Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 21A Bobcat Holsters

Beretta 21A Bobcat Holsters

My Dad carries a 21A Bobcat 22LR. He uses a pretty crummy IWB holster that looks like some kind of cheap soft felt with a large plastic clip. He wants to start carrying it more, but recently had the holster clip slip off and the entire pistol fall out of his waistband. So he asked me to find out about decent holster options. I mentioned that it's sized better for pocket carry, but he isn't interested in that. While he has sacrificed on the size of the gun, he doesn't want to also sacrifice on the access. He's also kind of set on IWB.

My personal criteria for any holster before I will recommend it:
    -Covers entire trigger area.
    -Material does not allow trigger to be manipulated even with firm direct pressure while holstered
    -Allows grip (or what the little bugger has for one)
    -Secure belt mount type

It's likely that he will be frequently donning and doffing, so something like ability to take a DCC clip would be a major plus.

I personally carry in a Keeper, own a JMCK, and recommend JMCK to my brother who carries an M&P in it. So something in a similar vein of quality would be ideal. So far I haven't found anything that looks like what would do well for him. I checked JMCK, Keeper, DSG, Phlster, Tenicor. Didn't find any offerings.
    For reference, my carry gun next to his:

Name:  21a and M9.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  39.6 KB

Site Supporter
    My personal experience with Aholster is limited to their pocket holster, which I currently believe to be the best pocket holster available without exception. They make an IWB holster, which I think is worth serious consideration for the intended use.

https://aholster.com/iwb-aholster/

The belt attachments include:

A belt loop, which unfortunately appears to be a rigid loop. This may or may not work well depending on the design. My experience with other rigid IWB belt loops is that they tend to crack.

A J-hook, which will likely work very well with a pistol as lightweight as a 21A. I do not like them for heavier guns because the pants waistband rather than the belt bears the weight of the gun.

An "aggressive" clip. I have no experience with this belt clip. While many here seem to like certain clips, my experiecne with belt clips in general is that they are almost always either too insecure or too secure. In the latter case, they are more difficult to put on and take off than threading a belt through belt loops, and potentially damaging to clothing and belts.

While I may seem a bit down on the belt attachments offered, my really good experience with the pocket holster leads me to believe this holster is worth a try.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

I have a 21A, so if I can get enough interest I can get a mold!!! I'm thinking confirmed 5 holsters should do it!
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    My personal experience with Aholster is limited to their pocket holster, which I currently believe to be the best pocket holster available without exception. They make an IWB holster, which I think is worth serious consideration for the intended use.

https://aholster.com/iwb-aholster/

The belt attachments include:

A belt loop, which unfortunately appears to be a rigid loop. This may or may not work well depending on the design. My experience with other rigid IWB belt loops is that they tend to crack.

A J-hook, which will likely work very well with a pistol as lightweight as a 21A. I do not like them for heavier guns because the pants waistband rather than the belt bears the weight of the gun.

An "aggressive" clip. I have no experience with this belt clip. While many here seem to like certain clips, my experiecne with belt clips in general is that they are almost always either too insecure or too secure. In the latter case, they are more difficult to put on and take off than threading a belt through belt loops, and potentially damaging to clothing and belts.

While I may seem a bit down on the belt attachments offered, my really good experience with the pocket holster leads me to believe this holster is worth a try.
    That's the closest I've seen to what I'm looking for. I have a pocket holster from them for my J frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Mayer View Post
    I have a 21A, so if I can get enough interest I can get a mold!!! I'm thinking confirmed 5 holsters should do it!
    This right here would be the ideal solution. Any idea on price per holster? I'll check with my Dad but I'm very likely in for 1. I imagine there is an increased timeline making a new mold? His reasons for suddenly carrying more often have merit.
    Last edited by Cory; 11-29-2023 at 09:24 PM.

I'll be contrarion and observe that while I used to be a dyed in the wool AHolster fan, 0 out of the last 3 pocket holsters I bought from them have fit without me taking a heat gun and quite a bit of my time to make them usable. The fact that they now have "how to heat gun your holster" videos on their webpage is NOT reassuring to me.

For pocket holsters, I'm now using Alabama holsters. They're exactly what I'm looking for in that application.

For an IWB holster for a teeny tiny pistol like the 21A, I'd go with a FIST #1K ultrathin. Adds nothing to the weight or width of the pistol, and the clip is hellastrong. Website is WONKY and out of date, best bet is to call the proprietor directly to place the order. Jim is getting up there, not sure how much longer he'll be pressing holsters for us.

Site Supporter
    I just picked up a couple holsters from you, but I could commit to one, and I don't even own one yet (I got a tomcat with the rebate, but I'm planning on getting a 21a before the end of the year on the same deal). A buddy of mine just got a 21a, and I'm sure he would commit to one as he intends to carry it on occasion.

Site Supporter
    I would commit to one, and I don't even have mine yet! I got a tomcat on the rebate, and am intending on getting a bobcat as well before the end of the year. My buddy did the same with a 21a, and I'm sure he would be interested as he intends to carry it on occasion. Would it accommodate the factory threaded barrel? That's what mine will have.

Site Supporter
    Langdon announcing their new enhanced Bobcat didn't seem to get a ton of love here but may drive some additional interest in carry options for the model overall.

The kind of buyer for a Bobcat with threaded barrel, trigger job, and cut for an optic seem to me like they would very much be the kind of buyer who would be looking for some solid kydex holster options.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I'll be contrarion and observe that while I used to be a dyed in the wool AHolster fan, 0 out of the last 3 pocket holsters I bought from them have fit without me taking a heat gun and quite a bit of my time to make them usable. The fact that they now have "how to heat gun your holster" videos on their webpage is NOT reassuring to me.

For pocket holsters, I'm now using Alabama holsters. They're exactly what I'm looking for in that application.

For an IWB holster for a teeny tiny pistol like the 21A, I'd go with a FIST #1K ultrathin. Adds nothing to the weight or width of the pistol, and the clip is hellastrong. Website is WONKY and out of date, best bet is to call the proprietor directly to place the order. Jim is getting up there, not sure how much longer he'll be pressing holsters for us.
    I just checked Alabama Holster’s website and their phone holster may cost me some $.
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post

Im waiting on a holster for my 43. This is a little discouraging.

User Tag List