Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

I found one and it’ll allegedly be here tomorrow. I’d like to carry a spare mag on this thing. Right now my options are a DSG Koala and some Kytex OWBs. I’m thinking the Koala is the better bet for carry, but what is working for ya’ll? Would one of the soft IWB pouches (like their Flex mag pouch) be worthwhile here?

If anyone has a line on one of these, holler.
    #RESIST

I'm just waiting on the restock email myself.
    Come, mother, come! For terror is thy name, death is in thy breath, and every shaking step destroys a world for e'er. Thou 'time', the all-destroyer! Come, O mother, come!

I'm in line for a second one.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    I'm in line for a second one.
    I suspect many of us are in that situation!

Some of us are in that second queue, still awaiting our first Phlster Enigma.

I did finally manage to acquire a J-Frame Phlster City Special, which has been another long-term out-of-stock unicorn, by finding one pre-owned, at that evil bay place.
    Retar’d LE. Kinesthetic dufus.

Don’t tread on volcanos!

To be clear, I found one on ARFCOM NIB and jumped on it. I figured the extra $10 was worth not having to check my email every five minutes.

Initial impressions are VERY good. Placement independent of the belt results in great comfort. It conceals in gym clothes and business casual. Need to dry fire tonight, but the plan is to give it a test run in public tomorrow.

My hope is that this will become a 100% solution for my P365XL, able to be worn with any clothing (within reason). My primary goal is to AIWB in a suit/business casual at work, but it absolutely worked through a light kettlebell workout.
    Last edited by ssb; 01-19-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    Initial impressions are VERY good. Placement independent of the belt results in great comfort. It conceals in gym clothes and business casual. Need to dry fire tonight, but the plan is to give it a test run in public tomorrow.

My hope is that this will become a 100% solution for my P365XL, able to be worn with any clothing (within reason). My primary goal is to AIWB in a suit/business casual at work, but it absolutely worked through a light kettlebell workout.
    Agree, I am very pleased with the acquisition of the Enigma. I like the idea that it is independent of belts as well, especially with shorts. I also like the ability to adjust ride height simply by moving the chassis (their word, not mine) up or down rather than removing screws on the holster. I also like that I can reduce printing through some experimenting of chassis screw placement. Once it's set, no need to worry about it going forward. Finally, I like the fact that I can use the Enigma for multiple holsters (so long as I don't mind removing and installing each one each time). Used it during dry firing with no issues, I think it's because I am still technically using the holster that I've dry fired with all along, I simply added the Enigma to the equation. Well worth the purchase for me.

I'm happy with my Enigma and PRO G43 combination.

Previously my NPE carry was a Smartcarry in "reverse" with an attached Kydex shell. It was definitely a compromise; it favored concealment over the ability to get a good initial grip. It had to ride significantly lower than my belt line.

The Enigma allows me to have a consistent ride height nearer to to the belt line which is a good balance between access and NPE concealment. The leg lanyard keeps holster from flopping out during the draw which was a common issue I had with the Smartcarry setup.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

User Tag List