Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Blades View Post
    Are you on the email waiting list?
    I was for a while but it didn’t seem to help. I don’t have emails ring my phone 24/7, I set notifications to open the email app so I’m not bombarded by notifications all day of things like midway’s latest free shipping deal.

So by the time I see the email a few hours later, it’s out of stock. And then I have to re-add my email again to their list since it’s a one-time thing. You get one email once it’s in stock and then their program assumes you never want in stock emails again.

The frustrating thing is there’s no reason they couldn’t have people backorder it. And even not charge their credit card until it’s ready.

I don’t know Phlster personally but I do know several knifemakers and other associated custom makers who intentionally do limited release drops for marketing buzz so the whole things turns me off. People value things more when they’re artificially scarce and I’m not saying Phlster does that, but it turns me off when it happens. Enough people with BLM signs have set cities on fire and looted and terrorized drivers on roadways that when the Target cashier has a BLM face mask on, I get turned off regardless of how noble her intentions might be.

I guess I could get a whole new email account, just for Phlster stock notifications, allow that app to buzz me when it gets email and set my alarm to wake up at 4am everyday to be ready for the East-coast time drop. It just seems silly to have to go through this to buy a holster.

I should have just paid double on eBay over a year ago but I didn’t want to feed the scalpers who profit off the limited drop silliness and now it’s been out so long I feel dumb to overpay on eBay. Since either any day now he’s finally going to catch up on demand (unless he’s intentionally restricting product) or will release a V2 and I’ll feel stupid for having overpaid a scalper.

@Sanch I haven’t heard anything ever mentioned about a “V2” Enigma coming. My understanding is that Phlster will be releasing different attachment modifications and accessories but not redesigning the base product. If the e-mail notification thing doesn’t work for you, why not just keep the page open on your phone and check it a couple of times a day? It’s a pretty small time sink of a few seconds for a product you really seem to want. Eventually you’ll refresh the page and you’ll find one in stock.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    @Sanch If the e-mail notification thing doesn’t work for you, why not just keep the page open on your phone and check it a couple of times a day? It’s a pretty small time sink of a few seconds for a product you really seem to want. Eventually you’ll refresh the page and you’ll find one in stock.
    This. Both versions were available, late in the day Thursday, and were still in stock early Friday. That is a large window of time, considering that the evil-bay flippers are still buying them at MSRP, and successfully flipping them.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I was for a while but it didn’t seem to help. I don’t have emails ring my phone 24/7, I set notifications to open the email app so I’m not bombarded by notifications all day of things like midway’s latest free shipping deal.

So by the time I see the email a few hours later, it’s out of stock. And then I have to re-add my email again to their list since it’s a one-time thing. You get one email once it’s in stock and then their program assumes you never want in stock emails again.

The frustrating thing is there’s no reason they couldn’t have people backorder it. And even not charge their credit card until it’s ready.

I don’t know Phlster personally but I do know several knifemakers and other associated custom makers who intentionally do limited release drops for marketing buzz so the whole things turns me off. People value things more when they’re artificially scarce and I’m not saying Phlster does that, but it turns me off when it happens. Enough people with BLM signs have set cities on fire and looted and terrorized drivers on roadways that when the Target cashier has a BLM face mask on, I get turned off regardless of how noble her intentions might be.

I guess I could get a whole new email account, just for Phlster stock notifications, allow that app to buzz me when it gets email and set my alarm to wake up at 4am everyday to be ready for the East-coast time drop. It just seems silly to have to go through this to buy a holster.

I should have just paid double on eBay over a year ago but I didn’t want to feed the scalpers who profit off the limited drop silliness and now it’s been out so long I feel dumb to overpay on eBay. Since either any day now he’s finally going to catch up on demand (unless he’s intentionally restricting product) or will release a V2 and I’ll feel stupid for having overpaid a scalper.
    I was kinda interested in this for the last 6 months or so. I kept checking the website occasionally and it was in stock..... except the day I decided to order..... obviously. So I signed up for the email notifications and a few weeks later I got the notification. I don't know when it came in, I check my email once a day, usually in the evening. I clicked on it and ordered. Honestly I don't feel bombarded by anything since there's no law to say I have to check immediately if not sooner. Or just turn off the notifications and check occasionally.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    How are you guys getting a good grip? I can't seem to get my fingers through far enough to get a good grip. I constantly have to re adjust after drawing.Attachment 76634

Here's how far I can get my fingers in

Attachment 76636

And here's how far I need to go for a solid gripAttachment 76637

Or is this just the case of too small of a grip combined with ape knuckles
    Try loosening the claw screws and see if there is enough play in the faceplate to get a little more tilt to widen the gap between grip and plate.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Out of stock now. I guess being on the west coast time zone makes it too hard to buy one.
    I was kinda interested in this for the last 6 months or so. I kept checking the website occasionally and it was in stock..... except the day I decided to order..... obviously. So I signed up for the email notifications and a few weeks later I got the notification. I don't know when it came in, I check my email once a day, usually in the evening. I clicked on it and ordered. Honestly I don't feel bombarded by anything since there's no law to say I have to check immediately if not sooner. Or just turn off the notifications and check occasionally.

I just looked and it's showing in stock.
    --Jason--

With jeans on its almost impossible to use one hand to lift the shirt and the other to draw. It can be done but not in any kind of timely manner or proper grip.

I'm going to try to move the holster from claw to the faceplate screws to see if it gets any better.

Another problem I noticed is that the side leg attachment lasso thing keeps sliding down no matter how much I tighten it. And nothing seems to change if I remove it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong

Attached Images Attached Images  

With jeans on its almost impossible to use one hand to lift the shirt and the other to draw. It can be done but not in any kind of timely manner or proper grip.

I'm going to try to move the holster from claw to the faceplate screws to see if it gets any better.

You need to move your holster higher or lower, so it is behind your belt or above it. Right now the belt is in the way.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Another problem I noticed is that the side leg attachment lasso thing keeps sliding down no matter how much I tighten it. And nothing seems to change if I remove it. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong
    Nope, the included leg leash is awful. Check out the one from Levo Designs or Rego Concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Nope, the included leg leash is awful. Check out the one from Levo Designs or Rego Concepts.
    The more I use it the more annoying the leg leash has become. Do you have a recommendation between the two?

User Tag List