Page 44 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by snow white View Post
    Bummer.
    Yes, it is. I ordered my Lightbearing Enigma last night, and a separate IWB Floodlight for it. Got a tracking number early this morning, so I certainly can’t complain about the service speed.

Just FYI
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'll need a G19 w/TLR7 Enigma-compatible holster for whenever I manage to grab a light-compatible Enigma. Any suggestions?

Please note that I have requested the moderators to remove the attachment to post #430, which I rather thoughtlessly posted without permission. It’s not called out as a rule in that forum, but I am given to understand it is not OK to screenshot posts from there, and probably should have known better.

The gist of the content is that the PHLster Spotlight (predecessor to Floodlight) is incompatible with any form of Enigma system including the new Lightbearing Enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    I'll need a G19 w/TLR7 Enigma-compatible holster for whenever I manage to grab a light-compatible Enigma. Any suggestions?

For a TLR-7/G19 holster that appears to have the correct attachment points for a LB Enigma, I found this:

https://www.hazmatholsterworks.com/G...19-17-tlr7.htm

I have absolutely no experience with this maker. Any holster that will work with the LB Enigma will require those mounting points.

Site Supporter
    For those of us with Light Bearing Engima's on the way, I grabbed this picture from the Phlster website. I think my JM Custom Kydex holster will work. If Tony starts making light-bearing Engima Shell holsters I'll get one.

(I just measured my JM holster and it looks like it will be fine).
    Last edited by Blades; 04-29-2021 at 07:10 PM.
    --Jason--

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    For a TLR-7/G19 holster that appears to have the correct attachment points for a LB Enigma, I found this:

I have absolutely no experience with this maker. Any holster that will work with the LB Enigma will require those mounting points.
    I believe this would work too

https://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/AIWB-WC-LB.html

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    Please note that I have requested the moderators to remove the attachment to post #430, which I rather thoughtlessly posted without permission. It’s not called out as a rule in that forum, but I am given to understand it is not OK to screenshot posts from there, and probably should have known better.

The gist of the content is that the PHLster Spotlight (predecessor to Floodlight) is incompatible with any form of Enigma system including the new Lightbearing Enigma.

So I may have missed it on the website but it dosen't mention the lb enigma not working with the spotlight anywhere. Is the only info about this on Instagram or whatever that was? If so that seems like a pretty big 'by the way" to not address on the actual product page. I dont use social media, its a bit frustrating that that wouldn't be stated where everyone can see it. That being said, nobody is perfect and the product is fantastic. I will happily buy a compatible holster i just feel a heads up would have been good.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

So I may have missed it on the website but it dosen't mention the lb enigma not working with the spotlight anywhere. Is the only info about this on Instagram or whatever that was? If so that seems like a pretty big 'by the way" to not address on the actual product page. I dont use social media, its a bit frustrating that that wouldn't be stated where everyone can see it. That being said, nobody is perfect and the product is fantastic. I will happily buy a compatible holster i just feel a heads up would have been good.
    In the text it states the criteria of modwing l or lightwing, and two clip attachment points on the face of the holster.

Name:  Screenshot_20210430-095842_Samsung Internet.jpg
Views: 491
Size:  30.1 KB
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

If you look at the connection points for the Lightbearing Enigma, you will see there are no compatible mounting points on the Spotlight, and no way to modify it short of somehow, thermal molding standoffs and new offset holes in the body. Just holes won’t work, because the hardware will be right against your slide and frame with no standoff internally.

I will say that the folks at PHLster do an outstanding job of educating users, but I agree this is perhaps an opportunity to let more people know about this issue- “light bearing” alone isnt enough to guarantee compatibility.

According to my order tracking I will have my LBE in about two hours, and I will probably have a chance to put it together this evening.

Have Floodlight; awaiting my chance to order the LB Enigma. I saw my notification e-mail(s) too late, so, await the next chance. It is not that I have generally carried WMLs on concealed carry guns, but that I want to try my single-column-mag, railed S&W 3913 TSW @ AIWB, and a Floodlight seems to be a best way to carry a railed 3rd-Gen DA/SA S&W TSW autoloader, for which few to no Kydex options are available.

Meanwhile, on the evil-bay, a first-version Enigma was bid-up to $300. It was listed by the same seller who got $460 for his first one, which is an indication that the number and energy of folks willing to bid stupid-high is becoming less, which just might reduce the number of speculators who buy new Enigmas with the specific intent to flip them.
    Last edited by Rex G; 04-30-2021 at 07:39 PM.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

User Tag List