Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    I haven’t found any reason not to run it this way- the Enigma belt stabilizes the thing vertically well enough that there’s no need for the leg leash- but am I missing something here?
    Try drawing from some unconventional positions, particularly laying on your back which tends to shrink your abdomen and loosens the belt tension... You will probably notice why the leg leash is considered important.

I can see that being an issue with a stiffer-retention holster, and understand your point, but the Floodlight isn’t one of those. The Enigma plate properly tensions the holster so the pistol’s not too loose, but it’s also not really super-hard-locked in there.

Of course we can also come up with situations where AIWB in and of itself would be a bad choice- say, a 470 lb Samoan knocks you down from behind and sits on your back so you’re on the ground face-down- but I have a clinch pick for that (hopefully, unlikely) scenario.

Additional update after a range trip: While it works fine with a button-down shirt, it’s a no-go with a Arcteryx sun hoodie. Snags on the dingus for the thigh strap.

Experiment over.

Not sure if this has been posted here or not but this video from Demonstrated Concepts convinced me to pick up an Enigma.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

I was out and about today with my beast, and we stopped at a local trail. I usually do a ruck when we stop, but I was wearing barefoot shoes and I usually like to ruck in thicker soled shoes. I decided to do a run/walk with the beast. The trail was around 3.5 miles, and I walked about 50% of it.

I had my enigma and my G19 with 507 holosun. No issues at all.

I’ve been checking every few months to see if it’s in stock since I don’t have the patience for limited edition time-released drops that sell out in under a minute. Still looks unobtainable.

At this point, I would assume a version 2 is coming and I should just wait for that. And probably just expect to pay double on eBay for one rather than spend the next few years checking every months and it still not being available. I don’t want to pay double for one on eBay now since I assume a V2 is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    I’ve been checking every few months to see if it’s in stock since I don’t have the patience for limited edition time-released drops that sell out in under a minute. Still looks unobtainable.

At this point, I would assume a version 2 is coming and I should just wait for that. And probably just expect to pay double on eBay for one rather than spend the next few years checking every months and it still not being available. I don’t want to pay double for one on eBay now since I assume a V2 is coming.
    The “LB” version is in stock, as I type this.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I'm trying to like this but it's just not working for me, at least so far. And two holsters in

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post

Are you on the email waiting list?
    --Jason--

I have seen exactly zero hint of any V2 Enigma in the foreseeable future... Upgraded attachments are all Phlster has mentioned.

User Tag List