Page 1 of 73 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

They’ve been teasing this for awhile. I ran across it and snagged some screenshots from a FB video. This looks to be a game changer in carry gear. Can be worn with sweatpants and still gives you grip tuck and security. Name:  94CD90B7-6085-4D15-84C6-791BF4A13C1B.jpg
Views: 6546
Size:  24.5 KBName:  59B79AEB-B881-4919-A8B6-0E7BB1B8D0C6.jpg
Views: 5247
Size:  32.3 KBName:  F6EA3058-8EE0-42A1-A312-2780CE1DC6FB.jpg
Views: 5101
Size:  31.3 KB
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I've been excited for this release. I'll definitely be getting one to try. I just listened to one of the videos with the volume really low so i might have missed it, but anybody have info on purchase dates or pricing?
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by backtrail540 View Post
    I've been excited for this release. I'll definitely be getting one to try. I just listened to one of the videos with the volume really low so i might have missed it, but anybody have info on purchase dates or pricing?
    $85ish. Available on their website by Black Friday. Actual date TBA, IIRC. Watch their website or social media.

Design details.
    Mount your own AIWB holster as long as it uses a wing.

This model is not designed to work with light bearing holster. The light bearing holster version should be available early next year, depending on how loaded they are with this model. As I understood, it will be limited to the PHLster Floodlight.
    David S.

I think I will be getting one to try when it is available.

So is this targeted for sweat-pant or beltless carry only? It’d seem hard/impossible to get that triangular piece in the front threaded through a belt loop.

Any idea what the little strap/cord hanging off the front lower is for?

The Enigma is a "chassis" for a deep concealment holster that uses it's own belt strap instead of a standard belt. It could be used for belt-less carry like sweat pants or yoga pants (Rich, if you're into that sort of thing ), or deep concealment. This is the 21st century version of the Smart Carry.

The loop goes around your leg to help prevent it from riding up during normal daily movement and when you draw, a problem I have with both the Smart Carry and Unity Clutch. This little "leash" should keep everything in place.

Of course, it's reversible for you southpaws.

Their product release video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHt1pWFFSE6/
    David S.

Quote Originally Posted by David S. View Post
    The Enigma is a "chassis" for a deep concealment holster that uses it's own belt strap instead of a standard belt. It could be used for belt-less carry like sweat pants or yoga pants (Rich, if you're into that sort of thing ), or deep concealment. This is the 21st century version of the Smart Carry.

The loop goes around your leg to help prevent it from riding up during normal daily movement and when you draw, a problem I have with both the Smart Carry and Unity Clutch. This little "leash" should keep everything in place.

Of course, it's reversible for you southpaws.

Their product release video.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHt1pWFFSE6/
    Not for me, it’d be for The Boss. I’m not exactly the Yoga Pants type.

Ok very interesting. Thanks for the video, looks like a better alternative to fabric belly bands or similar. From what it looks like, I need to bring my own holster to the party? I’ll be very interested if suitable options exist from JM CK or DSG for a P365 that can attach to this.

PS hope all are well at home.

Site Supporter
    I just ordered a new SmartCarry as the one I had was 10+ years old. I have to say they have made some great improvements.

I am very interested in this not as a beltless carry but as a NPE carry.

This will be ordered as soon as it comes available.
    Last edited by camsdaddy; 11-18-2020 at 07:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    I’ll be very interested if suitable options exist from JM CK or DSG for a P365 that can attach to this.
    Either has options that will work. Any of their models that take a claw should attach to this. All DSG's are claw based and JMCK's WC 2.0 and 2.5 models will work as well. You simply take off the attachment hardware(loops, clips, and whatnot) and attach this over the claw from my understanding.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    Not for me, it’d be for The Boss. I’m not exactly the Yoga Pants type.

Ok very interesting. Thanks for the video, looks like a better alternative to fabric belly bands or similar. From what it looks like, I need to bring my own holster to the party? I’ll be very interested if suitable options exist from JM CK or DSG for a P365 that can attach to this.

PS hope all are well at home.
    [i]All my info is based on the one hour FB reveal last night. [/-]

Yes, holster is sold separately. As long as the holster use one of the three or four "wings" mentioned in the video, it should work. He mentioned that JMCK, DSG, Henry Holsters, and a bunch of others should work fine.

Light bearing holsters have different geometry that requires a different chassis to optimize them.

(All is well at home. . . or at leas as good as can be expected with a couple toddlers running around. )
    David S.

User Tag List