Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2363717273

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Site Supporter
    I much prefer the standard belt over the sport belt.

Someone here pointed me to a DCC clip at the trigger guard mounting screw. That allows me to wear it leg leash free and the unit stays above belt or drawstring line.

Belt wise, I’ve NEVER found standard belts comfortable for AIWB of any kind. I’ve always had to use soft flexible belts. Arcteryx conveyor, Tenicor zero…. Lately a Grove Life elastic belt seems to fit the bill the best.

Ive also found that the back pain is super exaggerated by belt tension. I snug up the enigma bent enough to keep it in place but no more. Once you find the happy spot on your body it shouldn’t feel like you’re wearing a corset.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    That’s another reason why I like using a DCC clip, it prevents that from happening.
    I've seen others doing this in the Facebook group. Can you help me understand how using the Enigma with it clipped to your pants is any different/better than using a traditional holster and belt? Do you only use the Enigma for pants that don't need a belt?
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    I much prefer the standard belt over the sport belt.
    How do you have yours set up and what do you carry. I apologize if you have posted this before.

I don't want to give up completely on the Enigma. Too many people are very happy with it. I think Cecil Burch stated that he was using one when I took his class a while back. He's the one that made me take a serious look at the Enigma and to eventually order one.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MGW View Post
    How do you have yours set up and what do you carry. I apologize if you have posted this before.

I don't want to give up completely on the Enigma. Too many people are very happy with it. I think Cecil Burch stated that he was using one when I took his class a while back. He's the one that made me take a serious look at the Enigma and to eventually order one.
    Daily use with a J-Frame around the house in sweats or boardshorts. I much prefer a real belt and JM WC2.0 for normal carry. I do have one set up for my carry gun, but that very rarely gets used, usually just for below the beltline or under a tucked shirt.

I've seen others doing this in the Facebook group. Can you help me understand how using the Enigma with it clipped to your pants is any different/better than using a traditional holster and belt? Do you only use the Enigma for pants that don't need a belt?
    The biggest difference is that the clip isn't load bearing. It is just there to maintain the position of the pants/belt in regards to your holster. The faceplate of the Enigma is able to apply pressure to the holster and wing in ways that a belt can't for me. I get enough grip tuck to conceal a full size Glock, but I also get pressure applied to the slide side of the holster which prevents printing from my Aimpoint P2.

I also find that the flex of the sport belt allows me to get the system tight enough so that it doesn't shift around and move while still being far more comfortable than a standard belt since it can flex a bit depending on how my body moves. No matter what belt/holster combo I've tried with a standard holster system the holster ends up shifting enough to impact concealment after standing/sitting/moving for a few hours. I don't get that with the Enigma.

I carry with an Enigma no matter what type of pants I'm wearing. If I'm wearing pants with belt loops I also wear a belt just tight enough to keep my pants on and typically have a clinch pick on it.

Yes, I use the enigma for sweatpants and shorts I donÂ’t use a belt with. I can get rid of the leg leash and it prevents the pants or shorts from riding up or down. I have used it with regular pants but I usually use my standard holsters then.

Phlsters website has all sorts of resources for the enigma.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    Its been 9 months since an update. Is everyone still happy? Has anyone found any hacks since the last mention?
    Yes, I'm still happy. Have I found any hacks? No.
    I think I may have been one of the early receivers of a light-bearing Engima. I carried my G19.5/TLR-8 for a while. I upgraded to the Sport Belt after a year or so and am happy with it. I switched to just a G19, no light, last year. I bought a Rego Leg Leash a few months ago and like it a lot better than the original leash.
    --Jason--

I use the Enigma Express with the Skeleton 365 x-Macro shell to carry my X-Macro while running. Still using the leg leash and the DCC clip. Once I got the length of the leash from the mount point to the leash clip correct I have not had it pop.

Also using Phlster's wedge pack, and the Sport belt to carry TQ, Quick Clot, and chest seal.

User Tag List