Page 6 of 73 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Color me intrigued but I cannot help but wonder if this is 85.00 ( min if you do not already own a compatible holster) better than just looping up my already owned holster on a MM tactics belt around the waist carrying AIWB, pulling on some elastic waisted shorts/pants and moving on out.

Alternatively, I have a couple of pair of superlight weight tennis shorts with belt loops by Puma and Adidas. They are as light or lighter than a typical gym short. Lace up the belt and I can still squat, work out, ambulate vigorously and otherwise move to my heart's content.
    For what it's worth, that very setup is something I'd played with back in 2010, on the way to this concept - and the issues of gradual shifting and reduced resistance to the drawstroke and breaking retention; are what lead to the legacy thumb-pop feature and first with reverse edged knives, the leg-leash. The integrated leg-leash and garter takes that idea of stability and consistent resistance in multiple postures further down the road.

The Enigma being priced in line with quality gunbelts, is in part a recognition of that competing approach; and I believe that it adds functional and consistency in the same over the IWB-belt method.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Color me intrigued but I cannot help but wonder if this is 85.00 ( min if you do not already own a compatible holster) better than just looping up my already owned holster on a MM tactics belt around the waist carrying AIWB, pulling on some elastic waisted shorts/pants and moving on out.

Alternatively, I have a couple of pair of superlight weight tennis shorts with belt loops by Puma and Adidas. They are as light or lighter than a typical gym short. Lace up the belt and I can still squat, work out, ambulate vigorously and otherwise move to my heart's content.
    I have to admit I questioned the same. I would have placed an order at the release of the video and will order as soon as available. The idea you mention would not leave my head. Yesterday morning I attached my JMKydex 2.0 to my wilderness 5 stitch under my pants with a shirt tucked over and went about my day. Does it work? Yes it did. My feedback is I think the enigma will be better.
    The reasons why.
    The enigma will be a set and forget with a buckle. Yesterday took awhile to find the sweet spot of height and tension. Of course as soon as I remove the belt I would have to find it again.
    The enigma leg strap I originally questioned I now see how it could prevent the holster from riding up especially on the draw.
    The enigma I believe will also be thinner and less bulky.
    I’m not saying I won’t try my set up again before the enigma arrives. I will say I swapped out to my smart carry yesterday at lunch.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    These two points are not unrelated.

On topic, I sent a link to the video to The Boss and will post her reaction.
    Showed some interest. Her question was, do we have anything that's compatible with this? I wasn't sure. We mostly have JM CK IWB3s, which as far as I know don't have the "wing claw" mentioned. So we'd probably be looking at a whole rig, harness and holster.

Has their been any discussion online about gun compatibility, vis a vis holster shells from phlster, direct?

Also,any idea when the ordering window might be open? Or for pre-orders? Be looking at a right handed harness suitable for a P365...

@runcible Jules many thanks for helping out with info in this thread. Some of us are not actively, or at all, on social media like FB or Instagram anymore, but are keenly interested in this product.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Showed some interest. Her question was, do we have anything that's compatible with this? I wasn't sure. We mostly have JM CK IWB3s, which as far as I know don't have the "wing claw" mentioned. So we'd probably be looking at a whole rig, harness and holster.

Has their been any discussion online about gun compatibility, vis a vis holster shells from phlster, direct?

Also,any idea when the ordering window might be open? Or for pre-orders? Be looking at a right handed harness suitable for a P365...

@runcible Jules many thanks for helping out with info in this thread. Some of us are not actively, or at all, on social media like FB or Instagram anymore, but are keenly interested in this product.
    Jon mentioned that it would be available for order by or on Black Friday. As for gun compatibility, any non-light-bearing holster with a standard wing should work, so PHLster Pros, DSG Orions and Hitchhikers, JMCK Wing Claws, Raven Eidolons, etc. Apparently a light-bearing-compatible version will be forthcoming too, in a few months.

Matt Haught
    SYMTAC Consulting LLC
    https://sym-tac.com

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    Jon mentioned that it would be available for order by or on Black Friday. As for gun compatibility, any non-light-bearing holster with a standard wing should work, so PHLster Pros, DSG Orions and Hitchhikers, JMCK Wing Claws, Raven Eidolons, etc. Apparently a light-bearing-compatible version will be forthcoming too, in a few months.
    Cool. Thanks. I’ll go check out the web site and see if I can get in the queue for an order. I’d just order one w a RH P365 holster, but if not am happy to get a DSG or JM CK as well.

Gotta say this thing looks pretty cool.

Site Supporter
    Does anyone know of any J-Frame holsters that will be compatible with the Enigma? I have a DSG Apollo, but it doesn’t have a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by nalesq View Post
    Does anyone know of any J-Frame holsters that will be compatible with the Enigma? I have a DSG Apollo, but it doesn’t have a wing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    The city special is for sure compatible, I believe they showed one on the video. JMCK is another safe bet, especially since they just added j frames to their quick ship list.

Name:  1986B4DD-5D43-414A-8039-AD3D4DBADEB8.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  57.1 KB
    For those that haven’t watched the video, I think the graphic shows why this is different than anything out there and the advantages over just putting a holster on a belt under your sweatpants.

Winged holsters tend to pull the slide away too much from my body so I’m excited to see if this remedies that.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Exciting. I've been using a Smartcarry with a bolted on kydex shell as my NPE carry. I was always eagerly waiting for @runcible to hit the mainstream. Looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    Name:  1986B4DD-5D43-414A-8039-AD3D4DBADEB8.jpg
Views: 817
Size:  57.1 KB
    For those that haven’t watched the video, I think the graphic shows why this is different than anything out there and the advantages over just putting a holster on a belt under your sweatpants.

Winged holsters tend to pull the slide away too much from my body so I’m excited to see if this remedies that.
    Sorry if a dumb question, but where/how does the holster mount on that harness?

User Tag List