Page 9 of 73 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I did try to buy this item, through the notification link. I did learn about e-mail notification here, in this discussion. I have not bought this product, but it was not for lack of effort.

P-F is as “social media” media as I get. I will, therefore, feel compelled to say something, when I see a P-F member saying that Phlster should confine their customer interaction to the zucker media universe.

I too had "tuned in" to trying to order a PHLster Enigma ASAP, getting on their email notification list, and checking and re-checking their website and links on Black Friday, but was excluded.

Are those who "signed up" for one via that email list going to be notified when more do become available?

Any idea how soon that will be?
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

My understanding is that if you missed out on the first drop, the next one will be in mid-December.

If you were on the first email list, you'll need to sign up again. I *think*, not certain, that for this second drop, email notifications will go out in the order that people signed up on the list. I hope to get in on the second drop, but if it doesn't happen, I'll wait and try again. Soon enough, it'll happen.
    Per the PF Code of Conduct, I have a commercial interest in the StreakTM product as sold by Ammo, Inc.

I get that they probably wanted to get “anticipation” up or whatever with the drop of it, but why not just do a pre-order and then increase the volume by 20,30,50% for stock?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I get that they probably wanted to get “anticipation” up or whatever with the drop of it, but why not just do a pre-order and then increase the volume by 20,30,50% for stock?
    Pre-orders usually create a metric shit-ton of butthurt. The maker has to guesstimate when the product will be ready and then take advanced orders at a selected time. And then the inevitable delays and fuck-ups happen along the supply chain that are out of the makers control but he still takes the blame for them. Along with needing to keep track of who ordered what when the items are finally ready to ship. It's a potential customer service clusterfuck that can really damage a maker's reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    The owner mentioned on IG they intend to avoid preorders due to the discomfort of taking money for a product whose production line and equipment isn’t even fully installed yet.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Got our two Enigmas and two Glock Pro holsters today. Initial thoughts/impressions:

1) I like it a lot, it's a lot more comfortable than the Dene Adams Phantom 360. I never found the giant piece of spandex around my waist that comfortable. It conceals very very well, and is pretty comfortable. The material of the strap feels like a Magpul sling or high end NATO strap or a seatbelt. I currently have my G19.4 in it with a Snake Eater Tactical Burro pouch for a spare mag. It's only been a couple hrs so we'll see how much I like it after a few days.

2) The leg leash is a lot more comfortable than I thought it would. I currently have it an inch or two below the top of my bicep femoris. Word to the wise, DO NOT HAVE IT ALL THE WAY UP, YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY THE FIRST TIME YOU UNHOLSTER.

3) Once you have it set up, you have to consistently put it in the same spot on the X and Y axis, or the leash will be too tight or too loose.

4) You should set aside at least an hour to set it up. I'm a little spoiled because I usually carry in a Tenicor Velo 4, and they're basically plug and play for me. There are a lot of variables to mess around with.

5) I don't think i'll be using it for running. From my experience with running gear, it's going to start to chafe between miles 3 and 4 and make me crazy.

We're still messing with my wife's setup. The first time she tried it on it made a noticeable junk bump, which she made abundantly clear is not desirable. I think that might have to do with the muzzle bulge of the PHLSTER Pro holster.

Quote Originally Posted by DougNg View Post
    Got our two Enigmas and two Glock Pro holsters today. Initial thoughts/impressions:

1) I like it a lot, it's a lot more comfortable than the Dene Adams Phantom 360. I never found the giant piece of spandex around my waist that comfortable. It conceals very very well, and is pretty comfortable. The material of the strap feels like a Magpul sling or high end NATO strap or a seatbelt. I currently have my G19.4 in it with a Snake Eater Tactical Burro pouch for a spare mag. It's only been a couple hrs so we'll see how much I like it after a few days.

2) The leg leash is a lot more comfortable than I thought it would. I currently have it an inch or two below the top of my bicep femoris. Word to the wise, DO NOT HAVE IT ALL THE WAY UP, YOU WILL BE VERY SORRY THE FIRST TIME YOU UNHOLSTER.

3) Once you have it set up, you have to consistently put it in the same spot on the X and Y axis, or the leash will be too tight or too loose.

4) You should set aside at least an hour to set it up. I'm a little spoiled because I usually carry in a Tenicor Velo 4, and they're basically plug and play for me. There are a lot of variables to mess around with.

5) I don't think i'll be using it for running. From my experience with running gear, it's going to start to chafe between miles 3 and 4 and make me crazy.

We're still messing with my wife's setup. The first time she tried it on it made a noticeable junk bump, which she made abundantly clear is not desirable. I think that might have to do with the muzzle bulge of the PHLSTER Pro holster.
    Great post.

I think I recall a video indicating the Enigma was targeted for Appendix carry. I’m wondering whether it will work in less than AIWB ish positions, or is it really only an AIWB design.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great post.

I think I recall a video indicating the Enigma was targeted for Appendix carry. I’m wondering whether it will work in less than AIWB ish positions, or is it really only an AIWB design.
    I don't see why not, cant/rotation/tilt are all things that apply to 3 o'clock carry too. You might have to move the leash to the other slot though. I'd try it out and report out, but I don't have any compatible holsters that would work.

Also: my daughter in law has nicknamed this thing the "murder girdle." I thought that was pretty clever.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Great post.

If you're a skinny person, probably it won't do very well anywhere but AIWB. If you've got a bit of tactical flotation device like me, it actually works reasonably well as a strong-side rig. It all depends on how much curve it requires from the plate.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Site Supporter
    I've been using for a couple days, not 100% dialed in, but probably about 85% of the way there. My first day with it was on a hillside covered in snow, clipped into a rope. I was rappelling with a chainsaw doing invasive species suppression.

Here's what I wrote down as my thoughts:

Trying out the enigma on its maiden voyage today, with a steel commander 1911. Very comfortable, and more concealable. Same JMCustom holster I've been using.
    Still fits those bills with duck canvas insulated bibs/vest,balaclava, gloves and helmet.
    Still fits those bills with a climbing harness on, on a steep hill in the snow running a chain saw.
    Still fits those bills and retention was exactly what you would expect when I slipped and took a nice swing/fall with my kidney landing on the chainsaw housing (small trim saw, engine off).

User Tag List