Page 30 of 73 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: Phlster Enigma. A game changer in belt free carry?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I am 6-1, 167 pounds. Riding has not been too big an issue but I finally found a use for all that extra Vibra Tite VC3.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Hammertime
    I am pretty sure I can mount a Glock “Sport” holster to this thing by drilling a couple holes in the $15 Glock brand holster. They have great non adjustable retention but don’t draw all that great. Considering it because they are very thin, short and low bulk. Would pair well with a G26.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    When can we order a fixed retention set up?
    New holster, or just the parts?
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    New holster, or just the parts?
    New holster for an enigma.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    New holster for an enigma.
    Even easier, I can do all the test fit and set it up to go outta the box.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Even easier, I can do all the test fit and set it up to go outta the box.
    Cool. I'll order right now and just put enigma as a note if that's an option.

Ordered.

camsdaddy, JCS;

Thanks for taking the time to respond to that.

If the waistbelt is preferably wrapped around the true-waist and above the hips, and the waistbelt keeps climbing upwards - why not keep it there? If that displaces the holster slightly too far vertically, shifting the belt to other holes on the wing may be able to address that. If the waistbelt is digging in, especially upon some or all of the lower edge; whether after it has crept upwards on its own or ithas been deliberately placed there; adding some additional tension to the belt may help.

(There's a lot of counter-intuitive in-play here, whether with an Enigma'd holster or the YP series; and that makes issues very understandable.)

Did that help any?
    Jules
    Runcible Works

Quote Originally Posted by runcible View Post

If the waistbelt is preferably wrapped around the true-waist and above the hips, and the waistbelt keeps climbing upwards - why not keep it there? If that displaces the holster slightly too far vertically, shifting the belt to other holes on the wing may be able to address that.

Did that help any?
    Exactly. I assembled an Enigma with a PHLster Pro holster for a friend last week- last evening he called me to ask if the high-riding belt was normal, I had him re-mount to a lower set of holes to get his proper draw grip, and he’s happy with that arrangement- letting the belt ride high- at the moment.

The thing some people tend to forget is that it make take some experimentation with the hole locations to conform to specific body types, holsters, preferred ride heights and other factors. Fortunately it’s pretty easy to make the changes. My buddy is 6’ tall and weighs about 170. He’s never been able to hide anything in AIWB before the Enigma, and now his full size pistol simply disappears under a t-shirt with it. (I did have to think backward when doing the assembly as he is sinister-handed, but no one is perfect.)

By the by- The best “pro-tip” I have figured out for the belt-to-plate screws is to put a jar opener pad (or just a thick rubber band) onto a hard surface, put the belt attachment onto the rubber, and push the screwdriver hard into the screw when tightening or loosening. Way easier and more positive than trying to grab the Chicago screw back with your finger or a rubber glove.

Jon just posted a IG Live this evening. I thought I'd help spread the word.

TLDR: Due to recent craziness, shipping providers (USPS, UPS, etc) have been delayed due to issues that are out of PHLster's control. Some products are arriving several days or weeks behind schedule. Meanwhile Jon and his crew are getting inundated with calls and emails that they feel the to respond to, because: Customer Service.

He's kindly requesting folks please be patient. If you have a tracking number, then the product is in the hands of the shipping company and it will arrive eventually. PHLster can't do anything to help expedite or any special info about the status that you can't access on your own.

Cheers,
    David S.

In general, if you have a tracking number, STFU. No one else has any better info than that. Shit happens, complain to the post office.

User Tag List