Page 69 of 73 FirstFirst ... 19596768697071 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Just want to say this is concealed carry on true concealed mode. I got in on the first batch of Enigmas available to the public. First two pictures is a G19X and I want to say I’m not a big guy. Full size grip appendix for me is a lot of gun. Last picture is a 365 with 12 round mag and 15 round spare. Both shirts are relatively tight on me. I used to always wear pants with a belt because how else could you CC unless you used Smartcarry or went down to a J frame with strong metal clip. It’s truly a game changer and allows deep concealment with a tucked in polo and khaki pants.

I will say I’ve been wearing 32” pants for a while. They’re to the point without carrying my enigma they fit fine, but are getting a bit tight. With Engima it’s a lot to pack in. If I truly measure my waist it is 34”. Im finding 34” pants with enigma do fit well. But, I mostly use Engima in sweats and that’s what I mostly wear outside of work. I also find adding in a wedge can be extremely helpful especially with sweats.

One last thing I’ve found is going deep concealment a shorter holster is best. So many people want a longer holster for short barrel guns and I totally get that, but for deep concealment a 365 with true 365 length holster is where it’s at. That’s something I struggled with for a while, but Phlsters Skelton holster fixed that.

Name:  DF9E51BD-1AAA-4EB2-B9C7-E451360FC70E.jpg
Views: 1137
Size:  27.5 KB

Name:  4E57E7A5-31C5-4793-99B5-131E262425CB.jpg
Views: 1138
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  7A04C0AE-69DC-48D3-82AF-E5D3412EBC12.jpg
Views: 1117
Size:  41.7 KB

I've tried my Enigma with a few small pistols but it just didn't work for me.

Today I modified a Harry's Icon holster for my 642 to work with the Enigma. I think I found the combo that works for me. Been wearing it most of the day in comfort. It's kinda freeing not to wear a belt.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Got mine a few days ago. Will definitely serve its purpose which for me was basically just to carry when out on daily walks/walking the kids around the neighborhood. I’d like to be able to wear athletic gear. Beyond that the wing-claw absolutely kills me. They are not very compatible with my body type.
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    Got mine a few days ago. Will definitely serve its purpose which for me was basically just to carry when out on daily walks/walking the kids around the neighborhood. I’d like to be able to wear athletic gear. Beyond that the wing-claw absolutely kills me. They are not very compatible with my body type.
    I use a home-folded holster with foam wedge and some spacers instead of the wing/claw with my enigma and it’s worked great for 2+ years.

I had my Enigma set up with a holster for a Glock 19. I always found myself going to my Glock 26 in a 26 length holster. I just got a shipment notice that my JMKydex shell for my 26 is preparing to ship. Im hoping this is the ticket. I know that in some situations a longer holster can be a benefit. I am hoping the 26 holster is close enough to 26 length to work in this situation

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I had my Enigma set up with a holster for a Glock 19. I always found myself going to my Glock 26 in a 26 length holster. I just got a shipment notice that my JMKydex shell for my 26 is preparing to ship. Im hoping this is the ticket. I know that in some situations a longer holster can be a benefit. I am hoping the 26 holster is close enough to 26 length to work in this situation
    The Enigma drops the holster so low I had some occasional comfort issues with a Walther PPS shell originally designed for belt use that also had a lengthened muzzle end. A minute or two with a dremel cutting wheel and some touching up with sandpaper and I was easily able to modify it to my preference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    I use a home-folded holster with foam wedge and some spacers instead of the wing/claw with my enigma and it’s worked great for 2+ years.

I’ll see if I can replicate this. Was going to order a shell that did not have a claw
    “Archer not arrow. No such thing as a perfect pistol. Until you commit to being a better archer, you’ll keep hunting for a better arrow.”

-JCN

Quote Originally Posted by Mercworx View Post
    I’ll see if I can replicate this. Was going to order a shell that did not have a claw
    Why not just remove the claw and substitute in a few spacers? A no-claw holster will probably still need spacers for the faceplate to sit correctly as well as the correct rivet holes required by the claw in order to work with the Enigma.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    Why not just remove the claw and substitute in a few spacers? A no-claw holster will probably still need spacers for the faceplate to sit correctly as well as the correct rivet holes required by the claw in order to work with the Enigma.
    He could probably just cut the claw part off if he doesn’t want to mess with finding spacers.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    He could probably just cut the claw flush with the edge of the holster if he didn’t want to mess with finding spacers.
    Or just leave the Claw's arm in place and simply remove the standoff insert at the top.

User Tag List