Page 71 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

I now have three, two are Expresses, for J frames and a Shield, and my first one with a JMCK shell and a sport belt. My daughter has two, J frame and Shield. It’s a niche use thing for me. I just put the J frame Express on to go to my yoga class. I’ll wear one with gym clothes around the house or walking the dog, etc.
    I think it’s an excellent option for women who carry.

Quote Originally Posted by JCS View Post
    They’ve been teasing this for awhile. I ran across it and snagged some screenshots from a FB video. This looks to be a game changer in carry gear. Can be worn with sweatpants and still gives you grip tuck and security. Attachment 63326Attachment 63327Attachment 63328
    Hmmm......looks Mid-evil.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    I have one so I can theoretically carry in scrubs, but I honestly prefer not to bring a gun to a hospital so I haven't really gotten much use out of it so far.

Site Supporter
    I still love my pair. One for my carry gun that very rarely gets used, but I wear a snub in one all the time when I'm home. Best sweatpant/boardshort option I've found.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca View Post
    Can you post a photo of how you are using thevDCC clip?
    Name:  IMG_6054.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  78.6 KB

Thank you.

Site Supporter
    I've got four Enigma that I've been running in various configurations over the last few years, so what follows is what has worked well for me. My primary usage is deep carry, and much of my experimentation is colored from taking Rhett's "Imperceptible Handgun" class last year.

- Express vs. Standard: Express is my strong preference. I've got three (LCR, 365, 365xl), and one standard. The faceplate on the standard allows for more customization, but it's got a larger footprint, isn't anymore comfortable, and conceals marginally worse than the Express for me. The Express has fewer parts and is less "fiddly." I've kept one standard around for applications/holsters where the Express isn't available, but the three Express I have see a ton more usage.

- Standard vs. Sport belt - Possibly an unpopular opinion, but I'm not a fan of the sport belt, at all. It wants to ride up on me, it's too wide to conceal well in deep carry, and the stretch makes drawing feel "squishy" to me. I run the standard belt and march on. I understand the use case for the sport belt, but they're not for me.

- Standard vs. reduced buckle - I like both. The standard is easier to take on and off and its fairly low profile in it's own right. The reduced buckle makes carrying a spare mag or fixed blade easier as they can be run closer to the midline with the reduced buckle. I have both, I use both.

- Leg leash - I prefer my leg leash in a bin, nowhere near my person. It's uncomfortable and after thousands of draws there have been exactly zero times where the holster rode up on me without one. When I get a new Enigma, the first step in me setting it up is to remove the leg leash and add it to the parts bin.

Quote Originally Posted by dontshakepandas View Post
    Name:  IMG_6054.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  78.6 KB
    Does the DCC get clipped over the waistband or over a belt? Are you running a wing-claw behind the DCC clip, hard to see in the photo.

Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by RealSelf View Post
    Does the DCC get clipped over the waistband or over a belt? Are you running a wing-claw behind the DCC clip, hard to see in the photo.
    If I’m wearing a belt it goes over the belt also. I originally intended to keep it behind the belt, but when wearing it that way I had the belt slide up and impede my draw a few times. The spacing of the belt loops on the pants could make that more or less possible.

I am running the wing claw that came with the enigma express.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Its been 9 months since an update. Is everyone still happy? Has anyone found any hacks since the last mention?

I have been running a standard enigma and a WML enigma since the start and I still have mixed feelings about it.

My general thoughts are that it needs some tweaks and aftermarket support to really dial it in.

I think the Levo designs papoose should almost be standard, the stock leg leash sucks and I got rid of them early on. I did not try Levo leg leash designs and that seems to help people. I standardized on JMCK excellent dedicated enigma shells.

User Tag List