Page 27 of 73 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    Question for the people who have an enigma already. Has anybody noticed the magnetic buckle trying to grab onto metal, for example if your working on a car, or leaning over into a truck bed and have your body in contact with the sheet metal car body?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Question for the people who have an enigma already. Has anybody noticed the magnetic buckle trying to grab onto metal, for example if your working on a car, or leaning over into a truck bed and have your body in contact with the sheet metal car body?
    Personally no, or at least not yet, while the Fidlock buckle is fastened, that is, while the Enigma is being worn.

Otherwise, yes. The buckle will definitely be attracted to any ferromagnetic metal.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Star Gear View Post
    We have a spacer kit available on request to convert our holsters to fixed. They will be workable with many others too, just refining some sizing to get a useful range of feel adjustment.
    Is this necessary to use one of your AIWB holsters at all or just an improvement? I'm not understanding what the problem is exactly, I've just received an Enigma and didn't even think about this issue until I read it. Wondering if I should even bother trying to assemble this without the spacer kit you mention. Thanks.

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Is this necessary to use one of your AIWB holsters at all or just an improvement? I'm not understanding what the problem is exactly, I've just received an Enigma and didn't even think about this issue until I read it. Wondering if I should even bother trying to assemble this without the spacer kit you mention. Thanks.
    Try it out and see if you find any issues with how you've set it up. Swapping later is the easy part.

The faceplate needs some clamp force to stay put, rubber spacers don't allow for much clamp force to develop. For some it's the end of the world, others can't believe there's an issue in the first place.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Site Supporter
    Ordered one tonight, and added the buckle delete option to play with since I’m a skinny lad.

ETA: that’s a hint for those following this thread looking to buy one.
    Last edited by Caballoflaco; 02-16-2021 at 08:31 PM.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I did a "work out" with my enigma and SIRT gun today. The plan was to wear regular clothing to see how our EDC gear worked while doing some "strenuous" movements. I wore Altma OTB hightops, Origin jeans, a undershirt (It keeps the enigma belt off of my baby soft skin) and a light (almost t-shirt weight) hoodie from GoRuck.

The workout was 10 rounds of 3 pull-up, drop to the ground and do 10 push-ups hop over a plyobox do a burpee, draw engage 2 targets with two shots, do a reload on the move to the plyobox and then engage another target. I was able to move with no issues and did not have any retention issues. The holster was an older V-Development group AIWB holster.

There were two of us and my training partner had his pistol fall out of his standard AIWB holster on one of the rounds.

I held my reload in a DSG Koala and it was at the 1130-1200 and the gun was at 1230-1300 position.

I was very happy with the holster and the other gear. I want to come up with a way to mount the Koala to the enigma instead of my belt, but it will work like this. The main reason I want to mount it to the enigma is it difficult to take a leak with the Koala mounted where it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Ordered one tonight, and added the buckle delete option to play with since I’m a skinny lad.

ETA: that’s a hint for those following this thread looking to buy one.
    Thanks for the tip. I got my order in.

Do others wish holsters mounted just a tad higher, so there is less contact between your knuckle and the Enigma when drawing?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Do others wish holsters mounted just a tad higher, so there is less contact between your knuckle and the Enigma when drawing?

This is the biggest complaint my wife has with hers, G26.4 if that matters. She asked me if I could make new holes to move it. I haven't looked to see if this is doable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yes, absolutely. It's a knuckle shredder which makes it tough to do much extended draw practice without taping or bandaging up.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

User Tag List