Page 35 of 73 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    As I understand it, the Floodlight uses a wing attachment with the same screw hole pattern as non-WML holsters, so you should be able to physically attach a Floodlight to a standard Enigma. It's not optimized for a light bearing holster, so it probably won't conceal well.

(Info I've gleaned from PHLster product roll out videos. I don't have any direct knowledge.)
    The Modwing-L, and my Light Wing, use the standard 15mm spacing and technically the Engima will attach, but the holes that allow it to flex over the wing and apply the inward force are in different locations and it just won't play well. The light bearing Enigma will attach to the holster body and have a flexible portion that interacts and applies the inward force at the wing location on the WML holsters.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

As I understand it, the Floodlight uses a wing attachment with the same screw hole pattern as non-WML holsters, so you should be able to physically attach a Floodlight to a standard Enigma. It's not optimized for a light bearing holster, so it probably won't conceal well.

(Info I've gleaned from PHLster product roll out videos. I don't have any direct knowledge.)
    I had seen the wing, on my Floodlight, and had also read the compatibility information, and had reached the same conclusion as you. IIRC, from the Phlster site, the balance will be off, if a Floodlight is mounted on the original Enigma. So, I starting waiting for the WML-compatible Enigma.

When I saw GJM mention the Floodlight, in the Enigma discussion thread, however, it really caught my attention.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

Jon just posted this explanation on FB...

Anyone have any experience with the enigma with heavier metal guns?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Rocking a 92d with Langdon rdo slide in mine without issue. Conceals as well as when carried on a belt.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Same as above. 92 compact with SRO carries very nicely. Conceals better than belt and more comfortable. Still not as comfortable as the 365 but still very easy to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17 View Post
    Same as above. 92 compact with SRO carries very nicely. Conceals better than belt and more comfortable. Still not as comfortable as the 365 but still very easy to carry.
    Does your sro sit behind the front axl plate? I'm running a holosun and for how I'm ordering to wear it, the rds face is touching the top of the plate. I wondered about an sro as ill be grabbing one soon.

Lucky Gunner just did a review.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    Does your sro sit behind the front axl plate? I'm running a holosun and for how I'm ordering to wear it, the rds face is touching the top of the plate. I wondered about an sro as ill be grabbing one soon.
    It doesn’t touch it while idle or while moving. I swapped the Enigma over to my 365 but have another on the way I will use for the 92. When I have it I’ll post pics.

I plan to pick one of these up the next time they're in stock. Sorry if this has already been answered, but is there a good way to carry a fixed blade with this thing? I'd like to carry something like a Shivworks push dagger AIWB on my support side, but the buckle looks like it could interfere with sheath placement. Has anyone tried something like this with any success?

User Tag List