or computer for status updates.

I want one, but am not desperate for one. Some day maybe they will get enough from their supplier to have them in stock for more than a few hours.

So I have gotten 6 notifications in the last 6 months, including one Monday and one last night. That would be a lot of extra email checking with some pretty dismal results. I know this may sound foreign to a lot of people, but I don't spend all day/night looking at my phone or computer for status updates.

I want one, but am not desperate for one. Some day maybe they will get enough from their supplier to have them in stock for more than a few hours.
    I don’t know about you, but it takes me all of five seconds to pull my phone out of my pocket and check my email. It doesn’t seem like much of a hassle, especially if I’m waiting for/expecting an email about something I’d like to buy. Equating taking an extra five seconds a day to check email with “[spending] all day/night looking at [your] phone or computer” is a little silly.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

User Tag List