Page 64 of 73 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by 4RNR View Post
    Whats the padded belt and tan loop?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    That's the Sport Belt option from Phlster with a shortened (by my wife) shoulder strap pad I bought from Amazon that is attached to the unpadded strap section on the grip side.

lanhe tactical Removable Shoulder... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RGQ99KS...p_mob_ap_share

I'm not sure what you mean by the "tan loop"? There's an aluminum tri-glide buckle behind the added on strap pad... Maybe that's what you mean?

I’ve been carrying a dotted Glock 45 in an Enigma with great results.

Has anyone tried carrying an all steel 1911? Lately, I’ve fallen back in love with my stainless Sokol, and ordered an Enigma shell from Tony this week. Would appreciate any thoughts while I wait for the Kydex to arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post

Has anyone tried carrying an all steel 1911? Lately, I’ve fallen back in love with my stainless Sokol, and ordered an Enigma shell from Tony this week. Would appreciate any thoughts while I wait for the Kydex to arrive.
    There's guys on the FB page that carry 2011's in their Enigma, so yeah, it can definitely be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post

I’ll carry my full size 1911 in the LBE. I love it. Daily carry? I’m too lazy to carry that much gun, but if I want to carry that gun in sweat pants I can.

I still can’t figure out how to adjust the leg strap to avoid it sagging down. I don’t Facebook so the user group is inaccessible to me.

Biggest issue is when I walk around town, if I jog to catch a cross light before it turns red, or if I’m walking up stairs, the leg strap slowly sags down until it’s completely flopping around my thigh at a lower level/angle. And as I walk, impedes my steps because the sagging strap acts to prevent my strap-leg from moving forward ahead.

If I tighten the strap or move it higher, I notice it, and it causes noticeable pressure.

I feel like I get it adjusted right sometimes, like within a very narrow range of 1/4” and maybe I lose or gain a few pounds over a month and then it’s the wrong size again. And since the leg strap adjustment requires I undo the entire leg strap from the hitch knot, and since testing the new length requires I re-do the hitch knot again, it becomes a massive hassle and I’m really disliking the enigma. Although the potential is fantastic and I’m sure if I could figure out the adjustment, I would adore this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I still can’t figure out how to adjust the leg strap to avoid it sagging down. I don’t Facebook so the user group is inaccessible to me.

Biggest issue is when I walk around town, if I jog to catch a cross light before it turns red, or if I’m walking up stairs, the leg strap slowly sags down until it’s completely flopping around my thigh at a lower level/angle. And as I walk, impedes my steps because the sagging strap acts to prevent my strap-leg from moving forward ahead.

If I tighten the strap or move it higher, I notice it, and it causes noticeable pressure.

I feel like I get it adjusted right sometimes, like within a very narrow range of 1/4” and maybe I lose or gain a few pounds over a month and then it’s the wrong size again. And since the leg strap adjustment requires I undo the entire leg strap from the hitch knot, and since testing the new length requires I re-do the hitch knot again, it becomes a massive hassle and I’m really disliking the enigma. Although the potential is fantastic and I’m sure if I could figure out the adjustment, I would adore this thing.
    https://www.phlsterholsters.com/what...gma-leg-leash/

and

https://www.phlsterholsters.com/enig...nd-the-basics/

Pretty much where I'm at, Facebook and all.

Yes there are aftermarket leashes but I'm really not the type to play parts compatibility. It's just burning money. I may come back to it later but probably not. Just cut my loses and do what I've been doing

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

I had the same issues and also the clip kept coming undone. I have seen it has been redesigned.

Look at post 618 by blades. He routes it through the enigma and that seems to work for me. I still find the Enigma not comfortable as my normal belt holsters with all the sharp edges and the belt buckle.

Does anyone remember or have the link of the aftermarket covers or whatever for the enigma?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I had the same issues and also the clip kept coming undone. I have seen it has been redesigned.

Look at post 618 by blades. He routes it through the enigma and that seems to work for me. I still find the Enigma not comfortable as my normal belt holsters with all the sharp edges and the belt buckle.

Does anyone remember or have the link of the aftermarket covers or whatever for the enigma?
    https://www.levodesigns.com/shop/

I don't find weight gain/loss is too much of an issue. I do find that it does't take much to move the slider and extend up the leg leash.

One of things that helped for me was tying an overhand knot in the leash on the double string part near the slider to prevent it from lengthening. This has almost eliminated the problem for me.
    David S.

User Tag List