Page 25 of 73 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Any idea on when these will actually be available to buy?
    They are actually doing a pretty good job of keeping these in stock. The week after everyone
    here complained of it being sold out in hours, I was browsing their website and it was in stock
    for about 2 days (9 available). Of course I managed to talk myself out of ordering one at that
    time, but it looks like they are restocking a bit more consistently now.
    "To achieve any significant technological breakthrough, much Derp must be endured." -Rich@CCC
    "Your shotgun is running a bit frenetic, you should add some lavender to your lubricant, that should calm it down." -Aray, Oils and Lotions SME

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    Sanch,

We're not running this as a limited edition item, and are stocking them as fast as they can be made - we're already two orders of magnitude greater in production than our initial intent, and we're still playing catch-up. We've had to tremendously realign production priorities, front-loading materials, and optimizing production; and we're still floored by the level of interest and the speed of sales.

I don't know how to best guide you, as relates to possible purchasing; but one of these days we'll clear the notification list and have a recurrent in-stock surplus. We'll get there, but I cannot speak to timelines: that's a question for the market itself.

Having previously been a maker crafting each unit by hand, in a very low-volume\slow-burn sort of pace; this is quite the contrast.
    Thanks I’ll check back in 6 months or so! Excited to try one out when no hoops are involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanch View Post
    Any idea on when these will actually be available to buy? No offense to PHLster I just have lost all interest in unobtanium stuff that requires me to follow Instagram daily or run a bot to buy or miss out on the limited drop. I'm sure the reason they sell out so fast is that they are fantastic like the rest of PHLsters stuff, so not crapping on the product itself, it looks awesome.

But I'm not exactly sure if I need one, and I'm willing to pay money for it, but not willing to pay a massive amount of energy on top of it, so if these are ever going to come out and actually be in stock, I'm down, but in skimming this thread over time, it sounded like maybe this was going to be a limited edition thing. I used to get very stressed trying to get limited edition drops of knives, keychain tools, knuckles, etc and I'm done with that. Anyone have an idea on if they'll be a regularly stocked thing, and how long it might be? Another 6 to 18 months maybe?
    I got interested, I watched this thread, I ordered, I received it quickly. No “stress” involved.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I got interested, I watched this thread, I ordered, I received it quickly. No “stress” involved.
    Same here.

I bought a Phlster Pro for the 48/43 and it works sell, although it is larger than it needs to be because it is ambi. What other holsters are people using? Seems like fixed retention is ideal, but not sure how hard it is to get an adjustable tension design adjusted.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I’m also curious about the fixed retention options available for AIWB holsters. The Enigma I ordered for my girlfriend is mounted to a JMCK Wing Claw. Because the screws that attach the claw and Enigma to the holster are also the screws that control retention, it feels like there’s always some rotational movement we can’t get rid of.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m also curious about the fixed retention options available for AIWB holsters. The Enigma I ordered for my girlfriend is mounted to a JMCK Wing Claw. Because the screws that attach the claw and Enigma to the holster are also the screws that control retention, it feels like there’s always some rotational movement we can’t get rid of.
    https://www.facebook.com/sarah.cade....0771558828661/

I don't believe that it's presently hosted anywhere else, but here's one workaround option; I hope that it helps.
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/sarah.cade....0771558828661/

I don't believe that it's presently hosted anywhere else, but here's one workaround option; I hope that it helps.
    The page says it may have been removed or the link may be broken. I don’t have a Facebook account so I’m not sure if that’s why it won’t load. I’ll send the link to my girlfriend since she has one.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I bought a Phlster Pro for the 48/43 and it works sell, although it is larger than it needs to be because it is ambi. What other holsters are people using? Seems like fixed retention is ideal, but not sure how hard it is to get an adjustable tension design adjusted.
    I'm also using a Phlster Pro, and while I do like it more than I thought I share your concerns about the size. It is the first holster with a built in wedge that I actually like as much as using a foam pad, but the ambi stuff really annoys me. They try to spin that as such a big advantage, and even though it can be useful to have a setup for your weak hand in case of an injury or something I think the advantage is mostly on the manufacturing side and not the end user. If/when they start making holsters for the Enigma specifically, I really hope they are NOT ambi.

I wonder if @Tony Mayer or @orionz06 would be interested in making something with fixed retention specifically for this purpose.

https://www.henryholsters.com/product/aiwb-iwb-holster/

Henry holsters are fixed retention. I've found them to be solid aiwb rigs, though I prefer adjustable retention and bigger wedges for belt carry and have moved them along over the years. But I would buy again with confidence.

User Tag List