Page 32 of 73 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Even easier, I can do all the test fit and set it up to go outta the box.
    Is it an easy process to convert Orion over to fixed with your new spacers? I have an Orion that I'd like to convert, also JMCK 2.5 that I'd like to convert if your hardware works for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Is it an easy process to convert Orion over to fixed with your new spacers? I have an Orion that I'd like to convert, also JMCK 2.5 that I'd like to convert if your hardware works for it.
    Yank two screws for the wing, which needs done anyway to install the holster to the faceplate, remove the EPDM spacers, add on each post one thicker spacer and two thinner spacers, reinstall everything else and test fit.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Yank two screws for the wing, which needs done anyway to install the holster to the faceplate, remove the EPDM spacers, add on each post one thicker spacer and two thinner spacers, reinstall everything else and test fit.
    That's how I imagined it, just wanted to be sure. Do you know if your kit will work with JMCK 2.5 Wing Claw? I'd order a couple if so... also how much per kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    That's how I imagined it, just wanted to be sure. Do you know if your kit will work with JMCK 2.5 Wing Claw? I'd order a couple if so... also how much per kit?
    It should. My stuff has always been based on a 3/16" rubber spacer, the rest of the market uses 1/4". The kits will have spacers to work with both. Waiting on the thinner ones to be cut for us, getting like 10,000 of them, and then some testing with other brands to confirm.

As for price, not 100% certain yet. The initial workup looks to be able $8.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    I’ve been wearing the Enjgma for a couple of days now and really like it. Also, if you’re skinny like me I would recommend trying the buckle eliminator. It holds well, and is easy to put on.

It would be nice if they had an order option where you could choose which buckle you want, because I don’t foresee myself needing or using the fidlock..
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Site Supporter
    So looking at the light bearing holster proto got me to thinking, that if they laser cut the top screw hole on the regular enigma into a slot it might allow people a little more cant adjustability and might help people get some clearance in between their knuckles and the plate.

@runcible what do you think? Superfluous adjustment or maybe some merit?

Name:  E5D41B93-7F13-4BA5-974C-8707AF1DC58D.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  62.2 KB
    im strong, i can run faster than train

I got a Phlster holster for the 365, and that combo disappears with the Enigma. The holster is larger than necessary since it is ambi and XL sized — would love to see a 365 Enigma dedicated holster for minimum size.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    So looking at the light bearing holster proto got me to thinking, that if they laser cut the top screw hole on the regular enigma into a slot it might allow people a little more cant adjustability and might help people get some clearance in between their knuckles and the plate.

@runcible what do you think? Superfluous adjustment or maybe some merit?

Name:  E5D41B93-7F13-4BA5-974C-8707AF1DC58D.jpg
Views: 529
Size:  62.2 KB
    This isn't the first post I've seen about knuckle clearance, why not just relieve the top of the Enigma? I haven't actually set mine up yet as I'm waiting on a hster from Dark Star Gear for it.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I got a Phlster holster for the 365, and that combo disappears with the Enigma. The holster is larger than necessary since it is ambi and XL sized — would love to see a 365 Enigma dedicated holster for minimum size.
    You mean like this?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Phlster emailed a request for comments and I responded with exactly this. They replied promptly that it was user error and that the extra length is better (which it is until you sit or squat deeply).

Quote Originally Posted by GearFondler View Post
    You mean like this?

Damn you costing me more money...

User Tag List