Thread: FO Front sight for a Kimber K6

FO Front sight for a Kimber K6

I have a K6 3" revolver with standard sights on it, no FO, no NS.. Been wanting to put a fiber optic front on the gun but the Kimber FO is fragile looking.

I have HiViz on a Smith 629 and also on a Kahr K9.

HiViz doesn't make a sight for the K6 but they do make them for Smith pin in barrels in several heights. My K6 3" shoots low for many loads.

Looking at the bottom of the sight for Kimber factory FO and the S&W Hi Viz pin sight, they appear similar.

Has anyone tried adapting a Smith pin in HiViz FO to a Kimber K6 key slot in the barrel?

It looks doable but before I plunk down the bucks for a HiViz was wondering if someone else has blazed this trail?

The FO end on the HiViz and painted round dot on K6 appear to be close to the same size. Would appreciate your feedback.

Thank you!

I don’t have an answer for you regarding the fit of the S&W front sight to the Kimber but I do have the Kimber FO on my K6S. I’ve had it, shot it, carried for a year and a half. I haven’t destroyed the FO sight yet. I do tend to break things. I can’t have anything nice around here.

Quote Originally Posted by medmo View Post
    I don’t have an answer for you regarding the fit of the S&W front sight to the Kimber but I do have the Kimber FO on my K6S. I’ve had it, shot it, carried for a year and a half. I haven’t destroyed the FO sight yet. I do tend to break things. I can’t have anything nice around here.
    Hi and thanks Medmo! I have followed your posts with your K6. I guess the prudent thing to do is bite the bullet and order the FO and install it. I can always pursue the HiViz option if I screw the sight up down the road. I wonder if Kimber CS will sell the front sight to me without the rear? Guess I will find out.

Thanks again.

Zeke

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke38 View Post
    Hi and thanks Medmo! I have followed your posts with your K6. I guess the prudent thing to do is bite the bullet and order the FO and install it. I can always pursue the HiViz option if I screw the sight up down the road. I wonder if Kimber CS will sell the front sight to me without the rear? Guess I will find out.

Thanks again.

Zeke
    Let us know if they do sell the front sight separate please? I’d appreciate the scoop. They were definitely stingy on selling internals and wouldn’t sell me springs when I asked them about a year ago. I wanted to buy a couple extra for the hammer and rebound so I could experiment with spinning/polishing to see what I could do with reliable further reduction on the trigger weight.

Photographic evidentiary that I have yet to destroy it:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by medmo; 11-18-2020 at 12:18 PM.

Thanks for the pic! I will followup on the FO from Kimber and see if they will sell me a hammer and rebound spring as I wanted at least one of each for a spare.

Let us know if they do sell the front sight separate please? I’d appreciate the scoop. They were definitely stingy on selling internals and wouldn’t sell me springs when I asked them about a year ago. I wanted to buy a couple extra for the hammer and rebound so I could experiment with spinning/polishing to see what I could do with reliable further reduction on the trigger weight.

In addition to spare firing pins, TK Custom now has complete spring kits so you can get as many spares as you want.

https://tkcustom.com/products/s-w-re...kit-firing-pin

I tried to get a spare firing pin from them, and they flat out refused saying that they would repair it if it broke. Pissed me off.
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Quote Originally Posted by HeavyDuty View Post
    I tried to get a spare firing pin from them, and they flat out refused saying that they would repair it if it broke. Pissed me off.
    Like jh9 said, TK Custom to the rescue!

Last edited by medmo; 11-20-2020 at 09:35 AM.

Like jh9 said, TK Custom to the rescue!

I saw that - assuming it’s a vetted replacement, I’ll get one ordered and keep the original as a spare. I was referring more to Kimber’s attitude. Thanks!
    Ken

BBI: ...”you better not forget the safe word because shit's about to get weird”...
    revchuck38: ...”mo' ammo is mo' betta' unless you're swimming or on fire.”

Great news from TK Custom, be on the phone Monday for the kit! Thanks youse guys!

User Tag List