Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 320 striker reset spring

320 striker reset spring

My wife started having an issue with her newest Legion CO pistol, where the tip of the striker would protrude when the slide was locked back and she went to insert a magazine at “make ready.” Discussed this with another friend who shoots high round counts through a 330 Legion, and he has to routinely replace the striker reset spring. When we got the striker out, we were astounded at how small such an important spring was. It is the little itty bitty part.

Name:  F234C3D1-0D42-45F5-8203-026DBCE0C7A0.jpg
Views: 1765
Size:  34.1 KB
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    My wife started having an issue with her newest Legion CO pistol, where the tip of the striker would protrude when the slide was locked back and she went to insert a magazine at “make ready.” Discussed this with another friend who shoots high round counts through a 330 Legion, and he has to routinely replace the striker reset spring. When we got the striker out, we were astounded at how small such an important spring was. It is the little itty bitty part.

What’s the round count on this one?

Quote Originally Posted by Archer1440 View Post
    What’s the round count on this one?
    Only about 2,500 live fire and modest dry fire.

Would you happen to know if the striker assembly and the related springs are the same between the Legion and a normal P320? It's time for end of year maintenance and I don't have the patience to untangle the 10 million Benos threads about P320 triggers and all the various combinations of aftermarket parts. I have heard that the legion has a different striker spring but I can't seem to find any place to buy the damn thing anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyesquared View Post
    Would you happen to know if the striker assembly and the related springs are the same between the Legion and a normal P320? It's time for end of year maintenance and I don't have the patience to untangle the 10 million Benos threads about P320 triggers and all the various combinations of aftermarket parts. I have heard that the legion has a different striker spring but I can't seem to find any place to buy the damn thing anyways.
    Good question, my friend says the Legion part is different from a regular X5, but Sig told my wife they are the same. My wife bought ten springs from Brownell’s today, which was the only place she could find them.

Only about 2,500 live fire and modest dry fire.
    As you know, every dry fire cycle does count against the lifespan of the springs on the striker mechanism. For me, my dry to live fire ratios are about 100-1. So I stay on top of these sorts of issues by treating dry fire as if it is live when it comes to small parts (and I dry fire a specific dedicated pistol, in my case, a VP9, which is arguably a lot more robust than a 320 series SIG).

Section 4.2 of my P320 armorer’s manual recommends replacement of the “striker assembly” at 20,000 round intervals.

I’d say that spring wore out too soon.

That’s for 9mm models. All others are 15k intervals.

Regards.

Sigh....

Picture of a new spring and a worn out one.

Name:  1D041296-A4E3-445B-910F-03425C0227CB.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  23.1 KB

Picture of a new spring and a worn out one.

Name:  1D041296-A4E3-445B-910F-03425C0227CB.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  23.1 KB
    How did you get a new spring?

I have 4 p320 pistols. I have found 2 broken striker reset springs after low round counts. Contacted sig and their customer service was rude and only said I could send my firearms in to be inspected for 55 dollars. I told him in depth that it didn't need to be inspected, I was telling him the exact issue. His response was they don't sell that spring individually.

When a 7 dollar spring can make your gun go down, and the only option is buying a new 60 dollar striker assembly is solution, that's ridiculous.

User Tag List