Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some 200 and 255gr swc .45 acp load data

Interesting data
    I had to go up to 7.5gr unique to get a 200gr XTP or Gold dot to hit 1050 with my HK45CT (4.6”)
    Lead is definitely a lot faster

Quote Originally Posted by diananike View Post
    Interesting data
    I had to go up to 7.5gr unique to get a 200gr XTP or Gold dot to hit 1050 with my HK45CT (4.6”)
    Lead is definitely a lot faster
    That seems about right. Lead is usually 100fps faster

At an estate sale a few months back in addition to a bunch of CCI primers and virgin 45-70 brass, I also got two unopened 100ct bags of Magtech 250gr LRNFP .452. Silly me, being new to 45-70, I thought it would make a nice powder puff load, but I later found out not so much. I was wondering if I can load these up an run the through my 4506-1 and USP45F as either .45acp loads or .45Super loads.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    At an estate sale a few months back in addition to a bunch of CCI primers and virgin 45-70 brass, I also got two unopened 100ct bags of Magtech 250gr LRNFP .452. Silly me, being new to 45-70, I thought it would make a nice powder puff load, but I later found out not so much. I was wondering if I can load these up an run the through my 4506-1 and USP45F as either .45acp loads or .45Super loads.
    Go for it!
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    I ran 255 LSWCs in 45 Auto a few times in USPSA with no issues other than they were pretty slow - seemed like I was shooting a mortar lobbing them in. Went back to 185 or 200 LSWC but no issue getting 255s to work.

I had a pretty bouncy load based on those that I blame for cracking the slide of a buddy’s Megastar, but that was after a couple thousand rounds. I think you’re ok.
    Ignore Alien Orders

This has worked in every .45 Auto I've tried it in (S&W M&P45 FS, HK USP FS, Dan Wesson full size 1911, Kimber commander size, Ruger LW CMD) except the Kahr CW45. The Dan Wesson owner was particularly impressed.

Finished chronographing and had 4 left.

Would use these with discretion to prevent excessive wear.

FWIW,

Paul

Anybody have issues with them feeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I'm a tactical operator and Instructor and also retired military."

-read on another forum

Quote Originally Posted by richiecotite View Post
    Anybody have issues with them feeding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nope

Site Supporter
    In the massive reloading estate buy I did in '19 is a good quantity of 255 grain .452 sized bullets. These will be tried in my 1911s since there is no .45 Colt revolver in the house.
    Appreciate the load data.

User Tag List