Page 39 of 73 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

No surprise, but Tony nailed it with his new slimmed down, fixed retention shell for the Enigma. You can see the knuckle clearance, which is enough I may remove my protective Velcro from the edge of the Enigma carrier!

Name:  C87E2508-3074-4C2D-9481-629E819AE806.jpg
Views: 860
Size:  44.9 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    No surprise, but Tony nailed it with his new slimmed down, fixed retention shell for the Enigma. You can see the knuckle clearance, which is enough I may remove my protective Velcro from the edge of the Enigma carrier!
    I hope JMCK will make this available to the commoners like they did the George. I have been on the Enigma wait list for a while...
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I hope JMCK will make this available to the commoners like they did the George. I have been on the Enigma wait list for a while...
    Been working on that with Tony this morning, determining the right amount of clearance so you don’t cut your knuckle on the edge of the Enigma. He is building prototypes now for the 43X/48 MOS and 365/XL for me to mount and test.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I used an original 365 long, had to drill a second hole to mount on the Enigma.
    I was going to give it a home optic's cut to match my XL 2.0 (which has 2 tension
    adjustment screws), just to give me the option to run my XL slide with 407K but,
    I'm in no rush, I'll wait and see how the test run works out.
    Certainly look's a little more roomy, a bit more ride height without raising the belt
    might be a good option as well.

Tony made me an Enigma specific holster.
    Hope so as more knuckle clearance was a design objective, along with minimal size, fixed retention, modest cost and removal of blocking related to loops and clips.
    This could be a Game Changer for the Game Changer
    I have been tracking this thread, but part of my issue would be I have not really embraced AIWB so I would be shopping for another holster to bolt to the Enigma. Does it have the little Extra Tuck bump (or whatever he calls it)?
    Name:  Bump.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  31.8 KB

This whole idea could be perfect for me, seems like I am going with my normal M&P if I am wearing a belt, but there is a lot of the time that for comfort or activity I am not, and then because of weight on the elastic waistband I go straight to the 340. Last night at the park a couple of pretty stocky dogs in a neighboring yard got a bit aggressive about a poodle being in their presence and it got me thinking two might be one too many to manage with my trusty J-frame. I have a Shield that is awesome, but since it is too heavy for the elastic it doesn't see much use. The Enigma might be the perfect rig for a long road trip as well.

ETA: I also took one of the Desantis Hot Jox (Smart Carry knock-off) and rigged it with a simple kydex holser inside the gun pocket, though I never seem to use it much, probably because I have other holsters for the J-frame.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been tracking this thread, but part of my issue would be I have not really embraced AIWB so I would be shopping for another holster to bolt to the Enigma. Does it have the little Extra Tuck bump (or whatever he calls it)?
    Name:  Bump.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  31.8 KB

This whole idea could be perfect for me, seems like I am going with my normal M&P if I am wearing a belt, but there is a lot of the time that for comfort or activity I am not, and then because of weight on the elastic waistband I go straight to the 340. Last night at the park a couple of pretty stocky dogs in a neighboring yard got a bit aggressive about a poodle being in their presence and it got me thinking two might be one too many to manage with my trusty J-frame. I have a Shield that is awesome, but since it is too heavy for the elastic it doesn't see much use. The Enigma might be the perfect rig for a long road trip as well.

ETA: I also took one of the Desantis Hot Jox (Smart Carry knock-off) and rigged it with a simple kydex holser inside the gun pocket, though I never seem to use it much, probably because I have other holsters for the J-frame.
    mmc45414, yes, it will be able to be ordered with the extra tuck.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Guys and Gals, we are really close to getting the Enigma specific holsters finalized and up on the website, hoping by tomorrow but probably by Tuesday at the latest!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I have been tracking this thread, but part of my issue would be I have not really embraced AIWB so I would be shopping for another holster to bolt to the Enigma.
    Really, the Enigma is not AIWB. It is Appendix, But, Independent Of Any Other Garment. (ABIOAOG, anyone?)

The “game changer” part, as I see it, is that the belt is independent of the rest of one’s clothing. The Enigma is, what “belly band” rigs have tried to be. I had been trying to tinker with some runner’s belts, to carry a weapon under a loose, long-tailed shirt, over trail-running shorts and such garments, and then, along comes the Enigma, which appears to be the better mousetrap; something I can wear over trail-running shorts, as well as inside all types of trousers.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Really, the Enigma is not AIWB. It is Appendix, But, Independent Of Any Other Garment. (ABIOAOG, anyone?)

The “game changer” part, as I see it, is that the belt is independent of the rest of one’s clothing. The Enigma is, what “belly band” rigs have tried to be. I had been trying to tinker with some runner’s belts, to carry a weapon under a loose, long-tailed shirt, over trail-running shorts and such garments, and then, along comes the Enigma, which appears to be the better mousetrap; something I can wear over trail-running shorts, as well as inside all types of trousers.
    Eh, I'd say that there's a step in between belly bands and the like, and the Enigma. The Enigma is more of a developed under-belt, based on where it's worn and the role it serves.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

The “game changer” part, as I see it, is that the Enigma’s integral belt is independent of the rest of one’s clothing. (It ain’t “belt-free,” as it comes with its own belt. I tried using my powers of levitation, without the supplied belt, and it fell to the floor. )

The Enigma is, what “belly band” rigs have tried to be. I had been trying to tinker with some runner’s belts, to carry a weapon under a loose, long-tailed shirt, over trail-running shorts and such garments, and then, along comes the Enigma, which appears to be the better mousetrap; something I can wear over trail-running shorts, as well as inside all types of trousers.

I have not permanently/tightly screwed my Enigma to any holster, just yet. My most-ready holster is a City Special, for a J-snub, but that is a lot of rig for such a small weapon. (I stopped willingly shooting .38 through J-snubs about 2002, preferring adult-sized SP101 and K-Frames.) One of those new Enigma-specific JMCK shells is looking really good, right now.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List