Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Discreet shotgun/rifle case for something that doesn’t really breakdown east...

Discreet shotgun/rifle case for something that doesn’t really breakdown easy...

Never really owned a long gun. Felt really awkward today leaving the house with the 1301 in the case it comes with. I don’t like to draw attention from neighbors and passerby walkers/drivers alerting them they hat there are guns in the house. Anyone have any good bags that look less like I’m going along a gun to the car and maybe more like I’m packing to leave my wife? lol
    Last edited by CLaw; 08-31-2019 at 07:53 AM.

I have a variation of this:
    https://www.midwayusa.com/product/939293374

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I have one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/UTG-Homeland-...gateway&sr=8-9

Works well, hold a bunch of stuff and doesn’t look exactly like a gun case.

Site Supporter
    I bought a ~$20 backpack guitar case from Amazon and used extra foam from Pelican cases to fill in the base.

How long is your 1301? What else are you transporting with it regularly (range gear/work gear)?

Take a tape measure to REI sometime and check it out, but you should be able to get a long gun to fit diagonally inside some of the larger Eagle Creek/Osprey/Noth Face/REI rolling duffel bag. I recommend the rolling ones because they have a frame that keeps the bag stiff so it won't look as odd as a soft duffel bag with a long, hard object in it. You could put the shotgun or rifle in a cheap/simple soft gun case and pack your range or work stuff on either side of the gun case.

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    I bought a ~$20 backpack guitar case from Amazon and used extra foam from Pelican cases to fill in the base.
    Similar - I use this gig bag from Guitar Center - https://www.guitarcenter.com/Musicia...tar-Gig-Bag.gc

I took some pvc foamboard to give it shape and then pelican case foam to give it 3D depth.

Easy to carry in and out of the house. One time a neighbor asked me what I played. I said, "Some cheap Chinese guitar. I'm taking lessons right now." That was the only discussion I've ever had.

Guitar case FTW.

I got rid of a guitar a while back. Kept the case, for this very reason.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaw View Post
    Never really owned a long gun. Felt really awkward today leaving the house with the 1301 in the case it comes with. I don’t like to draw attention from neighbors and passerby walkers/drivers alerting them they hat there are guns in the house. Anyone have any good bags that look less like I’m going along a gun to the car and maybe more like I’m packing to leave my wife? lol
    Can't go wrong with a Lamp Box if you want something no-profile. Toss in the 1301 with a soft case, single piece of tape closure on the top, and you could be moving or selling something:

I prefer brown paper like Steve McQueen.

I'd say discreet cases aren't, but I've carried them in and out of hotels and never had anyone question me. My Pelican case has a bunch of weird non-gun related stickers on it: sports teams, fishing gear companies, bumper stickers, whatever I've picked up free. I think it's pretty decent camo.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List