Page 14 of 73 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    I'm happy with my Enigma and PRO G43 combination.

Previously my NPE carry was a Smartcarry in "reverse" with an attached Kydex shell. It was definitely a compromise; it favored concealment over the ability to get a good initial grip. It had to ride significantly lower than my belt line.

The Enigma allows me to have a consistent ride height nearer to to the belt line which is a good balance between access and NPE concealment. The leg lanyard keeps holster from flopping out during the draw which was a common issue I had with the Smartcarry setup.

The ride height your pic displays (or just a smidge higher) is exactly how I've set up not only the Enigma, but also my daily AIWB rigs for belt mounting on Mastermind's belts, using long (Model 8 HLR DC) clips and custom modifications of JMCK and other holsters.

With either elasticized beltless pants/shorts or loosely-belted trousers, and given adequate practice, the draw is reasonably quick, and more importantly for the NPE circumstances I live in daily, it's absolutely discreet.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Yute View Post
    I'm happy with my Enigma and PRO G43 combination.

Previously my NPE carry was a Smartcarry in "reverse" with an attached Kydex shell. It was definitely a compromise; it favored concealment over the ability to get a good initial grip. It had to ride significantly lower than my belt line.

The Enigma allows me to have a consistent ride height nearer to to the belt line which is a good balance between access and NPE concealment. The leg lanyard keeps holster from flopping out during the draw which was a common issue I had with the Smartcarry setup.
    That looks great. I think a leather belt with a tradition buckle would camouflage even better. But, that’s nitpicking.

The PHLster Concealment Workshop on Facebook is a great resource. Great user interaction, lot’s of great almost real time info. Jon and Sara are super fast to respond and post tweaks and updates almost daily.
    Last edited by jeffhughes; 01-20-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Back in stock I believe. I was at least able to make a purchase on the website....never got the email notification tho...
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Back in stock I believe. I was at least able to make a purchase on the website....never got the email notification tho...
    Same. Thanks for the heads up.

Out of stock. Again.

I did NOT get an e-mail notification that any were available, but learned about it, here. I went to site, and saw that two were still available. I put them in my cart, but they were gone by the time I checked out.

What is it, with the e-mail notification not working? Nothing from Phlster in my junk folder, either.

Edited to add: When I signed-up to be put back on the e-mail notification list, after the failed attempt to buy, the site said that I was already on the wait-list. So, the site was listing Enigmas for sale, to anyone, without my having been notified, in spite of having already been on the wait-list. This is not a best way to win friends and run a business.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-22-2021 at 07:24 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Out of stock. Again.

I did NOT get an e-mail notification that any were available, but learned about it, here. I went to site, and saw that two were still available. I put them in my cart, but they were gone by the time I checked out.

What is it, with the e-mail notification not working? Nothing from Phlster in my junk folder, either.

Edited to add: When I signed-up to be put back on the e-mail notification list, after the failed attempt to buy, the site said that I was already on the wait-list. So, the site was listing Enigmas for sale, to anyone, without my having been notified, in spite of having already been on the wait-list. This is not a best way to win friends and run a business.
    My understanding of the notification is that it's done in a first-come first serve batch release concept for the wait list, but as you pointed out that doesn't do anybody who's been waiting any good if they're free-for all on the website with no backorder option. They've got a few thousand they're putting together for the current batches, and are anticipating WML ones in Feb.

It is well worth the wait. I would recommend getting a $13 nike headband (the drifit one), cutting the ends off, and threading the belt through that. It makes the belt portion way more comfortable for me.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Out of stock. Again.

My understanding is that they’re only emailing the same number of people as they have enigmas to sell. They have also asked on their social media for people to most post publicly when they get a notification so that everyone on the list gets a chance to buy. I agree that it would be best if they weren’t listed publicly for sale to avoid the problem you had, but all things aside I do think they’re doing an honest job of attempting to provide a sought after product in a fair fashion while they get production ramped up.

I’m also on the wait list, but did not receive an e-mail. I waited a while to sign up, so I imagine I’ll have to wait a bit longer. On the plus side I don’t foresee it being a 2 year wait like for a bespoke leather holster from a small shop.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    My understanding is that they’re only emailing the same number of people as they have enigmas to sell. They have also asked on their social media for people to most post publicly when they get a notification so that everyone on the list gets a chance to buy.
    Oops. If I had known I wouldn't have posted. I dont have the books or the gramz
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    I missed it by that much
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I missed it by that much
    Bummer, I was just dicking off at work and browsing phlsters website when I stumbled into them. Total dumb luck. If it will make you feel better I will post some bathrobe carry pics when I get it in.

Infact I will post bathrobe carry pics if it will make you feel better or not.

User Tag List