Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Eh, I'd say that there's a step in between belly bands and the like, and the Enigma. The Enigma is more of a developed under-belt, based on where it's worn and the role it serves.
    True. No disagreement, from me.

I tried some of the better belly bands, in the Eighties and Nineties, as such trusted writers/reviewers as Mas Ayoob deemed them to be more-or-less acceptable. None of them clicked, for me. I revisited the concept, after I retired, and my major activities became walking/running the dogs, photographing wild things, and the pursuit of groceries. Fortunately, the Enigma came along before I wasted too many resources on lesser mousetraps.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Really, the Enigma is not AIWB. It is Appendix, But, Independent Of Any Other Garment. (ABIOAOG, anyone?) .
    Yes! But what I was inferring is that I do not have many (any?) suitable AIWB holsters laying around. I did the Notify on the Phlster site, when I manage to get one I will start figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    I revisited the concept, after I retired, and my major activities became walking/running the dogs, photographing wild things, and the pursuit of groceries.
    Yeah, and after I retire in a few years I will probably spend a fair amount of time on road trips, and this could be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by BobM View Post
    Could someone expect the pistol to remain in place during an hour long yoga class?
    Now that these are out in greater numbers, does anyone have any observations on wearing one while exercising, especially with a lot of position changing?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    Guys and Gals, we are really close to getting the Enigma specific holsters finalized and up on the website, hoping by tomorrow but probably by Tuesday at the latest!
    Any word on when the Enigma will be available again? I was on the original wait list and it showed out of stock when I tried to place my order the day after I received the notification. I put myself back on the list the same day but have not received any further notifications or seen it available to order when I have checked (almost daily) the website.

Thanks
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Now that these are out in greater numbers, does anyone have any observations on wearing one while exercising, especially with a lot of position changing?
    If you go to the Phlster Concealment Workshop group on Facebook it’s full of people posting about their various experiences with the enigma, everything from running a class with it, to wearing pajamas, to running and working out. I don’t have one yet so I can’t speak from personal experience, but it does seem to do well with lots of body movement.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    Any word on when the Enigma will be available again? I was on the original wait list and it showed out of stock when I tried to place my order the day after I received the notification. I put myself back on the list the same day but have not received any further notifications or seen it available to order when I have checked (almost daily) the website.

Thanks
    Recently took a two day shotgun class with Symtac (which I learned tons from) along with driving three hours each way wearing an Enigma with Phlster Pro. No issues cropped up.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post

Thanks
    DC_P, we are only selling the Enigma specific holsters, not the Enigma's themselves. Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    It should. My stuff has always been based on a 3/16" rubber spacer, the rest of the market uses 1/4". The kits will have spacers to work with both. Waiting on the thinner ones to be cut for us, getting like 10,000 of them, and then some testing with other brands to confirm.

As for price, not 100% certain yet. The initial workup looks to be able $8.
    Sorry to bother, still interested in this but haven't seen an update here. Will there be an email alert when these go up for sale?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Sorry to bother, still interested in this but haven't seen an update here. Will there be an email alert when these go up for sale?
    Still waiting on the thin washers, the important ones for fine tuning.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

On Thursday I bent down to pick up a pen and Enigma pocked me in my dick. I decided not to share that experience on Facebook.

To me the leg strap remains the weakest part of a design. If it isn't tight, it slides down to the knee. In the above event I re-tightened it during a course of a day and must've made it too tight. It pulled the holster just a few cm down but that was enough...
    I wasn't brave enough to exercise in one before, even less brave now. Other than cinching the waist strap very tightly, there's not much that prevents it from moving.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-10-2021 at 09:16 AM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List