Page 12 of 73 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Fat guys don't work out.

But then again, they are often seen in the wild wearing sweat pants.....
    Says you... Not everyone here is in their 20-30's, in great shape and have health issues that are out of their control. I'm out of shape but still put a thumping on a cocky 20-30yo.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Hands View Post
    Says you... Not everyone here is in their 20-30's, in great shape and have health issues that are out of their control. I'm out of shape but still put a thumping on a cocky 20-30yo.
    Feelings hurt? I'm not in my 20-30's. And I can "put a thumping" on a cocky fat guy. So what?

We done here?

Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    Feelings hurt? I'm not in my 20-30's. And I can "put a thumping" on a cocky fat guy. So what?

We done here?

Maybe try less trolling or being respectful of the people you quote. -Cocky Fat Guy

And no my feelings are not hurt, I'm no snowflake and I'm not anonymous.

I finally set mine up. Don’t expect to get it and throw it on and leave the house. It’s not necessarily difficult to set up but it takes a long time. Around 30 mins total because I was using a jmck 2.5 aiwb and trying to figure out the best way to mount it since it uses adjustable retention. I had to use method 2 listed in the video.

I’ve been wearing it around the house with a 365xl. The leg leash is not even noticable but one thing I do not like is that there is very little space to get my hands around the gun without scraping my knuckles on the mounting plate. It’s shredding my knuckles on the few draws I’ve practiced. I’m not sure if this is gun, holster or enigma related.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

I second your opinion about set up and am also working with a JMCK. I like it so far (DW 1911 Vigil CCO) and I have no knuckle issues like you. I'm not sure if it conceals much better than my JRC, but I haven't finished tweaking it, nor have I compared it to the JRC yet.

That being said, I've only gone number 1 using it and it's much easier. Number 2 will be interesting. I'll report back on this

As for comfort, I'd say it's damn comfy. Long term comfort on the "belt" will be dependent on it being skin contact vs underwear or shirt contact. I think the skin is better for security of movement, but I'm sure certain undershirts/underwear will be fine.

I rocked it around the place today in a pair of sweats and jeans just to see how it felt and it was very comfortable. The leg wrap was unnoticeable once you get it in position.

Squatting, kicking, etc seems great. I was pleasantly surprised at how little it moved as I was aping around to see if it would shift.

So far I'd say it's definitely a very promising for NPE and/or athletic based environs.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

I've been using and adjusting mine for a week now.

It definitely takes some tweaking to get it just right, but once set up, it's comfortable, accessible, secure and very concealable.

Carrying a Gen 5 G26, left-handed, I found it to be most stable using a Red One ShivWorks MkII holster, since the non-adjustable retention of this rig results in the holster position being very solid.

(I tried it first with an adjustable retention JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, and found that the holster would rotate on the mount too easily, even with both the screws torqued down tight.)

Bathroom use, whether sitting or standing, is easy. There's no need to remove the rig nor to remove the gun from the holster; just undo the leg leash/lanyard from your thigh and tuck it under the rig's belt to keep it out of the way, so you don't pee on it or have it drop into the toilet bowl. I've had no need to move the rig at all when using the bathroom, that is, it needn't be slid up or down from wherever you have it positioned between waist and hips.

Wearing the ENIGMA with typical belted pants, either having the belt fixed loosely or going beltless works well, but the rig really fills a niche for me when worn with shorts and sweatpants. It's undetectable yet very easy to access.

So far, it's been comfortable in any posture or with any activity, though I haven't rolled on the floor with it yet. Sitting, squatting, walking, climbing are no problem, and it's pretty easy to forget I am even wearing the thing.

I haven't found a good solution to the extra magazine issue yet.

Clipping or otherwise attaching a spare mag to the ENIGMA belt itself isn't comfortable or easily accessible for me, and even if beltless shorts/pants do have pockets, they're often not secure enough for carrying a magazine, plus there's the added weight in the pocket (which wouldn't really be felt if worn on a belt). I haven't figured out any good way to attach a spare magazine to the ENIGMA faceplate itself. I'll be interested to see if others here come up with workable solutions for carrying a spare mag.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post

Carrying a Gen 5 G26, left-handed, I found it to be most stable using a ...
    Finally found a left-hander using this. I look forward to more of your experiences with it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I've been using and adjusting mine for a week now.

It definitely takes some tweaking to get it just right, but once set up, it's comfortable, accessible, secure and very concealable.

Carrying a Gen 5 G26, left-handed, I found it to be most stable using a Red One ShivWorks MkII holster, since the non-adjustable retention of this rig results in the holster position being very solid.

(I tried it first with an adjustable retention JMCK Wing Claw 2.5, and found that the holster would rotate on the mount too easily, even with both the screws torqued down tight.)

Bathroom use, whether sitting or standing, is easy. There's no need to remove the rig nor to remove the gun from the holster; just undo the leg leash/lanyard from your thigh and tuck it under the rig's belt to keep it out of the way, so you don't pee on it or have it drop into the toilet bowl. I've had no need to move the rig at all when using the bathroom, that is, it needn't be slid up or down from wherever you have it positioned between waist and hips.

Wearing the ENIGMA with typical belted pants, either having the belt fixed loosely or going beltless works well, but the rig really fills a niche for me when worn with shorts and sweatpants. It's undetectable yet very easy to access.

So far, it's been comfortable in any posture or with any activity, though I haven't rolled on the floor with it yet. Sitting, squatting, walking, climbing are no problem, and it's pretty easy to forget I am even wearing the thing.

I haven't found a good solution to the extra magazine issue yet.

Clipping or otherwise attaching a spare mag to the ENIGMA belt itself isn't comfortable or easily accessible for me, and even if beltless shorts/pants do have pockets, they're often not secure enough for carrying a magazine, plus there's the added weight in the pocket (which wouldn't really be felt if worn on a belt). I haven't figured out any good way to attach a spare magazine to the ENIGMA faceplate itself. I'll be interested to see if others here come up with workable solutions for carrying a spare mag.
    Im curious which mounting holes you were using for your 2.5 and 26? I am carrying my gen 4 26 in a 19 length JMkydex 2.5. I am right handed and use the first on the top left and middle top right. I have had my holster shift and am determined to find a solution as well. I have found tight screws and snugging my belt helps to prevent the shift some. I intend to continue to dig.

I carried my 19 for the first few weeks and it was crazy how well it concealed with this setting. I recently went back to my 26 just for the added concealment and comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Im curious which mounting holes you were using for your 2.5 and 26? I am carrying my gen 4 26 in a 19 length JMkydex 2.5. I am right handed and use the first on the top left and middle top right. I have had my holster shift and am determined to find a solution as well. I have found tight screws and snugging my belt helps to prevent the shift some. I intend to continue to dig.

I carried my 19 for the first few weeks and it was crazy how well it concealed with this setting. I recently went back to my 26 just for the added concealment and comfort.
    As I noted, I'm now using a Red One ShivWorks MkII holster in the ENIGMA, but the setup is the same as used with the JMCK Wing Claw 2.5.

Being left-handed, I've turned the faceplate around, so that the AXL mark is no longer facing forward, but instead toward the body.

I'm placing the body of the holster centrally (12 o'clock), and using the topmost, outermost hole on the longer of the two "wings" of the faceplate (which is thus toward my left), and the topmost, innermost hole on the shorter of the faceplate "wings", which is toward my right, for the attachment points of the belt. This tends to pull the upper portion of the rig into the abdomen for best concealment, and "counter-rotates" the rig so that the slide/sight side of the gun doesn't protrude.
    I also have a small foam pad on the bottom rear of the holster (body-side) to accentuate the rearward lean of the gripframe.

I have the belt moderately tight, at about hip level; the belt overlaps the pelvis margins (iliac crest), with the Fidlock buckle on my right.

The leg leash/lanyard is anchored in the "slit" hole toward my left side, and the loop portion goes around my upper thigh;this took some adjusting to get just right.

I hope that's clear, though of course you'll need to reverse everything for trying to visualize right-handed use.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List