Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1301 Tactical Front sights

1301 Tactical Front sights

All

If your interested in changing out the sights on your 1301 Tactical

Per MEPROLIGHT - The Beretta 1301 takes the same sights as the Benelli M4 so model ML34302 will fit it.

Per XS Sights - We have not made a Big Dot for the 1301 family yet. They are in the works, and they should be ready in December or January. They’ll be up on the website as soon as they are available.

I put Big Dots on my pistols so I'll wait til these are available for the 1301.
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

If I could drum up enough insterest, my froends at XS said they would make a stripe and tritium stripe front sight for the 1301/BM4

A tritium stripe instead of a dot, interesting. Yeah, sign me up.
    DON'T PISS OFF OLD PEOPLE. THE OLDER WE GET THE LESS "LIFE IN PRISON' IS A DETERENT.

Site Supporter
    I’ll just leave this here, in case it meets someone’s needs.

I have one on my 1301T.

https://www.blitzkriegcomponents.com...s.asp?Cat=1826

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    It's the same as the Benelli M4 front sight. I've compared both side by side. I've asked the head of Beretta's shotgun programs and he's confirmed they are the same.

My 1301's have the aforementioned Blitzkreig sights, which I am very fond of.

An XS big dot style sight doesn't make much sense in a ghost ring setup like we have on the 1301T, IMO. The Blitzkreig sights are still highly visible and give a more distinct aiming point if the standard front sight isn't working well with your eyesight.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by nraforlife View Post
    A tritium stripe instead of a dot, interesting. Yeah, sign me up.
    So XS donated to me an old demo of their tritium stripe for the AK. I can do one of two things, assuming I decide to keep my 1301; drill a new hole in the front sight tower, or open up the factory hole. There's plenty of room on the front sight tower to drill a new hole. Opening up the factory hole would leave me with having a non-usable hole should the idea not work, I'd have to drill another hoe anyways. The big problem is finding a small enough square nut with the proper thread pitch for the AK front sight.

XS also donated the sight for another shotgun project. I dislike bead sighted shotguns. I think the sight system sucks, especially for a beginner level shooter. In fact I equated a bead sighted shotgun to a J-frame. It requires a certain level of talent. But...! But I feel a tritium stripe makes for a better stand alone front than any bead. I havent the time lately to work on either projects.

So here's where my 1301/BM4 front sight project sits. Normally for a new idea they need to have funds for 1,000 units. Because the stripe is something they make for both ARs and AKs is something, that would reduce the minimum number by half. If I can find somebody who will do the CAD work instead of XS, the minimums would go down further. I dont know shit about CAD.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    So XS donated to me an old demo of their tritium stripe for the AK. I can do one of two things, assuming I decide to keep my 1301; drill a new hole in the front sight tower, or open up the factory hole. There's plenty of room on the front sight tower to drill a new hole. Opening up the factory hole would leave me with having a non-usable hole should the idea not work, I'd have to drill another hoe anyways. The big problem is finding a small enough square nut with the proper thread pitch for the AK front sight.

XS also donated the sight for another shotgun project. I dislike bead sighted shotguns. I think the sight system sucks, especially for a beginner level shooter. In fact I equated a bead sighted shotgun to a J-frame. It requires a certain level of talent. But...! But I feel a tritium stripe makes for a better stand alone front than any bead. I havent the time lately to work on either projects.

So here's where my 1301/BM4 front sight project sits. Normally for a new idea they need to have funds for 1,000 units. Because the stripe is something they make for both ARs and AKs is something, that would reduce the minimum number by half. If I can find somebody who will do the CAD work instead of XS, the minimums would go down further. I dont know shit about CAD.
    Thanks, guess it is wait for big dot...

Quote Originally Posted by nraforlife View Post
    Thanks, guess it is wait for big dot...
    They make one for the Benelli M4 which is the same as the Beretta 1301.

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13438

Quote Originally Posted by Brian T View Post
    They make one for the Benelli M4 which is the same as the Beretta 1301.

https://www.xssights.com/Products.aspx?CAT=13438
    Those are standard size dots. Big Dot's are out maybe before X-Mas 2020

Thanks n

Big Dots available Jan 2021

User Tag List