Page 63 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Any recommendations for holster shell for P320c/TLR7A? Henry's doesn't do Sig light bearing, JM doesn't do Enigma shells with lights. Closest I've gotten is ANR Appendix Light Bearing, then taking off the belt attachment. Anyone have better ideas?
    Jm does have an enigma compatible rig, you just have to check the box to add on the option to the lb 2.5 holster.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC-LB.html

Name:  Screenshot_20211127-142846_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20211127-143125_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  21.4 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Jm does have an enigma compatible rig, you just have to check the box to add on the option to the lb 2.5 holster.

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC-LB.html

Name:  Screenshot_20211127-142846_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 711
Size:  19.2 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20211127-143125_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  21.4 KB
    Thanks- I had been looking under the Enigma Shell heading, which is only non-light bearing.
    Anything I post is my opinion alone as a private citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by DpdG View Post
    Thanks- I had been looking under the Enigma Shell heading, which is only non-light bearing.
    Certainly easy to overlook!
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Well, I can report that I really do like the Enigma, rigged with a City Special. Quite comfortable, all day. I do not usually like totally-vertical for AIWB carry, because my inguinal crease is not arranged totally vertical, but the City Special, for the J-Frame, is shaped in a way that works. The Enigma is not designed to let a holster tilt the muzzle a bit toward the centerline, to match the angle of my inguinal crease, so, I thought that I would not be using an Enigma, unless I modified the rig, which Phlster does NOT recommend. Well, with a City Special, I do not need to modify anything.

Next, I will be trying to rig something with the Light-Bearing version of the Enigma, which will probably involve using a non-recommended holster, and making non-recommended holes in the holster.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Well, I can report that I really do like the Enigma, rigged with a City Special. Quite comfortable, all day. I do not usually like totally-vertical for AIWB carry, because my inguinal crease is not arranged totally vertical, but the City Special, for the J-Frame, is shaped in a way that works. The Enigma is not designed to let a holster tilt the muzzle a bit toward the centerline, to match the angle of my inguinal crease, so, I thought that I would not be using an Enigma, unless I modified the rig, which Phlster does NOT recommend. Well, with a City Special, I do not need to modify anything.

Next, I will be trying to rig something with the Light-Bearing version of the Enigma, which will probably involve using a non-recommended holster, and making non-recommended holes in the holster.
    With the LBE if the holster has slots vs just holes you can get a bit of tilt to it, as well as a bit of tilt from the faceplate belt holes.

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    With the LBE if the holster has slots vs just holes you can get a bit of tilt to it, as well as a bit of tilt from the faceplate belt holes.
    Thanks. Just eyeballing my LB Enigma, it does appear to offer more latitude, that the original Enigma, for trying some amount of tilt.

Edited to add: Actually, a significant reason I decided to acquire the LB Enigma was because the product images, on Phlster’s site, indicated that it would be the better one for trying varying tilt angles. I had hoped to use it with a Floodlight holster, but, really, at least on my body, concealing anything in the Floodlight is like trying to conceal a brick, even if we ignore the comfort factor.
    Last edited by Rex G; 12-03-2021 at 08:01 AM.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex G View Post
    Thanks. Just eyeballing my LB Enigma, it does appear to offer more latitude, that the original Enigma, for trying some amount of tilt.

Edited to add: Actually, a significant reason I decided to acquire the LB Enigma was because the product images, on Phlster’s site, indicated that it would be the better one for trying varying tilt angles. I had hoped to use it with a Floodlight holster, but, really, at least on my body, concealing anything in the Floodlight is like trying to conceal a brick, even if we ignore the comfort factor.
    You could still go with something like the Henry Holsters Spark for the G19/TLR7 and get some tilt without the full-brick experience.

@Rex G... Here is the tilt I was able to create with my Henry Holster Sparks. Both are the Spark model, just for different lights (X300 and TLR7).
    It's not a huge amount but it's noticeable when I wear it.

@Rex G... Here is the tilt I was able to create with my Henry Holster Sparks. Both are the Spark model, just for different lights (X300 and TLR7).
    Thanks for posting this. Very informative.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Whats the padded belt and tan loop?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

User Tag List