Page 26 of 73 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Supporting Business Dark Star Gear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm also using a Phlster Pro, and while I do like it more than I thought I share your concerns about the size. It is the first holster with a built in wedge that I actually like as much as using a foam pad, but the ambi stuff really annoys me. They try to spin that as such a big advantage, and even though it can be useful to have a setup for your weak hand in case of an injury or something I think the advantage is mostly on the manufacturing side and not the end user. If/when they start making holsters for the Enigma specifically, I really hope they are NOT ambi.

I wonder if @Tony Mayer or @orionz06 would be interested in making something with fixed retention specifically for this purpose.
    We have a spacer kit available on request to convert our holsters to fixed. They will be workable with many others too, just refining some sizing to get a useful range of feel adjustment.
    Dark Star Gear
    Best method to contact us is email: info@darkstargear.com

Hammertime
    Couple updates:

20 min with some fine sandpaper helped a lot with areas of belt and buckle chafing I don't think I will need the papoose thing now. Phlster would be wise to look into some sort of softer edged finish for their straps. It would definitely help. Most of my bothersome areas were on the heat sealed edges of the straps.

I have found it a lot easier to just wear the thing under undergarments. While it is more comfortable over the underwear, it is a lot more convenient for bathroom breaks if I put the Enigma on first, then underwear over. TMI?

Quote Originally Posted by Doc_Glock View Post
    I have found it a lot easier to just wear the thing under undergarments. While it is more comfortable over the underwear, it is a lot more convenient for bathroom breaks if I put the Enigma on first, then underwear over. TMI?
    I had that same thought but that pubic area is a nice place to end up with some unwanted epidermal issues that a changed-daily, cloth barrier tends to help with. I already have a rougher skin texture on my stomach from AIWB, not trying to get infected pubic hairs and such. But hey, no judgement...maybe your dermatologist is prettier than mine

A check of the website today shows that it is back in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamingo View Post
    A check of the website today shows that it is back in stock.
    Yes, in-stock, and, a Reduced-Size Buckle Kit has been added to the available accessories. “The Reduced Sized Buckle kit is an Enigma optimization for users with a sub 30 inch waist, or for those who want to reduce the span of the buckle in order to accommodate additional gear items.”

I would like to order a third Enigma, to experiment with an idea that has been rattling about, inside my head, but I am not going to immediately jump in, so as to give others a change to get their first servings.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    I'm also using a Phlster Pro, and while I do like it more than I thought I share your concerns about the size. It is the first holster with a built in wedge that I actually like as much as using a foam pad, but the ambi stuff really annoys me. They try to spin that as such a big advantage, and even though it can be useful to have a setup for your weak hand in case of an injury or something I think the advantage is mostly on the manufacturing side and not the end user. If/when they start making holsters for the Enigma specifically, I really hope they are NOT ambi.

I wonder if @Tony Mayer or @orionz06 would be interested in making something with fixed retention specifically for this purpose.
    We are definitely going to be looking into a fixed retention option specifically for the enigma. Thinking no blocking at all for belt loops so it would be fixed retention completely dedicated to the Enigma.
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    We are definitely going to be looking into a fixed retention option specifically for the enigma. Thinking no blocking at all for belt loops so it would be fixed retention completely dedicated to the Enigma.
    AWESOME!

I was definitely hoping for something with no blocking for loops/clips to take complete advantage of the system.

DSG has hard plastic washers to convert existing holsters to fixed retention.

@Dark Star Gear

Can the j-frame Apollo be made to work on the Enigma?
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    @Dark Star Gear

Can the j-frame Apollo be made to work on the Enigma?
    Pretty sure it will work as is. Lemme try it out in a bit.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

User Tag List