Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    Is there a solution to the belt riding up on the back?
    I'm sure there is something on the Facebook group but I'm on a hiatus

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I still haven't had a chance to mess with it, but I've come across several now that are using an Apollo.

The holes for wings can be dropped a smidge, raising things just enough. I've also got spacers in the works for packs that allow for fixed retention in adjustable retention holsters. They will work for sure in mine, thinner spacers, and I'll have thicker spacers for those that run closer to the de facto standard thickness spacers.

See above. We probably won't be making an "enigma specific" design anything, but will rather just maintain the same shells and shell approaches moving forward. There's little drawback on having unused attachment holes, but there is merit in lower wing holes, which can be done easily. That and fixed retention spacers will be the path we take, and the fixed retention stuff is a happy accident that timed out well. We've been working on fixed retention with adjustment for the snubby holsters to cover the decades of S&W revolver variances, as well as preferences in feel. The same efforts work well in life extension of auto shells as without the flex from the adjustable retention spacers, there's no fatigue and probably no cracks. We unfortunately haven't built any kind of rig to test with high cycles.

All of this is something we could handle in lower volume now upon request for members.
    When can we order a fixed retention set up?

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Is there a solution to the belt riding up on the back?
    I'm sure there is something on the Facebook group but I'm on a hiatus
    It's been my biggest issue as well. I asked early on in the FB group and the answers I got were to try tightening it and others had put something grippy on it like some sort of bra strap stuff on amazon. I tried tightening it and it helped but I still also have the issue if I go from seated to standing frequently.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Could you tell me more about the issue (re: belt riding up on back), please?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    I carry a 26 in a jmkydex 2.5 in 19 length. I carry the gun where the sights are at my belly button. I have the anchor attached as tight as I can get it just below the crease of my thigh. I wear a t shirt under the belt and tuck my shirt over it. I find that through out the day the back of the belt will ride up my back above my belt line. This is not an exposure issue due to shirt being tucked. It’s a comfort issue due to belt riding to small of back. I carry from 6am - 9/10pm.

I included as much detail as possible in case something stuck out.

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    For me the issue is worse when I wear pants with a belt but it does happen with sweatpants which is what I've been wearing 90% of the time with the enigma. Basically, the drawstring or belt holds the front of the enigma/holster/gun at the same height when I sit down. It seems that sitting causes there to be some slack in the belt, not much but just enough for the belt to be able to move up my backside. After a few times of sitting, standing, sitting, standing it move up my lower back sometimes a couple inches and the belt is above my waistline. I usually have to fix it by finding a bathroom and undoing the drawstring or belt and adjusting the enigma. Sometimes it seems I have to tighten the enigma so it may be that it's loosening.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Site Supporter
    I carry a 26 in a jmkydex 2.5 in 19 length. I carry the gun where the sights are at my belly button. I have the anchor attached as tight as I can get it just below the crease of my thigh. I wear a t shirt under the belt and tuck my shirt over it. I find that through out the day the back of the belt will ride up my back above my belt line. This is not an exposure issue due to shirt being tucked. It’s a comfort issue due to belt riding to small of back. I carry from 6am - 9/10pm.

I included as much detail as possible in case something stuck out.
    Body shape might be helpful.

On a side note mine is lost in the black hole of the USPS right now. I know using just one shipper simplifies logistics for companies, but I always pay more for fed ex or ups since my local post office has had a 25% failure rate in getting me things I’ve ordered in the 5 plus years I’ve lived here.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Body shape might be helpful.

On a side note mine is lost in the black hole of the USPS right now. I know using just one shipper simplifies logistics for companies, but I always pay more for fed ex or ups since my local post office has had a 25% failure rate in getting me things I’ve ordered in the 5 plus years I’ve lived here.
    5’7” 145 average build.

Site Supporter
    5’7” 145 average build.
    I’ll be watching to see what you come up with and let you know if I experience the same. You @JCS and I all have a similar build. @GJM have you had any problems with the belt trying to ride up in the back?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Duplicate
    Last edited by GJM; 02-20-2021 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Duplicate
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List