Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    Wondering the same.

Although I am not interested in using the floodlight, I get why people like them but I prefer model specific holsters.
    Indeed, the Floodlight is quite bulky. When I first pulled mine from the bag, my first thought was “massive.” A model-specific holster would, in most cases, probably be less bulky.
    I have doubts that a Floodlight can truly be concealed on my rather thin* frame, inside the trousers, but it can be rigged as an OWB holster, with one of those Blade-Tech products, so, it would have utility, if I were to find it unworkable @ AIWB, so it seemed worth a try, and I bought one.

*Mostly thin. There is that pandemic belly that just won’t quite go away, just yet.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

I guess I am the a$$hole. I have been stalking the PHLster page and saw one in stock, so I ordered it. I need one for my shield. They still show in stock.

Name:  20210506_190301.jpg
Views: 858
Size:  99.5 KB
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

Name:  PXL_20210409_215115629-1.jpg
Views: 600
Size:  97.4 KB

I am really jonesing for a 9mm LCR, so I can run that on the new one.

I’m looking at the JMCK Enigma shell, what’s the opinion on extra tuck and muzzle pad? Do they help with concealment on the enigma?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    And, here we are, for illustrative purposes only. Noting increased knuckle clearance as well as a very good tuck with this initial setup.

Also sparing everyone from the sight of my boxers. We are civilized, after all.
    Does that Floodlight holster cover the trigger guard of that VP9 perfectly? As in, you cannot get anything in there by accident while carrying that could activate the trigger? I've been looking at one of those for my VP40 but have concerns about fit there...

Site Supporter
    Has anybody else had the screws that attach their holster to the enigma rust?

I’m admittedly a worst case scenario with extremely corrosive sweat, but it looks like I’m going to need to source some stainless or brass hardware.

ETA: on the plus side at least I don’t need thread locker now.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

It’s rather amusing- I can hide a rather massive VP9 with PMM comp or VP9L, RMR or SRO, and X300U in a Floodlight AIWB, with a mag at 11 o’clock, completely undetectably, while my rather svelte P30L in a Tulster Profile (very minimalist IWB holster) and no accessories on the pistol prints a bit when carried AIWB. I need to put a wedge on that thing.

Both are comfortable, but that Floodlight is really quite good. If I throw a U-Boat on the P30L, it also hides perfectly in the same Floodlight, of course.

Same with another Floodlight on a PHLster LB Enigma. Those pistols just disappear.

On the other hand, I can carry the aforementioned Floodlight with the as-described VP9 or VP9L, and the Tulster with the bare P30L at 3:30- at the same time- with a spare mag at 11 o’clock, and neither is detectable. (I really don’t do this all that often though).

(Of course all of this is body dependent- in my case, 6’, 185 lbs., 34” waist and 45” chest. Thinner people seem to have more difficulty with this sort of thing, based on observations of my lower-drag friends.)

This afternoon, I did quite a bit of draw-fire practice to work on speed. Shooting the P30L V3 with X300 from concealment (button-up shirt with the bottom button left unfastened) with the Floodlight yielded an average of 2.3 seconds to put a controlled pair on a Gunsite Option Target 100% to COM at 10 yards. That time stretched to an average of 2.9 seconds with the bare pistol and the Tulster. I can take about a half-second off those times with the VP9 and RMR.

(Obviously I’m not one of those sub-second Instagram guys, but as my instructor Walt Wilkinson likes to say, Speed is the devil…)

The Floodlight is comfortable, and allows relatively quick engagement for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Does that Floodlight holster cover the trigger guard of that VP9 perfectly? As in, you cannot get anything in there by accident while carrying that could activate the trigger? I've been looking at one of those for my VP40 but have concerns about fit there...
    Very reasonable question. No, it does not cover the trigger perfectly. I feel it is adequate, but I don’t wear clothing with drawstrings, ever, when carrying AIWB with this holster (or any other, for that matter). That would be the only thing I can imagine being a remotely possible issue.

I would NOT carry a P320 or other non-dingus striker gun in this holster (or AIWB at all for that matter).
    Last edited by Archer1440; 05-07-2021 at 05:57 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Has anybody else had the screws that attach their holster to the enigma rust?

I’m admittedly a worst case scenario with extremely corrosive sweat, but it looks like I’m going to need to source some stainless or brass hardware.

ETA: on the plus side at least I don’t need thread locker now.
    Quoting myself to add photos since I ran out of time to edit.

Name:  A3E6933A-D324-4169-8E42-0F2648185E88.jpg
Views: 551
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  AC8F7B13-5ADF-482F-89D2-E1F0C869E29D.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  26.2 KB

This is about two and a half months of daily wear, and I honestly just gave up on trying to keep the rust off after about a month. Anybody know what size these are so I can try to find something in stainless or brass?
    im strong, i can run faster than train

In my experience most common holster hardware tends to be 8-32 UNC, and it’s easy to find replacement fasteners from stainless steel.

McMaster-Carr carries a variety of lengths in 316 stainless, which is the best choice for corrosion resistance. Make sure you aren’t allergic to nickel- if you are, then brass might be a better choice.

https://www.mcmaster.com/chicago-scr...ls-and-screws/

Scroll down to the 8-32 316 stainless parts, and make sure you get the correct lengths so you don’t have them poking where you don’t want to be poked…

User Tag List